1979 UE Football or 1985 BHS Football Team?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
That's ok because you doubt anything negative that's said about your precious Tigers. Especially from when it was "your time" and didn't even play the game.

Pal, I played the game and you would not have ever been able to tackle me one on one. There is nothing to doubt. The stuff you spout simply isn't true. Cole was on a wrestling scholaship not football, that is a FACT. I know the Crounse family and it was documented in the paper. he was shot in the leg. He was first string on the depth charts at Notre dame before the incident.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Pal, I played the game and you would not have ever been able to tackle me one on one. There is nothing to doubt. The stuff you spout simply isn't true. Cole was on a wrestling scholaship not football, that is a FACT. I know the Crounse family and it was documented in the paper. he was shot in the leg. He was first string on the depth charts at Notre dame before the incident.

Also FACT - Crounse was a joke at Notre Dame and a joke at U-E. Another FACT - I would have buried you in my sleep. Probably still would.

ALSO could someone please post the schedule from 79 and the scores, i wanna see who you played and more importantly what was their record when you played them. :huh:

Sweet Home Buffalo 47-0 5-4

Norwich 34-0 4-4

Central 78-0 1-7

North 63-14 3-4-1

Wagner (Staten Island) 34-6 4-5

Johnson City 55-6 6-1-1 (Ranked 19th at time)

Maine –Endwell 51-0 2-6 (All points scored in first half)

Ithaca 35-0 5-2-1 (Un-scored upon in previous 6 games)

Vestal 16-0 6-1-1 (Mud up to your ankles and more flags flying than on Memorial Day)

Just so you know, actual final records in red

Sweet Home 47-0, 5-4, likely 5-4

Norwich 34-0, 4-4, 4-4

Central 78-0, 1-7, 1-8

North 63-14, 3-4-1, 4-4-1

Wagner 34-6, 4-5, likely 4-5

Johnson City 55-6, 6-1-1, 6-2-1

Maine–Endwell 51-0, 2-6, 3-6

Ithaca 35-0, 5-2-1, 6-2-1

Vestal 16-0, 6-1-1, 6-2-1

Norwich 34-0, 4-4, 4-4

Central 78-0, 1-7, 1-8

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Guest CODY MACKLIN
Sweet Home Buffalo 47-0 5-4

Norwich 34-0 4-4

Central 78-0 1-7

North 63-14 3-4-1

Wagner (Staten Island) 34-6 4-5

Johnson City 55-6 6-1-1 (Ranked 19th at time)

Maine –Endwell 51-0 2-6 (All points scored in first half)

Ithaca 35-0 5-2-1 (Un-scored upon in previous 6 games)

Vestal 16-0 6-1-1 (Mud up to your ankles and more flags flying than on Memorial Day)

thank you for the clarification and info, no doubt that you guys were good, but you guys were not the best!

MT. SAINT JOES. VERMONT 41-14 7-2 (5TH IN VERMONT)

BERWICK 24-14 (NATIONAL CHAMPIONS) 8-3 (8TH IN THEIR STATE)

VESTAL 31-21 7-2

M-E 57-13 5-4

ELMIRA SS 69-0 1-8

HORSEHEADS 59-17 6-3

U-E 42-3 8-1 (17TH IN THE STATE)

ITHACA 28-0 5-4

OWEGO 50-7 4-5

EFA 24-14 9-1 (BOWL GAME) (19TH IN THE STATE)

Guest Guest
thank you for the clarification and info, no doubt that you guys were good, but you guys were not the best!

VESTAL 31-21 7-2

M-E 57-13 5-4

ELMIRA SS 69-0 1-8

HORSEHEADS 59-17 6-3

ITHACA 28-0 5-4

OWEGO 50-7 4-5

This isn't more impressive than the UE wins at all. Vermont- 5th in state? come on there are only 50 high schools in the whole state. Berwick 8-3 ? - all you Bing fans make it sound like you were their only loss. UE 79 by a long shot.

VESTAL 31-21 7-2

M-E 57-13 5-4

ELMIRA SS 69-0 1-8

HORSEHEADS 59-17 6-3

ITHACA 28-0 5-4

OWEGO 50-7 4-5

Thanks Cody

Finally some data to work with. While not complete it is a start.

The only thing that can be derived from the data so far is that the Binghamton schedule was stronger. That does not correlate into the better team.

