Missing Mother of 3!

Guest Guest

I posted this last night but it seems peole are not interested in posting with correct information. Much more fun if it were Jan instead, makes her look even worse, which for some reason is the agenda.

Dougherty's sisters said she had dated a few men since separating from her husband, Bill Dougherty, in November.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest just sayin'

I think this post has gotten off topic. The topic is set for help in information and prayers for the family. The woman is gone, not a matter of her morality. Yes, there are circumstances surrounding the disappearance that question her integrity and they should be investigated. The circumstances, not her sex life. This woman may be dead, and people are here making claims that they knowlittle about. I went through a time in life where I dated a few different men in a short period of time. We went to dinner and saw movies. I did not sleep with them. So, perhaps these statements are bringing about ideas that are not necessarily correct. Maybe they are spot on. This is not the point. This is someone's mother, someone's daughter, sister, and friend. Let the topic be for help and support for the people effected. Not an inquisition on the woman's morality.

@

this would not happen to anyone in my family or circle of friends as they are all in possession or morals and standards that apparently this woman was void of. don't forget, she has had "several boyfriends" since january. if she was still with us and this did not happen, i can guaranty that before MAY she would have had a fiancee. that is the normal progression for these type of people. they are the salt of the earth. makes you want to take them home to MOM, doesn't it. don't forget about her son that heard NOTHING.

Who are you to judge? You or I could've taken a left turn instead of a right, and been in the same boat she's in...Count your blessings. "These people???" You make me laugh at your ignorance.

Guest Guest
I think this post has gotten off topic. The topic is set for help in information and prayers for the family. The woman is gone, not a matter of her morality. Yes, there are circumstances surrounding the disappearance that question her integrity and they should be investigated. The circumstances, not her sex life. This woman may be dead, and people are here making claims that they knowlittle about. I went through a time in life where I dated a few different men in a short period of time. We went to dinner and saw movies. I did not sleep with them. So, perhaps these statements are bringing about ideas that are not necessarily correct. Maybe they are spot on. This is not the point. This is someone's mother, someone's daughter, sister, and friend. Let the topic be for help and support for the people effected. Not an inquisition on the woman's morality.

@

DELETED

Guest just sayin'

Must be you are in the know about something we don't. Or perhaps your just being mean and pessimistic. Maybe, it had nothing to do with her lifestyle. Maybe it did. Why can't a community of people rally around a family to show support in a time of sorrow? This is the reason the area is going to hell. No one cares about their neighbor anymore. No one wants to pitch in and help, they would rather sit on the sidelines and make speculations and whine. People in neighborhoods can band together and make changes. So what if this woman had some sex. That means she should be hurt or worse? What a sad, judgemental life you lead. It takes more work to be negative than to find something positive to say. Why not simply wish the family well? You don't have to agree with the woman's lifestyle. There are others suffering... Someday you may need to know tht there is a community that supports you, I hope that never happens. Wouldn;t it be nice to know that its still out there, instead of beating it into the ground.

@

Guest Guest
Must be you are in the know about something we don't. Or perhaps your just being mean and pessimistic. Maybe, it had nothing to do with her lifestyle. Maybe it did. Why can't a community of people rally around a family to show support in a time of sorrow? This is the reason the area is going to hell. No one cares about their neighbor anymore. No one wants to pitch in and help, they would rather sit on the sidelines and make speculations and whine. People in neighborhoods can band together and make changes. So what if this woman had some sex. That means she should be hurt or worse? What a sad, judgemental life you lead. It takes more work to be negative than to find something positive to say. Why not simply wish the family well? You don't have to agree with the woman's lifestyle. There are others suffering... Someday you may need to know tht there is a community that supports you, I hope that never happens. Wouldn;t it be nice to know that its still out there, instead of beating it into the ground.

god forbid if i should ever need the community to rally around me in time of need. i take care of myself and my family. to hell with the community. i shudder every time there is a fire or a sickness and the COMMUNITY rallies to have a benefit. why, because it makes the community feel better for the way they have conducted themselves over all the years. to hell with the guy that has a medical emergency with no insurance. i have to pay for mine, he should provide for his. to the family that looses their home to fire, that is why we have homeowner's insurance. take care of you and yours yourself. how amny times is their a fire that we read the owner had no fire insurance. why? because they want to continue to take from the community. i may sound cinical, i don't mean to be, just realistic. take care of your own. before you make a judgement about me, i donate to worthy causes and charities. people without insurance are not worthy in my opinion.

