High School Baseball

Guest Guest

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big dog

Its Wood not Woods, and he's not a coach.

Are you freak'n kidding me? Tony "Woods" is in the dugout, in the ear of the coach who has no backbone and is in the scorebook giving every junior a hit on errors, etc. Everyone knows this incl. the coach who lets him post these ridiculous stats from little league bookkeeper. "Every time you hit the ball and get on base, it is a hit". Keller is not that far off. The whole CV community knows that Wood/Keller is pushing the juniors and the varsity coach is biting. When the dust settles, it will come to bite them, when it counts in Sectionals.

Guest guest

Are you freak'n kidding me? Tony "Woods" is in the dugout, in the ear of the coach who has no backbone and is in the scorebook giving every junior a hit on errors, etc. Everyone knows this incl. the coach who lets him post these ridiculous stats from little league bookkeeper. "Every time you hit the ball and get on base, it is a hit". Keller is not that far off. The whole CV community knows that Wood/Keller is pushing the juniors and the varsity coach is biting. When the dust settles, it will come to bite them, when it counts in Sectionals.

Clearly, you need some major assistance on this one, so let me help you out. Mike Allen=THE coach. Plenty of backbone as far as I can see. Very demanding and requires nothing less than the best from each and every player, sophomore, junior, senior, whatever. In no way is "Woods" running this program. Tony Woods=scorekeeper. Yes, Tony is in the dugout. He knows the players, including "every junior", and he absolutely wants to see the TEAM do well. Remember, these juniors won the JV stac championship last year, and while many will be quick to point out "it's JV's, so what?", I think their success on the field the past few years speaks volumes. If Tony is "padding" the stats as you say, that's on him. Stats in a book don't win games. Players do. Win or lose, this team if full of outstanding athletes, and more importantly, young men. You obviously don't know any of them, and that's too bad for you. These seniors, juniors, and sophomore are some of the nicest kids in the area, and they've ALL played a role in the success of this team. Lastly, who the hell is Keller???? There is no Keller at CV, making it rather impossible for "him" to be pushing the juniors. This is at least the second post with that name, and the only Kellar (note the -ar at the end) I've heard of on this forum is the Kellar that plays for Binghamton, different district, and a real person. Sorry to disappoint. It's amusing how people get on here to post nothing but garbage about teams that have done well. I'm impressed that you possess the ability to know what the "Whole CV community" thinks regarding this team. You sound like a very frustrated person who has nothing better to do with their time than to root against a team of high school baseball players. When the dust settles, win or lose, the CV players will still be great kids, and you will still be a pathetic complainer.

Guest One Word

Clearly, you need some major assistance on this one, so let me help you out. Mike Allen=THE coach. Plenty of backbone as far as I can see. Very demanding and requires nothing less than the best from each and every player, sophomore, junior, senior, whatever. In no way is "Woods" running this program. Tony Woods=scorekeeper. Yes, Tony is in the dugout. He knows the players, including "every junior", and he absolutely wants to see the TEAM do well. Remember, these juniors won the JV stac championship last year, and while many will be quick to point out "it's JV's, so what?", I think their success on the field the past few years speaks volumes. If Tony is "padding" the stats as you say, that's on him. Stats in a book don't win games. Players do. Win or lose, this team if full of outstanding athletes, and more importantly, young men. You obviously don't know any of them, and that's too bad for you. These seniors, juniors, and sophomore are some of the nicest kids in the area, and they've ALL played a role in the success of this team. Lastly, who the hell is Keller???? There is no Keller at CV, making it rather impossible for "him" to be pushing the juniors. This is at least the second post with that name, and the only Kellar (note the -ar at the end) I've heard of on this forum is the Kellar that plays for Binghamton, different district, and a real person. Sorry to disappoint. It's amusing how people get on here to post nothing but garbage about teams that have done well. I'm impressed that you possess the ability to know what the "Whole CV community" thinks regarding this team. You sound like a very frustrated person who has nothing better to do with their time than to root against a team of high school baseball players. When the dust settles, win or lose, the CV players will still be great kids, and you will still be a pathetic complainer.

Great Kids, Maybe the Lewis boy but give me a break the Mack kids are the poorest sports in STAC. Thanks for the post Tony

Guest guest

Great Kids, Maybe the Lewis boy but give me a break the Mack kids are the poorest sports in STAC. Thanks for the post Tony

Not Tony, but nice try.

Guest guest

how can you say that about the macks. if you know them you would be able to see they are two of the nicest and respectful kids you will ever meet

When will you learn not to let your fingers do the talking on here? All you will end up doing is getting a bunch of people trashing other people who probably don't know them anyway.

Guess what - there are 5 or 6 pretty good teams this year. Who? Look at the standings and pick them out.

Guest guest

When will you learn not to let your fingers do the talking on here? All you will end up doing is getting a bunch of people trashing other people who probably don't know them anyway.

Guess what - there are 5 or 6 pretty good teams this year. Who? Look at the standings and pick them out.