’85 Binghamton opponents combined record was 61-33 for 10 game season. (.649)

’79 U-E opponents combined record was 36-33-4 for 9 game season. (.521)

’85 Binghamton points scored 425 (42.5 pts Gm) to points allowed 103 (10.3 pts Gm) (10 game season)

’79 U-E points scored 413 (45.9) to points allowed 26 (2.9) (9 game season)

Still waiting on Binghamton All-STAC, All-State, etc. awards

U-E had

18 Coaches All-STAC Players

10 Press/Sun-Bulletin All-STAC Players

10 All-State Players

9 All-CNY Players

Binghamton College football placement

U-E had

17 players play college football (3 unknowns)

1 play college baseball

Guest CODY MACKLIN
This isn't more impressive than the UE wins at all. Vermont- 5th in state? come on there are only 50 high schools in the whole state. Berwick 8-3 ? - all you Bing fans make it sound like you were their only loss. UE 79 by a long shot.

IT ISNT?, YOUR SMOKING SOME SERIOUSLY GOOD CRACK, JUST ADMIT WE HAD A BETTER SCHEDULE AND MOVE ON TO THE NUMBER TWO SPOT BOZO, TELL YOU WHAT EXCLUDE BERWICK, BOTH UE AND EFA WERE RANKED, VERMONT WAS 5/50 ......AND YOUR POINT IS WHAT!!!!

THERE WERE 5 SCHOOLS THAT WERE UNBEATEN UNTIL WE PLAYED THEM UE BEING THE ONE OF THEM

Guest CODY MACKLIN

The only thing that can be derived from the data so far is that the Binghamton schedule was stronger. That does not correlate into the better team.

If the schedule is tougher, that means the team has proven themselves title worthy especially since 1/2 of those points came from second and thrid string players.

though i certainly appreciate the info. the fact we didn't play scubs speaks for itself.

Also i think the whole College/Divisions etc..is getting a bit old. because it will reignite what has already been previoulsy stated

but if my memory servers my correctly

BHS had 5 allstate, NOT JUST CENTRAL, STATE players.

9 all metro players

5 all division 1

*******6 UE All-Opponent players************* this was actually considered an Honor by the Press :lol:

14 players went to College to play football and other sports.

Guest Guest

Norwich 34-0, 4-4, 4-4

Central 78-0, 1-7, 1-8

This has to be the weakest schedule U-E has EVER played in the history of the program. This is truly pathetic. I've never been more convinced that '79 is nothing more than a myth. Nice season? Absolutely! Best team ever assembled?! Not even in its own district!!!!

Guest Guest

Norwich 34-0, 4-4, 4-4

Central 78-0, 1-7, 1-8

This is the best debate in BCVoice history! Even Section 4 Mike gets involved. I love it!

Guest CODY MACKLIN

U-E had

18 Coaches All-STAC Players

10 Press/Sun-Bulletin All-STAC Players

10 All-State Players

9 All-CNY Players

ok how many STAC's did UE belong to, the is REDUNDANT

Guest the hype of 1979

Norwich 34-0, 4-4, 4-4

Central 78-0, 1-7, 1-8

are you guys serious,[/size] The best record of the list was 6-2-1, none of these teams won more that six games, 60% of the teams you played were 500. or below, BHS had played and beaten 4 ranked teams. and you are saying it doesn't correllate to a better team, you have got to be kidding me

Guest the hype of 1979

Norwich 34-0, 4-4, 4-4

Central 78-0, 1-7, 1-8

are you guys serious,The best record of the list was 6-2-1, none of these teams won more that six games, 60% of the teams you played were 500. or below, BHS had played and beaten 4 ranked teams. and you are saying it doesn't correllate to a better team, you have got to be kidding me

Guest Guest

VESTAL 31-21 7-2

M-E 57-13 5-4

ELMIRA SS 69-0 1-8

HORSEHEADS 59-17 6-3

ITHACA 28-0 5-4

OWEGO 50-7 4-5

BHS had 10 point wins over EFA and Vestal. That is hardly overpowering. Nobody stayed within ten points of U.E.

The closest was 16-0 over Vestal. That game was a mudbowl played in driving rain. The field conditions were the same as the M.E. JC swamp game last year.

BHS had 103 points scored on them. U.E. 79 just 26. U.E. had the more dominant team.

Guest Guest
BHS had 10 point wins over EFA and Vestal. That is hardly overpowering. Nobody stayed within ten points of U.E.

The closest was 16-0 over Vestal. That game was a mudbowl played in driving rain. The field conditions were the same as the M.E. JC swamp game last year.

BHS had 103 points scored on them. U.E. 79 just 26. U.E. had the more dominant team.

God you have to be the dumbest person on the planet. Ever think that maybe Binghamton played the tougher schedule and against MUCH better opponents than the mythical '79 team?? They SHOULD have killed everyone they played because they were scrubs. If they want to be even mentioned with the other great teams, they needed to blow out the 8 scrubs they played.

