new restuarant

mulligan

Guest Guest

Interestingly, the steak was neither plastic nor wooden; it was a beef steak. That is, a steak composed of the meat of a bovine. Are you trying to be humorous? Because I see what you did there. And it's hilarious. Bravo.

Not what I did. What you did. Twice. :rolleyes:

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Not what I did. What you did. Twice. :rolleyes:

Once, I do believe. But I think everyone sort of knew what I meant. Give me a break: it was the first spelling error in history of man!

Guest Guest

Once, I do believe. But I think everyone sort of knew what I meant. Give me a break: it was the first spelling error in history of man!

Incidentally, steak tartare, in the classic form, is raw ground beef with a raw egg on top. If you can point me to a restaurant in this area that serves is willing to serve that without making the patron sign a waiver, I would be very surprised.

Steak (or stake as you will) ;) possesses a very low possibility of foodborne illness and any restaurant will serve it any way you want. Generally, if the outside is seared the possibility of contracting a foorborne illness is quite slim.

Guest Guest

Incidentally, steak tartare, in the classic form, is raw ground beef with a raw egg on top. If you can point me to a restaurant in this area that serves is willing to serve that without making the patron sign a waiver, I would be very surprised.

Steak (or stake as you will) ;) possesses a very low possibility of foodborne illness and any restaurant will serve it any way you want. Generally, if the outside is seared the possibility of contracting a foorborne illness is quite slim.

Sure. But signing a waiver doesn't mean it's illegal. It's just the restaurant covering their ass from a lawsuit--a lawsuit that wouldn't likely be successful, anyway.

Guest Guest

Sure. But signing a waiver doesn't mean it's illegal. It's just the restaurant covering their ass from a lawsuit--a lawsuit that wouldn't likely be successful, anyway.

I never said it was illegal - I just asked if you can point me to a restaurant in this area that serves is willing to serve it.

Guest Guest

I never said it was illegal - I just asked if you can point me to a restaurant in this area that serves is willing to serve it.

Well, someone said it was illegal. I don't remember the last time I had it in Bing. But I did have it in Cambridge Kitchen in Cambridge MA not too long ago. No waiver required. But that's not NY. Best bet is probably No. 5 in Bing. I'm sure you could find dozens upon dozens of places in NYC that will serve it.

Guest Guest

Well, someone said it was illegal. I don't remember the last time I had it in Bing. But I did have it in Cambridge Kitchen in Cambridge MA not too long ago. No waiver required. But that's not NY. Best bet is probably No. 5 in Bing. I'm sure you could find dozens upon dozens of places in NYC that will serve it.

Not No. 5 http://www.number5restaurant.com/number5_menu_new.pdf .

You need to grind your own beef in super clean equipment, and know where your eggs are coming from to have the balls to sell that. Not many people order it (for obvious reasons) so not many sell it.

Guest Guest

Not No. 5 http://www.number5restaurant.com/number5_menu_new.pdf .

You need to grind your own beef in super clean equipment, and know where your eggs are coming from to have the balls to sell that. Not many people order it (for obvious reasons) so not many sell it.

Oh yeah, it's a rather uncommon thing to find served anywhere. No argument there. But places DO do it.

Guest Guest

Oh yeah, it's a rather uncommon thing to find served anywhere. No argument there. But places DO do it.

Hey - I'm not arguing with you. I have nothing at steak :o in this argument. Just observations from a retired Chef. Have a good night!

Guest Guest

I would not eat a bag of potato chips out of Number 5s kitchen. Stand by the door and look in, You will never eat there again.

Guest St Patrick's Day

Do they make Green Shamrock Milk Shakes? I'm sure they offer a pot of 'white' gold. With green alligators and long neck geese. Just sayin' ...

Guest Guest

I would not eat a bag of potato chips out of Number 5s kitchen. Stand by the door and look in, You will never eat there again.

Hmmm... Isn't the two chefs from #5 opening the two new restaurants in town? Makes you wonder why they got sick at Burger Monday then?

Guest Guest

Having food poisoning does make you wish you were dead.

You puke like every 30-40 minutes, and FEEL like you're going to puke the entire time in between.

Guest Hamburger

You puke like every 30-40 minutes, and FEEL like you're going to puke the entire time in between.

Guest Guest

Hmmm... Isn't the two chefs from #5 opening the two new restaurants in town? Makes you wonder why they got sick at Burger Monday then?

Funny was talking about condition of the kitchen. I was told they are self proclaimed chefs no apprenticeship or schooling.

Guest TV Channels

Funny was talking about condition of the kitchen. I was told they are self proclaimed chefs no apprenticeship or schooling.

Well, I dunno bout that. You can learn so much from the tv channels now. lmao

Guest Guest

Kitchen conditions are a personal thing. What does that tell you?

Big difference between just going to school and not having any apprenticeship.

Anyone can be a cook and learn along the way. Just a glorified short order cook.

Guest Guest

You puke like every 30-40 minutes, and FEEL like you're going to puke the entire time in between. YUCK!

Guest Guest

NSS :rolleyes:

The little "rolleyes" thing you have going on is so annoying. Its annoying to the point where your posts lose all credibility because you act like a 5 year old.

From what I've been told, you'd KNOW if you had food poisoning. Most people I've heard from that really had it wished they were dead. And what you'd get from rare ground beef would be in that category. That earlier post was a load of hogwash, and judging from some of the other bashing posts on this thread, someone clearly has an agenda.

Absolutely. Something like E. coli isn't just a tummy ache. It can be very agonizing and potentially deadly.

Archived