Broome Street Lockdown!!

QueenB

I have seen several articles in the news today about the alleged "illegal after hours club" operating at 8 Broome Street on the south side. 

I have reason to believe that many of these 70 reported calls to BPD are bogus. 70 phone calls in 6 months?! How that is even possible is mind blowing, considering the people that frequent that building are mostly all bails bondsman and bounty hunters. They are a group of people that to get together on the weekends when they have free time, have a few drinks and unwind.

These aren't people out breaking laws and partying all night long causing issues. They are a very hardworking group that deserves to have down time and enjoy it as they please. Why are we trying to run the good guys out of town? Aren't these the type that we need and want in our area? These guys put their lives on the line, as do law enforcement, to protect the City and it citizens. No one there is out to ".. threaten public safety and hurt our neighborhoods", as Mayor Kraham stated in his warning letter. 

This isn't an illegal hours nightclub like the City is making it seem. Smoke & mirrors. What is really going on that they don't want you to pay attention to? Something stinks. 

5 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

There doesn't seem to be much down there, except an apt bldg nearby.

What about the poster or whatever about bands, etc, though? (saw on WNBF?) 

I was unaware of the purple poster that was apparently on social media until I just now saw your reply. I went and checked & it doesn't state which business at the address was promoting it, only the address of 8 Broome Street. It was also 9 months ago that it was circulated from what I can tell and the lockdown warning states 70 calls in the past 6 months. Just my thoughts. If this was some huge issue, then I'm sure an event of that size would have had complaint calls associated with it as well. 

First of all i don't trust this one term Mayor. He has burned many bridges with many Republicans and Democrats in the City and County and have voiced their displeasure of him. He has an arrogance that people have finally seen and have said he is untrustworthy . He is not his father, i know many who had alot of respect for Jeff. Joe Burns would have made a better likable Mayor. I can tell you this, Jared will not have any buildings named after him i can assure you that. He makes things personal. He's a Bucci Boy and he needs to be dealt out of office in the next election. A one term Boy.

I agree with Garo K, Jared Kraham doesn't have a political future.  I find it hard to believe that 8 Broome St. has all those police calls... it's not exactly a residential neighborhood.  So who's calling the police? Seems like the issue is coming from city hall, not the neighbors.  The city water dept. is directly across the street.

Bucci candidates don't win in Broome County, because Bucci uses their campaigns to settle political scores, rather than run on issues to best represent the people. Jared will lose the next election and get a job at BU.

On 4/18/2024 at 11:22 PM, Independent said:

First of all i don't trust this one term Mayor. He has burned many bridges with many Republicans and Democrats in the City and County and have voiced their displeasure of him. He has an arrogance that people have finally seen and have said he is untrustworthy . He is not his father, i know many who had alot of respect for Jeff. Joe Burns would have made a better likable Mayor. I can tell you this, Jared will not have any buildings named after him i can assure you that. He makes things personal. He's a Bucci Boy and he needs to be dealt out of office in the next election. A one term Boy.

I agree with you Garo 

I would think that with all that has happened in Binghamton recently that this would be very low priority.    How about Kraham giving updates on the murder by the ballpark or the young man that was run over on Rt363 or the murder of the child on the Eastside.   To my knowledge none of these crimes have been solved. It seems that recently the Sheriffs Dept is taking a more active role in Binghamton which is a good thing.