Mall Island - Need your nails done?

Guest No Nails

Guest No Nails

Is it just me, or are the people that run that nail island in the Oakdale Mall overbearing? It's hard to walk by them without being hounded, and don't you dare make eye contact with them or else you'll be buying some $39.99 Dead Sea Salt scrub and a nail buffer. Man they want your money.

Guest BC Voice of Reason
Is it just me, or are the people that run that nail island in the Oakdale Mall overbearing? It's hard to walk by them without being hounded, and don't you dare make eye contact with them or else you'll be buying some $39.99 Dead Sea Salt scrub and a nail buffer. Man they want your money.

Is that the kiosk in the middle of the mall near The Bon Ton? They are very overbearing. The girl asked to see my hand when I walked by there, and then she grabbed it and tried squirting some goop on it. I yanked it away before she got the chance. I learned then not to make eye contact. Also, I noticed they were pretty rude to people who ignored them around Christmas time. They were downright harassing people.

Guest Ban Nail Nazis

If you find the nail people revolting- let the mall management know about it. The mall office number is 798-9389 or even better, the next time you are in the mall, stop by the office and let them know in person.

Guest jelly bean

they are just a bunch of gypsies trying to get your money. If you want to buy something from them you ususally can bargin with them, they will take whatever they can get.

It makes no difference if you make eye contact or not...they will chase after you. I just firmly start saying "NO THANK YOU-NOT INTERESTED!" the minute they approach.

I have considered contacting the mall office about the guerilla tacticts this kiosk uses, but I figure that greedy Nancy Phillips must be making some money off them so they get to stay.

I wonder...does the queen of the "mall walkers" allow them to chase down her precious mall walkers or only people that are there to spend their money shoppin? :blink:

These people are so annoying. Got so I do not like to go to the mall for this reason. We walk as far away as possible from these people and don't make eye contact. I think they have alot of nerve grabbing and bothering people like they do. How do they even stay in business? Does anyone else get tired of being bothered every time you go somewhere and people are always wanting you to donate money for something all the time? Someone always has their hand out trying to get in your pocket for something. I hate to even go to the grocery store anymore.

These people are so annoying. Got so I do not like to go to the mall for this reason. We walk as far away as possible from these people and don't make eye contact. I think they have alot of nerve grabbing and bothering people like they do. How do they even stay in business? Does anyone else get tired of being bothered every time you go somewhere and people are always wanting you to donate money for something all the time? Someone always has their hand out trying to get in your pocket for something. I hate to even go to the grocery store anymore.

Yeah, but last time I mentioned it on here, I got nailed for not being charitable enough. <_<

Oh my goodness, what are your people, whhoooess's?

When anyone comes on to you with that kind of force, you mean you don't have what it takes to give a simple NO! No one has ever harrassed me in any Mall in any city that I just said No Thanks, looking right at them eye to eye..that they understand, weakness they see. Weak you very well may be, that is your problem, they are doing what they feel they have to do. I guess they get a lot of you by the reponse on here. GEEZ!

Oh my goodness, what are your people, whhoooess's?

When anyone comes on to you with that kind of force, you mean you don't have what it takes to give a simple NO! No one has ever harrassed me in any Mall in any city that I just said No Thanks, looking right at them eye to eye..that they understand, weakness they see. Weak you very well may be, that is your problem, they are doing what they feel they have to do. I guess they get a lot of you by the reponse on here. GEEZ!

Guess we know where "Guest-Patty" works! :lol::P:D

Ask them for their health permit. They should not be practicing hand massage or any type of cosmetology service without a permit of some sort.

Just tell them you don't support what the Zionist regime in Israel is doing and you don't want to fund it. They will remember you and never try to sell you anything again.

I do agree that something should be done...I'm glad I'm not the only one.

My mom got those people real good around Christmas when we were shopping. One girl grabbed moms hand and tried to sell her lotion and some buffer to shine up her nails. Mom said she never bought anything without first talking to people who tried it or sampled it herself. They practically gave her a complete manicure when she told them she decided she didn't need the stuff. She walked away smiling with her newly buffed nails. LOL.

Guest big rob

Listen i got a answer for you on this topic the last time i was in the mall with my wife we were walking by them and they had stoped us and i told them no ! then i told the girl that was doing the harrasing that no i like the way my wife's rough hands feel on my DELETED and don't need anything to make here hands any softer so next time your in the mall and they ask just say i like the way my hands feel on my husbands tool really loud like i did this is a true story just ask the 70 year old couple that were walking behind us !!!! the guy said to me that they have been walking in the mall for years now and that was the funnest thing that they had heard to date .

After being 'attacked' by the hand cream freaks at Christmas and with all the MRSA stuff in the news, I called the BC Health Dept to check if they regulate them. Well guess what? NOPE!!!!

Does anyone know if they change their buffer after each victim? Isn't the mall opening themselves up to a huge lawsuit if someone caught something from these fools?

There is one more thing to be said about shopping in Vestal v. the mall: better stores, less thugs and no hand cream vultures.

The solution to this is quite simple. You have two options when the "mallsters" tried to grab you:

1. Just as you are approaching, pretend to sneeze violently into both hands.

2. As soon as they touch, you start screaming at the top of your lungs -- "Why are you grabbing me? HELP! Someone help me!"

If we all start doing either of the above, I think we will see things improve.

Guest guest239248

OMG i hate these mall people. i was out christmas shoppping and i went into bed bath and beyond - where the lady asked me if i wanted to try some new lotion. since i was looking for a gift i let her squirt some into my hands so i could try. BIG mistake. it was the nasties smelling stuff EVER. everytime i went to brush my hair out of my face it was all that i could smell. Trying to relieve my suffering i decided to try some of these peoples' salts - just as an excuse to wash my hands :). ANOTHER BIG mistake. After i was done washing the guy handed it to me so that i could read the bottle. When i was done looking at what he was showing me i tried to put it back. He jumped in front of me and would not let me. I then tired to hand it back to him- he was backing away as if it were a snake. after like 5 minutes of this dance i finally got fed up and said either you take this or i am walking away with it without paying because i am not going to play these childish games with you anymore. HE REFUSED - kept saying no that is yours just 20 dollas! I finally placed it on the floor in front of him and walked away. It took about 10 minutes of my time. Then i swear he remembered me because everytime i went christmas shopping after taht he would say things like of you again only 20 dollas - IT WAS CREEPY. I have been chased with the product after that but i havent been foolish enough to touch a bottle since!

Archived