new restuarant

mulligan

Guest Guest

We went to Burger Monday on Saturday. Honestly, it was disappointing. The burger was at best mediocre. The service was fine, and the owner was very friendly. My wife doesn't allow me to have burgers often, but I have had far better ones at The Beef, the bar at #5 and the bar at Lampy's, and although I hate chains, Outbacks. It will make a fine alternative hangout for the State Street crowd, it will not be competition for Lost Dog. Once the novelty of a "new" establishment wears off (ala Sonic Burger) they will be in trouble. I wish them luck, in order to bring in the adult crowd as repeat customers they will have to improve the menu and the product.

I agree. Burgers were big but dull, greasy, and messy. Ice Cream sandwich couldn't cut with a knife! Yes, improve the menu and make it a bit easier to read. Good luck.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sauce

Nice article in the paper today about a few downtown places. I think it is a great thing. Once the student housing opens hopefully we see a lot more opening up downtown!

The owner of Mondays said thet served 850 meals in 3 days, that is what the expected to serve the first month. So there may be kinks because they are much busier than they anticipated, which isn't a bad thing! The prices sound very resonable, anyone who thinks they are not is a cheapskate. And stop comparing the prices to a #2 at McDonalds, that is not even real food.

Try Amici. Great pizza. Great stocked bar, and the sauce is very good!

Guest guest Mr Ron

Used to be the old strip joint Mr. Rons?? I remember it well

Guest Guest

HOT DOGS???

MAYBE A KIDS MENU... IF YOU WANT THE YOUNGER KIDS IN MAYBE A SMALLER BURGER AND CHILDRENS $$ MENU WOULD BE NICE. FANCY PIZZA WOULD BE A HIT TOO!

Guest Neighbor

Used to be the old strip joint Mr. Rons?? I remember it well

Not any more. Very classy place now. Stop by and see for yourself.

Guest Guest

No. ^^^

An Italian beef is a sandwich of thin slices of seasoned roast beef, dripping with meat juices, on a dense, long Italian-style roll, believed to have originated in Chicago, where its history dates back at least to the 1930s.[1] The bread itself is often dipped (or double-dipped) into the juices the meat is cooked in, and the sandwich is typically topped off with Chicago-style giardiniera (called "hot") or sauteed, green Italian sweet peppers (called "sweet").

Italian beef sandwiches can be found at most hot dog stands and small Italian-American restaurants throughout the city of Chicago and its suburbs. They are difficult to find outside the Chicago metropolitan area. However, Chicago expatriates have opened restaurants across the country serving Italian beef, Chicago-style hot dogs, and other foods original to the Chicago area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_beef

UMMM Sarcasm. I know what Italian beef is. I watch food network.

Guest Guest

UMMM Sarcasm. I know what Italian beef is. I watch food network.

UMMM, not recognizable sarcasm. Mostly sounded just stupid. Suggest you work on that.

Guest Guest

The Oasis has the best pizza in the county. The original Hot Pie.

Guest Guest

UMMM, not recognizable sarcasm. Mostly sounded just stupid. Suggest you work on that.

Yeah you are correct. I never figured in the retard factor when judging the content of the post I was replying to. I'll do better next time Nerwin.

Guest Guest

I'm nervous to check this out. I seem to be hearing mixed reviews. Everyone I've talked to who has been there was not impressed. The only good reviews I've heard were on here.

Guest Guest

Not any more. Very classy place now. Stop by and see for yourself.

Is it as good as Al-Jo's was a long time ago in the same place? Best pizza (or hotpie... as they called it back then) ever!!!!

Guest Guest
I'm nervous to check this out. I seem to be hearing mixed reviews. Everyone I've talked to who has been there was not impressed. The only good reviews I've heard were on here.

Bottom line, the place is alright. The menu needs a little improvement, but there's nothing wrong with it, and it's a nice environment in there.

Guest Guest

Bottom line, the place is alright. The menu needs a little improvement, but there's nothing wrong with it, and it's a nice environment in there.

Did you see where 850 burger lovers went through there in 3 days?? Thats alot of burger lovers getting burgers!!

Guest Guest

Did you see where 850 burger lovers went through there in 3 days?? Thats alot of burger lovers getting burgers!!

It was First Friday, and Parade Saturday, not sure those numbers are unreasonable.

Guest years ago

Is it as good as Al-Jo's was a long time ago in the same place? Best pizza (or hotpie... as they called it back then) ever!!!!

Years ago Cortese said 'hot pie'. They had the best thick pizza and chunky sauce. Now their pizza is thin and terrible. Sauce is awful. Inconsistant too. Even the box says pizza no longer hot pie.

Guest Guest

I agree. Burgers were big but dull, greasy, and messy. Ice Cream sandwich couldn't cut with a knife! Yes, improve the menu and make it a bit easier to read. Good luck.

Nice atmosphere but doesn't compare to the menu or desserts at Lost Dog by a long shot. Total opposite in healthy foods too. Sorry.

Guest Guest

CHRIS' RESTAURANT WILL STILL KNOCK THEM OUT. PARKING IS THE PROBLEM AND THEIR OTHER COMPETITOR THE MAD MOOSE

Parking is a key to any business. Don't learn the hard way.

Guest Guest

CHRIS' RESTAURANT WILL STILL KNOCK THEM OUT. PARKING IS THE PROBLEM AND THEIR OTHER COMPETITOR THE MAD MOOSE

Some people prefer something other than a Diner.

Guest Kelly's in Endicott

So how is Burger Monday going? Going on Friday with the gang from work.

What have you had that was good?

Kelly's has a new ownership group. Has anybody been there yet? Is the food the same or is their a different menu?

Archived