@

Guest Guest
god forbid if i should ever need the community to rally around me in time of need. i take care of myself and my family. to hell with the community. i shudder every time there is a fire or a sickness and the COMMUNITY rallies to have a benefit. why, because it makes the community feel better for the way they have conducted themselves over all the years. to hell with the guy that has a medical emergency with no insurance. i have to pay for mine, he should provide for his. to the family that looses their home to fire, that is why we have homeowner's insurance. take care of you and yours yourself. how amny times is their a fire that we read the owner had no fire insurance. why? because they want to continue to take from the community. i may sound cinical, i don't mean to be, just realistic. take care of your own. before you make a judgement about me, i donate to worthy causes and charities. people without insurance are not worthy in my opinion.

sorry for the typos. i meant MANY and THERE, not amny and their

I hate to think that these nasties are native to only this area...reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials.

Sadly, they aren't. They are all over the world. They take a persons tragedy and turn it into a victim fest to make themselves feel better. Just google missing persons message boards and read, you'll see what I mean.

Guest Guest
I like the part where "the son slept through the screams" riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

My kid is 25 and she can sleep through ANYTHING. Just becuz you don't or have never experienced it, doesn't mean it can't happen.

@

No one should be on here judging this woman or her lifestyle whatever that might be. It is very important right now for everyone to get her picture spread around the internet as a missing person. This woman is missing. She vanished in the middle of the night. With nothing, in her pajamas. Please pray for her and her family as they need all the help and support they can get right now. This topic was created to get the public aware of a missing person. Not so that you would bash her reputation. May none of you fall victim to foul play.

My kid is 25 and she can sleep through ANYTHING. Just becuz you don't or have never experienced it, doesn't mean it can't happen.

@

:lol: Very true! If I am in the one front upstairs bedroom with the door shut, I can't hear the dogs bark and they are right outside the back of the house. Bet the neighbors can though :blink:

So you are right, in my opinion. Could have been a heavy sleeper or a room that is isolated. Thanks for pointing that out!

Guest Guest

what about the sheriffs? or has no one heard this yet, they got the call for the screams and they CLEARED the call a short time later, said they found nothing, it wasnt until morning and it was reported she was missing the cops actually did something about it, she was alive when the cops were called... i hold them partially responsible

what about the sheriffs? or has no one heard this yet, they got the call for the screams and they CLEARED the call a short time later, said they found nothing, it wasnt until morning and it was reported she was missing the cops actually did something about it, she was alive when the cops were called... i hold them partially responsible

I'm not familar with that area. Is it populated? Could the police have thought it was kids playing around? Not defending them, just asking.

@

Guest Guest

why? hold her lifestyle responsible. maybe if she had she been more selevctive in her choice of men or the number of men that she had been with since january, this never would have happened. now if it is found to be one of her estranged husbands, i will formally apologize for casting these aspersions. either way, i think she subjected herself to danger by her contact with "several boyfriends" since january.

why? hold her lifestyle responsible. maybe if she had she been more selevctive in her choice of men or the number of men that she had been with since january, this never would have happened. now if it is found to be one of her estranged husbands, i will formally apologize for casting these aspersions. either way, i think she subjected herself to danger by her contact with "several boyfriends" since january.

Say this with me ok. NOVEMBER NOT JANUARY. I can type slower if you'd like.

If you are going to judge somebody at least do it with the facts as stated. And yes, it has been posted twice with links.....NOVEMBER....

You sound like you are really jealous. NEVER once did anyone EVER say she was SLEEPING with these men. I have a lot of male frriends. Does that mean that I am sleeping with them? God I hope not. That would really DELETED my husband off and me because I don't remember any of it.You need to get a life of your own and quit holding her "lifestyle" responsible for something someone else did.

Maybe it was someone YOU know that made her scream that night? Is that why your so quick to judge her? You want sympathy for the person that did this? Do you also think that if the person is caught that did this should go to court and simply say "But your honor, it was her "LIFESTYLE" that made me do this." and that makes it not that persons fault?

