new restuarant

mulligan

No kidding. This area does Italian pretty well and I love it, but, uh, some of us like to eat other things from time to time, too, without having to eat bar food or at some hokey "family restaurant" franchise in Vestal.

Tell me this is a joke. See the above, re: hokey "family restaurants". One is plenty, if not too many.

I hear ya.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

BELIEVE IT, SOME GOT SICK AFTER EATING AT BURGER MONDAY. ASK AROUND.

Post a link or cite a source, otherwise this is just a rumor. I shouldn't have to ask around to prove something you fabricated. Posting it a hundred times doesn't make it true either.

Guest Guest

Just to be closer to Town Square Mall?

The Olive Garden is pretty old. It's probably cheaper to build a new one than renovate the existing one.

Guest Guest

Seems like a few people are thinking all beef safety is the same... Steak and hamburger are treated differently for a reason. Beef is contaminated when the animal is cut up, as workers move quickly and can easily nick an intestine, spreading the, uh, "contents" onto the meat. With a steak, any contamination will be on the outside of the solid piece of meat, so even light cooking will kill anything and the rarer inside is generally safe. Hamburger is different because you've ground it up and spread any contamination throughout the entire piece: it's not considered safe unless you cook it enough to kill whatever is inside, which means medium or higher. That's one reason a lot of places refuse to serve burgers rare or medium rare, as they can't necessarily control their supplier but will get all the blame anyway. Doesn't matter how clean the kitchen is: the beef shows up pre-contaminated.

Another reason is that, yes, many states and cities do ban serving ground beef rare or medium rare. New York, apparently does not:

http://w3.health.state.ny.us/dbspace/NYCRR10.nsf/56cf2e25d626f9f785256538006c3ed7/8525652c00680c3e852565300065c45b?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,ground

"(e) every part of ground meat or food containing ground meat are to be heated to at least 158 degrees Fahrenheit (69.4 degrees Celcius), unless a consumer requests preparation of a single order of ground meat or food containing ground meat which must be prepared at a temperature less than 158 degrees Fahrenheit in order to comply with the request."

In other words, all hamburger must be cooked to medium or higher... UNLESS you, the customer, agree that you want a meal prepared at a lower temperature. If a customer simply ordered "a burger" and got one cooked below medium, it would be a violation.

I don't eat burgers rare or medium rare, myself. The risk is very small, but being hospitalized with a week's worth of explosive, bloody diarrhea is not anywhere on my bucket list.

Guest Guest

BELIEVE IT, SOME GOT SICK AFTER EATING AT BURGER MONDAY. ASK AROUND!

Around where?

I bet you're just some scared competitor, since you keep repeating this line verbatim. Get a life.

Guest Guest

Didn't happen.

Anyway, what this town needs is a Carl's Jr/Hardee's.

*sigh* Things I miss about the old country.

Guest Guest

Didn't happen.

Anyway, what this town needs is a Carl's Jr/Hardee's.

*sigh* Things I miss about the old country.

There is not one COW in this area tha would allow her busband tio buy a burger at this place.

Guest Guest

Why would we need more gross fast food places? We had several Hardee's in the area, and they all went under.

Gosh, we sure don't. But unfortunately that's the price point that this community only seems to be able to support.

Guest Guest

Gosh, we sure don't. But unfortunately that's the price point that this community only seems to be able to support.

Obviously, it doesn't, or they wouldn't have gone under.

Guest Guest
Why would we need more gross fast food places? We had several Hardee's in the area, and they all went under.

Old Hardee's was not that great. They were eventually bought out by the California/southwestern Carl's Jr. and the menu was completely revamped. As far as fast food goes, it's readily superior to our all-too-plentiful supply of McDonalds', Burger Kings, Wendy's, etc. It's the only fast food that I've ever found worthwhile, though the footlong cheeseburgers might be pushing it more than a little bit.

http://www.slashfood.com/2007/08/27/hardees-voted-best-fast-food-for-2007/

...and while we're at it:

Guest Guest

Obviously, it doesn't, or they wouldn't have gone under.

Sigh.. It doesn't mean they all will survive, but given their price point they are more likely. Around here, if a meal costs more than $5 or $6 and is not an 'all you can jam buffet', you're going to have to work real hard building your business. It's really a shame, but the reality.

Guest Guest

BELIEVE IT, SOME GOT SICK AFTER EATING AT BURGER MONDAY. OWNERS DO KNOW!

Just. Stop. Please.

Or, stop hiding behind your computer and leave your name and number. I'm sure someone will be happy to speak with you if what you say is true.

Guest Guest

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the first person to get fired from Burger Monday's. I guest they couldn't make that big leap up from McD's.

Guest Guest

Sigh.. It doesn't mean they all will survive, but given their price point they are more likely. Around here, if a meal costs more than $5 or $6 and is not an 'all you can jam buffet', you're going to have to work real hard building your business. It's really a shame, but the reality.

Maybe in the part of town you live in. Go by any medium to high end restaurant around here and try and find an empty parking lot.

Archived