new restuarant

mulligan

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

The little "rolleyes" thing you have going on is so annoying. Its annoying to the point where your posts lose all credibility because you act like a 5 year old.

I'd like to pat myself on the back for annoying you so badly. And quit deleting my replies!

Guest ricflairwooooo

Past Burger Monday this AM one of the windows was all boarded up. A taxi driver at Chris's said the cops and the emergency squad was there last night?

Yeah some drunk kid "fell" through the window last night but I have a feeling he was pushed through it.

Guest Guest

The little "rolleyes" thing you have going on is so annoying. Its annoying to the point where your posts lose all credibility because you act like a 5 year old.

Perhaps you should just stop posting things that make people roll their eyes.

Guest Guest

I tried Burger Mondays today and I had the buffalo ground chicken sandwich, it was excellent! Nice atmosphere, good service and the owner came over and made sure our meals were ok. Will definitely visit again!

I had the Inferno burger. I was up for something hot, but really didn't wnat a challenge to choke down something screaming hot. Was very good. Waitress said the Buffalo one was hotter. Tolerable?

Guest Julia Allison

Always thought a Cheesecake Factory would be great at the old Ken Wilson site....Dr Kashou was looking into opening one around here...so bummed to hear an Olive Garden and a steak chain restaurant are going in at the KW corner.

Guest New Guest

Always thought a Cheesecake Factory would be great at the old Ken Wilson site....Dr Kashou was looking into opening one around here...so bummed to hear an Olive Garden and a steak chain restaurant are going in at the KW corner.

Help new, were is the Ken Wilson site?

Guest Guest

What steak chain?

A second Olive Garden seems odd given the number of Italian places around here. But, hey, it's not my money....

Guest Guest

What steak chain?

A second Olive Garden seems odd given the number of Italian places around here. But, hey, it's not my money....

Ken Wilson was were?

What steak chain?

GOOD NEWS ABOUT OLIVE GARDEN. WHAT STEAK CHAIN?

Guest Guest
I beg to differ about the state law aspect. I've been to plenty of (mostly mid-to-higher-end) restaurants that would cook stake however I wanted it.

Seems like a few people are thinking all beef safety is the same... Steak and hamburger are treated differently for a reason. Beef is contaminated when the animal is cut up, as workers move quickly and can easily nick an intestine, spreading the, uh, "contents" onto the meat. With a steak, any contamination will be on the outside of the solid piece of meat, so even light cooking will kill anything and the rarer inside is generally safe. Hamburger is different because you've ground it up and spread any contamination throughout the entire piece: it's not considered safe unless you cook it enough to kill whatever is inside, which means medium or higher. That's one reason a lot of places refuse to serve burgers rare or medium rare, as they can't necessarily control their supplier but will get all the blame anyway. Doesn't matter how clean the kitchen is: the beef shows up pre-contaminated.

Another reason is that, yes, many states and cities do ban serving ground beef rare or medium rare. New York, apparently does not:

http://w3.health.state.ny.us/dbspace/NYCRR10.nsf/56cf2e25d626f9f785256538006c3ed7/8525652c00680c3e852565300065c45b?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,ground

"(e) every part of ground meat or food containing ground meat are to be heated to at least 158 degrees Fahrenheit (69.4 degrees Celcius), unless a consumer requests preparation of a single order of ground meat or food containing ground meat which must be prepared at a temperature less than 158 degrees Fahrenheit in order to comply with the request."

In other words, all hamburger must be cooked to medium or higher... UNLESS you, the customer, agree that you want a meal prepared at a lower temperature. If a customer simply ordered "a burger" and got one cooked below medium, it would be a violation.

I don't eat burgers rare or medium rare, myself. The risk is very small, but being hospitalized with a week's worth of explosive, bloody diarrhea is not anywhere on my bucket list.

Guest Guest
Good to see another choice that isn't another spin on Italian food.

No kidding. This area does Italian pretty well and I love it, but, uh, some of us like to eat other things from time to time, too, without having to eat bar food or at some hokey "family restaurant" franchise in Vestal.

Another Olive Garden on the Parkway?

Tell me this is a joke. See the above, re: hokey "family restaurants". One is plenty, if not too many.

Guest Guest

No kidding. This area does Italian pretty well and I love it, but, uh, some of us like to eat other things from time to time, too, without having to eat bar food or at some hokey "family restaurant" franchise in Vestal.

Tell me this is a joke. See the above, re: hokey "family restaurants". One is plenty, if not too many.

As with everything - To Each His Own -

Archived