Another question for ya, with all the child molesters out there, do you think it is the childs fault they were molested? You know what I meen. If they just hadn't wore that cute little pink frilly dress, I would never have thought about it. Do you think they were asking for it too?

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!!!! Blame the victim. Let's wonder why a lot of vicits won't come forward. It's because of people like YOU!!!!!!

(I am sorry for all the typo's. I am so aggrivated by this person my hands are shaking too bad to give a rats DELETED.)

How do we "know" its foul play?

Tell me where it’s not foul play okay… The neighbors hear screams about 3:00am. The woman never shows up for work and hasn’t been seen since 10:00p.m. the night before in purple pajamas. At home are her cell phone, purse, ATM, cash, and her car. She has no means of transportation and no way of paying for it. Plus if she wanted to pay for transportation people would recognize her (then she would be found). The latest article says that the only thing missing from the house was the purple pajamas. Think about it this way. If this was your family member or friend, would you think that she just got up and left her life or there was foul play? Unfortunately this does look like foul play. Hopefully someone will remember something that happened that was strange but didn‘t really take notice. People should rethink all their last 7-8 months with this woman. There could be a hint that just needs to be jogged. I’m still praying that she has a safe return and she hasn’t been harmed. God be with her and her family.

Guest Guest
Tell me where it’s not foul play okay… The neighbors hear screams about 3:00am. The woman never shows up for work and hasn’t been seen since 10:00p.m. the night before in purple pajamas. At home are her cell phone, purse, ATM, cash, and her car. She has no means of transportation and no way of paying for it. Plus if she wanted to pay for transportation people would recognize her (then she would be found). The latest article says that the only thing missing from the house was the purple pajamas. Think about it this way. If this was your family member or friend, would you think that she just got up and left her life or there was foul play? Unfortunately this does look like foul play. Hopefully someone will remember something that happened that was strange but didn‘t really take notice. People should rethink all their last 7-8 months with this woman. There could be a hint that just needs to be jogged. I’m still praying that she has a safe return and she hasn’t been harmed. God be with her and her family.

DELETED

Boy oh boy. I've not been here for a couple of days and the place hasn't changed!

It is repulsive to read the high horsed judgemental hypocrates rant about a woman they do not even know. I do not know this woman either, but I have read the papers and seen the news reports. I pray for her and her family.

To jump to conclusions that this woman earned her circumstance by sleeping with so many men...is just fantastic fiction. How do you know she slept with anyone? Do you know what the difference between what a friend is vs. a boyfriend? Does dating mean that they would automatically be sleeping together?

Many of you sound like a bunch of miserable old coots! I had to laugh at the poster that insisted this would never happen in his family - because they are morally superior! Give me a break.

Does anyone remember the poor woman that was driving to Albany for a meeting and her car broke down (about 12-15 years ago)? She flagged down a trucker...ended up beaten, raped and dropped over a bridge onto railroad tracks. I believe she died at the hospital. I seem to remember that she and/or her husband were ministers. By all accounts, this woman was a good mother and wife. To follow the reasoning of some posters in this thread - what did she do to earn her fate?

I do not want this posting to become a religious rant, but so many bible quotations come to mind. I will simply say that some posters need to apply the rules of morality to themselves. While you may be anonymous here, nothing is anonymous to the almighty. Hateful and hurtful postings are acts that "count" when the final judgement comes.

Does anyone remember the poor woman that was driving to Albany for a meeting and her car broke down (about 12-15 years ago)? She flagged down a trucker...ended up beaten, raped and dropped over a bridge onto railroad tracks. I believe she died at the hospital. I seem to remember that she and/or her husband were ministers. By all accounts, this woman was a good mother and wife. To follow the reasoning of some posters in this thread - what did she do to earn her fate?

________________________________________________________________________________

____________--

Wasn't that in Bath?

@

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...754C0A964958260

Mr. Vega is accused of raping, robbing and sexually abusing Dianne L. Hoppert, 48, of Owego, on July 18, 1991, then shoving her from an overpass on Interstate 88.

She was still alive when she was discovered, naked, bound, gagged and blindfolded, on railroad tracks beneath the highway. The police said she told rescuers that she had been raped, but investigators were unable to question her before she died four hours later during surgery at a hospital in Johnson City.

Is this the correct one?

@

Archived