Well said. You usually don't see people singing the praises of others on this site. Plenty of mud slinging about topics and people they know next to nothing about. Absolutely agree that there are plenty of good teams in the area this season.

Guest Guest

Tony Wood is no Gilly Wood and should stop trying to be like him.

Guest guest

Henry Pellicciotti, since being moved to starting shortstop as a sophomore six games ago, has not committed one error there. Might I add, he has had about a total of 25 balls hit to him.

Guest Guest

Pat Eaton from CV is the best fielder in Section 4 hands down

except he has made more errors this year than he did all of last year

Guest guest

except he has made more errors this year than he did all of last year

Totally unnecessary to bash Pat. Very good player and nice guy.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough:

Guest Guest

Apparently I wasn't clear enough:

Does anybody know who won the Oneonta Windsor game today?

Guest Big Dog

Tony,

Thanks for your in depth essay. You have been spouting off to the "whole" community how great these juniors are. I am not saying any negative about the players for they are a great bunch of kids and players. But you are so far up the coache's V#$##$FS&, that you and the other player's dad have manipulated this team. Keep up the great "little league" scorebook to impress all with their .700 batting averages for all the juniors.

Guest Guest

Tony,

Thanks for your in depth essay. You have been spouting off to the "whole" community how great these juniors are. I am not saying any negative about the players for they are a great bunch of kids and players. But you are so far up the coache's V#$##$FS&, that you and the other player's dad have manipulated this team. Keep up the great "little league" scorebook to impress all with their .700 batting averages for all the juniors.

Nice post Kevin Martin..... Your article in the paper was very moving.... Your just upset that your kid does not play

Guest guest

Tony,

I believe this website should help your inaccuracies regarding batting averages:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/UMLLHJodHEaVSR4vklo8dQ/chenango-valley-warriors/baseball/stats.htm

Check it out. These are stats sent in by the coach from the book, and unless I'm reading it incorrectly, I don't see juniors with .700 batting averages. How can there be so many complaints about players and a team with a winning record? Perhaps the venting on this site stems from frustration over playing time? Or perhaps the lack thereof? It seems as though the kids taking the field are getting results. You claim that you aren't "saying anything negative about the players for they are a great bunch of kids and players", but yet your posts continue to drag the players through the mud and slam their successes. If you've got an issue with Tony, maybe you should talk to him yourself. Would love to know who this other player's dad is who has supposedly "manipulated" this team into winning. For all the games I've seen, only high school boys have been on the field making things happen. Apparently coach Allen is doing all the right things, much to your dismay.

Guest Guest

I believe this website should help your inaccuracies regarding batting averages:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/UMLLHJodHEaVSR4vklo8dQ/chenango-valley-warriors/baseball/stats.htm

Check it out. These are stats sent in by the coach from the book, and unless I'm reading it incorrectly, I don't see juniors with .700 batting averages. How can there be so many complaints about players and a team with a winning record? Perhaps the venting on this site stems from frustration over playing time? Or perhaps the lack thereof? It seems as though the kids taking the field are getting results. You claim that you aren't "saying anything negative about the players for they are a great bunch of kids and players", but yet your posts continue to drag the players through the mud and slam their successes. If you've got an issue with Tony, maybe you should talk to him yourself. Would love to know who this other player's dad is who has supposedly "manipulated" this team into winning. For all the games I've seen, only high school boys have been on the field making things happen. Apparently coach Allen is doing all the right things, much to your dismay.

Good thing they have some pitching, aint much hitting there.....weak competition as well.

Guest Guest

Tony Wood is no Gilly Wood and should stop trying to be like him.

Enough shit about Wood, Allen or Heller, the kids are the ones that matter they get the W`s and the hits and the pitching, who cares if the stats are changed a little, you cant change a win or loss. Its weird to see all this about Cv usually they stay away from this kind of junk

Guest guest

Enough shit about Wood, Allen or Heller, the kids are the ones that matter they get the W`s and the hits and the pitching, who cares if the stats are changed a little, you cant change a win or loss. Its weird to see all this about Cv usually they stay away from this kind of junk

My guess is that it's only one or two disgruntled parents making all the noise.

Guest guest

It's quite a shame to see a winning team going through this crap just like our crappy team is going through....

...except here we play all the seniors and then sprinkle in a few underclassmen....even when the seniors are not the better players....

I guess my son will have to wait his turn to play next year.

Guest guest

usually is....parents living through their kids will ruin high school sports!! My guess is the parents in question were in the band or chorus and couldn't make the team when they were kids. Now, they have no alternative but to bitch and gripe when the more talented kid plays in front of their children. At the varsity level, the most talented kids play regardless of age. Parents don't like to hear that. Especially parents who believe it is their child's turn to play. Let the kids play and have fun.

Maybe we can use our facility here at UE to have a big play-day for all the unhappy parents to bring their kids....and they can play. My guess is this type of parent would complain here as well.

Archived