new restuarant

mulligan

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Amici.

Went there last night with the family. We got a few appetizers, a number of different dishes ranging from gnocchi, sandwiches and pizza as well as dessert. Honestly, we enjoyed it immensely. Our waitress, Sarah, was on the ball and very nice. The food was very good and this comes from some old school Italians that came over on the boat. We would definitely recommend it to anyone.

One criticism though, they really need a sign outside that says Amici. All they have are neon beer signs in the windows.

Guest guest critic

Went there last night with the family. We got a few appetizers, a number of different dishes ranging from gnocchi, sandwiches and pizza as well as dessert. Honestly, we enjoyed it immensely. Our waitress, Sarah, was on the ball and very nice. The food was very good and this comes from some old school Italians that came over on the boat. We would definitely recommend it to anyone.

One criticism though, they really need a sign outside that says Amici. All they have are neon beer signs in the windows.

Seems though we are discussing two different establishments. I'm not sure which comment goes with which anymore Amici or Burger Monday??

Guest Guest

Ask around in the schools, it's true.

Huh? So some students are in the know? I wouldn't believe them as far as I could throw them. Nor would I believe some nasty gossip about "supposedly" undercooked meat.

If anything, someone probably had the flu coming on anyway, and think they were poisoned.

What a load of BS.

Huh? So some students are in the know? I wouldn't believe them as far as I could throw them. Nor would I believe some nasty gossip about "supposedly" undercooked meat.

If anything, someone probably had the flu coming on anyway, and think they were poisoned.

What a load of BS.

Food poisoning is always a curious case. Generally it goes like this. If you get sick (vomiting diarrhea etc) you automatically believe it is from the last thing you ate. Unfortunately nearly all food born bacteria that make you sick have incubation periods ranging in days before any symptoms develop. So if you actually get food poisoning, it would be caused by what you ate days before. Of course stomach viruses, like Noroviris the cruise ship virus, can be spread by food, or by person to person contact.

Guest Guest

Burger Mondays had a great fried fish special last Friday...they also have a portabello mushroom burger. Ive had it...its really good. They also have a tuna burger, I have not tried yet.

Answering to the post about people getting sick. That is a lie. Its one thing to post an opinion, another to post something you dont have any facts on. If you dont like it, dont go back. Not necessary to bash it. Alot of people like it.

I'm dying to try that Ahi Burger with Wasabi Aioli!!! :)

Guest Guest

Food poisoning is always a curious case. Generally it goes like this. If you get sick (vomiting diarrhea etc) you automatically believe it is from the last thing you ate. Unfortunately nearly all food born bacteria that make you sick have incubation periods ranging in days before any symptoms develop. So if you actually get food poisoning, it would be caused by what you ate days before. Of course stomach viruses, like Noroviris the cruise ship virus, can be spread by food, or by person to person contact.

From what I've been told, you'd KNOW if you had food poisoning. Most people I've heard from that really had it wished they were dead. And what you'd get from rare ground beef would be in that category. That earlier post was a load of hogwash, and judging from some of the other bashing posts on this thread, someone clearly has an agenda.

Guest Guest

From what I've been told, you'd KNOW if you had food poisoning. Most people I've heard from that really had it wished they were dead. And what you'd get from rare ground beef would be in that category. That earlier post was a load of hogwash, and judging from some of the other bashing posts on this thread, someone clearly has an agenda.

Having food poisoning does make you wish you were dead. You puke like every 30-40 minutes, and FEEL like you're going to puke the entire time in between.

Never got it from rare beef that I'm aware of, and I eat that a lot. Cheap seafood on the other hand....

Guest Guest

Having food poisoning does make you wish you were dead. You puke like every 30-40 minutes, and FEEL like you're going to puke the entire time in between.

Never got it from rare beef that I'm aware of, and I eat that a lot. Cheap seafood on the other hand....

How about from greasy or contanmitated beef? But we all know we should never eat under cooked beef.

Guest Guest

How about from greasy or contanmitated beef? But we all know we should never eat under cooked beef.

I've never had food poisoning from any kind of beef that I'm aware of.

As far as under cooked beef, that's a myth. As long as it's a quality cut and it's handled properly, you'll be okay. The difference in food safety is so negligible that it's not worth worrying about. I've had steaks cooked for less than a minute on each side.

Oh, ever had beef tartar?

Guest Guest

I've never had food poisoning from any kind of beef that I'm aware of.

As far as under cooked beef, that's a myth. As long as it's a quality cut and it's handled properly, you'll be okay. The difference in food safety is so negligible that it's not worth worrying about. I've had steaks cooked for less than a minute on each side.

Oh, ever had beef tartar?

Yes, true.

Guest Oh Yeah Amici

Seems though we are discussing two different establishments. I'm not sure which comment goes with which anymore Amici or Burger Monday??

Amici is one fine establishment. This will be around for a long time. Good comments are for Amici.

Guest Guest

I thought the reasoning behind overcooking (IMO) burgers was to kill any possible e-coli.

If there were an actual e-coli issue, these supposed "people who got sick" would've been in the ER --- WISHING THEY WERE DEAD.

I make my burgers med-rare, and my filets rare. Never had a problem.

Guest Guest

I thought the reasoning behind overcooking (IMO) burgers was to kill any possible e-coli.

If there were an actual e-coli issue, these supposed "people who got sick" would've been in the ER --- WISHING THEY WERE DEAD.

Yeah, I mean... it used to be a problem. Not so much anymore with modern food safety precautions, the USDA and FDA. I wouldn't eat rare beef in Mexico, on the other hand.

Guest Guest

It's a State Law you have to cook it a certain temp. NOT rare either due to possible e-coli, etc.

Guest Guest

It's a State Law you have to cook it a certain temp. NOT rare either due to possible e-coli, etc.

I beg to differ about the state law aspect. I've been to plenty of (mostly mid-to-higher-end) restaurants that would cook stake however I wanted it. I've been to restaurants that served beef tartar--which is completely raw. I've heard this state law thing before, but no one has ever been able to show me this supposed law, and further no decent restaurant really complies with it anyway.

Guest Guest

I beg to differ about the state law aspect. I've been to plenty of (mostly mid-to-higher-end) restaurants that would cook stake however I wanted it. I've been to restaurants that served beef tartar--which is completely raw. I've heard this state law thing before, but no one has ever been able to show me this supposed law, and further no decent restaurant really complies with it anyway.

Was it a wooden stake or a plastic stake that you ordered?

Guest Guest

That doesn't make any sense. If you're trying to back up your previous post, just give me a link to the law. Otherwise, I'll just assume you don't get out much and believe everything "this guy who knows this other guy who knows this lawyer" tells you.

Guest Guest

That doesn't make any sense. If you're trying to back up your previous post, just give me a link to the law. Otherwise, I'll just assume you don't get out much and believe everything "this guy who knows this other guy who knows this lawyer" tells you.

LOL owned.

Guest Guest

That wasn't my post. I'm just wondering when you have been to plenty of (mostly mid-to-higher-end) restaurants was it a wooden stake or a plastic stake that you ordered?

Guest Guest

That wasn't my post. I'm just wondering when you have been to plenty of (mostly mid-to-higher-end) restaurants was it a wooden stake or a plastic stake that you ordered?

Interestingly, the steak was neither plastic nor wooden; it was a beef steak. That is, a steak composed of the meat of a bovine. Are you trying to be humorous? Because I see what you did there. And it's hilarious. Bravo.

Archived