Guest Guest
God you have to be the dumbest person on the planet. Ever think that maybe Binghamton played the tougher schedule and against MUCH better opponents than the mythical '79 team?? They SHOULD have killed everyone they played because they were scrubs. If they want to be even mentioned with the other great teams, they needed to blow out the 8 scrubs they played.

Ithaca Johnson City and Vestal were all better in 79 than they were in 85. So you are basing your all time Broome County dominance on a berwick team that had 2 other losses within their own state? cmon.. hardly a national power that yr. I bet UE 85, EFA 85, Ithaca 85 and Vestal would have given Berwick a game. Vermont? don't even go there...

fact- you cannot compare who they played based on who the better team was. You can base it on who went on to the next level becasue those are facts. The more I look at it- I really think UE 79 had the tougher schedule as Vestal and Ithaca were very good teams...

Guest Guest
Ithaca Johnson City and Vestal were all better in 79 than they were in 85. So you are basing your all time Broome County dominance on a berwick team that had 2 other losses within their own state? cmon.. hardly a national power that yr. I bet UE 85, EFA 85, Ithaca 85 and Vestal would have given Berwick a game. Vermont? don't even go there...

fact- you cannot compare who they played based on who the better team was. You can base it on who went on to the next level becasue those are facts. The more I look at it- I really think UE 79 had the tougher schedule as Vestal and Ithaca were very good teams...

How can you possibly make a statement like "they were better in '79 than they were in '85" when talking about all of those other teams. You've proven to be an idiot over and over and over again. Go beat off to your year 1979 yearbooks and face the facts that your football team is a product of hype, myth, and legend.

Guest Guest

Base it on who went to the next level? Facts they are. But they are facts that mean nothing and prove nothing. Fran the Salesman got garbage football players the old college try. Good for him. Only 3 were worth a damn.

Guest Hank Nanni

You must have been kicked in the head too many times trying to tackle U.E. players. BHS played LOCAL teams in 1985 in EFA and Vestal. BHS only won each game by 10 points. U.E. smothered the local competition in 79, something Binghamton did not do. U.E. also smothered the out of town teams they played. To a casual observor it is clear who had the more dominant team. Another tidbit, in the U.E. mudbowl win 16-0 over Vestal U.E. took a knee on the vestal 2 yard line to run out the clock.

Guest The hype of 79

What part of RANKED does not sink in with you UE fans, BHS schedule was much more tougher and legit than the mythical 79' schedule, you keep arguing a weak point when it is very obvious that records of the teams you played were outright ridiculous, you guys did not play anyone, live with that.

nobody stayed within ten points because you did NOT play anyone, that is not rocket science here. please explain how beating RANKED teams both on a National and State level does not equate to playing local teams with records below .500. GET SERIOUS and get over it.

Guest Guest
What part of RANKED does not sink in with you UE fans, BHS schedule was much more tougher and legit than the mythical 79' schedule, you keep arguing a weak point when it is very obvious that records of the teams you played were outright ridiculous, you guys did not play anyone, live with that.

nobody stayed within ten points because you did NOT play anyone, that is not rocket science here. please explain how beating RANKED teams both on a National and State level does not equate to playing local teams with records below .500. GET SERIOUS and get over it.

Your all a bunch of Al Bundys, who cares it was 3 decades ago!!!!

Guest Hank Nanni

Dumcoff, we played all the local teams like you did. Vestal and EFA you only beat by 10 each. U.E. played powerfull Ithaca and Vestal teams and shut them out, they did not have to settle for 10 point wins. Ithaca was UNSCORED on until the big game with U.E. Well the Tigers put a 35 spot on the board. Ithaca was shut out and incredibly did not move the ball into U.E. territory the whole game. JC was ranked 19th in the State. U.E. was up 28-0 in the first quarter before coasting to the 55 points with the subs in. U.E. slaughtered a North team that was good enough to beat 10th ranked Chenango Forks. BHS gave up more points in the EFA and Vestal games then U.E. allowed in its entire season.

Guest Guest
Dumcoff, we played all the local teams like you did. Vestal and EFA you only beat by 10 each. U.E. played powerfull Ithaca and Vestal teams and shut them out, they did not have to settle for 10 point wins. Ithaca was UNSCORED on until the big game with U.E. Well the Tigers put a 35 spot on the board. Ithaca was shut out and incredibly did not move the ball into U.E. territory the whole game. JC was ranked 19th in the State. U.E. was up 28-0 in the first quarter before coasting to the 55 points with the subs in. U.E. slaughtered a North team that was good enough to beat 10th ranked Chenango Forks. BHS gave up more points in the EFA and Vestal games then U.E. allowed in its entire season.

He has spoken, I think that was Al Bundy himself. If not it surely had to be uncle Ricco

Archived