2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

Sv has to beat JC adn hope that Owego beats JC as well. If not they will be tied and will have to play a tie breaker

Why SV would be 2-0 vs JC so it should be done, if they make a team play a tiebreaker vs some they beat twice its stupid. Head to head was already decided twice. Only resaon for a tiebreaker is if they split games during the year

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why SV would be 2-0 vs JC so it should be done, if they make a team play a tiebreaker vs some they beat twice its stupid. Head to head was already decided twice. Only resaon for a tiebreaker is if they split games during the year

Yes, if SV wins then they win the division (baring they win their next 2 games against Norwich), plus from what I've heard SV is looking at having all their players back this week. Should be a better match up with them playing at full strength. Hate to see them lose a chance at the division because of injury's...

Sv has to beat JC adn hope that Owego beats JC as well. If not they will be tied and will have to play a tie breaker

If SV beats JC they will go 6-0-0 in division and have to play a tie-breaker? that makes no sense at all

Calvey is not near a Div 1 keeper, he doesn't control his box well enough to play at that level. Hayen and Stenta were both far superior goalies than he is at the same point in their careers. As for Rocco being the best player 1v1 in the area, not even close. I'll take the Rood kid from SV over anyone as a top individual player. he may have some immature times and need to work on team play but skill wise he is the top player in the area 1v1.

Vestal is easily the top team in the area this season, M-E was a shell they hadn't played the other top teams except for 1 UE game the whole "unscored" on thing was overblown. However soccer is a funny game and I've seen better teams lose many times. Just look at the strong Oneonta team losing to Trumansburg last season in sectionals. I would say best bet to beat them is UE followed by Ithaca just based on the rivalry game thing those teams have going.

Calvey is better then Hayen Stenta i will give you that. Calvey can make saves that are insane and reads the ball so well, he hasnt been tested really much this year but he has played up before and performs very well, he can play div 1 and dont just thing B.U. there are other Div 1 schools that he can play for with ease.. and Rocco is one of the BETTER players...never said best but he is easily one of the top players in the area at this time, he is technically ahead of more than half of STAC and knows the game very well. He moves well off the ball and creates chances for others on the team. And personally i dont think vestal will lose at all in STAC but when they get to the state tournament it will be a different story, the other AA schools are very good.

Predictions anyone??

Union-Endicott @ Horseheads UE by 2 Corning @ Maine-Endwell ME by 1 Vestal @ Ithaca vestal by 3 Elmira @ Binghamton Elmira by 1 Susquehanna Valley @ Johnson City SV by 1 wins division Seton Catholic @ Chenango Forks Seton by 2

don't be surprised if Horseheads and UE is closer, I'd guess tie or UE by one. Don't be surprised if Corning gives ME a run for their money. Elmira and Bing will be 1 goal either way. Vestal will be by 3, I agree. I'd guess SV by 2, and Seton by 2 also agree.

don't be surprised if Horseheads and UE is closer, I'd guess tie or UE by one. Don't be surprised if Corning gives ME a run for their money. Elmira and Bing will be 1 goal either way. Vestal will be by 3, I agree. I'd guess SV by 2, and Seton by 2 also agree.

Agree mostly, but I don't think UE over Horseheads is a given. It's at least as likely that it will be Horseheads by 1 or 2. Vestal should win over Ithaca, but by 3 is probably optimistic for Vestal.

Guest soccerfan2

Calvey is better then Hayen Stenta i will give you that. Calvey can make saves that are insane and reads the ball so well, he hasnt been tested really much this year but he has played up before and performs very well, he can play div 1 and dont just thing B.U. there are other Div 1 schools that he can play for with ease.. and Rocco is one of the BETTER players...never said best but he is easily one of the top players in the area at this time, he is technically ahead of more than half of STAC and knows the game very well. He moves well off the ball and creates chances for others on the team. And personally i dont think vestal will lose at all in STAC but when they get to the state tournament it will be a different story, the other AA schools are very good.

I would take both Rocco and Calvey over just about anyone and will give you the next 3 picks!

UE over HH 6 - 3. Both teams seemed to have forgotten to bring their defense to the game.

If you watched the game, you'd know that the entire UE bench played tonight and the last two goals were scored on kids who hadn't played all season.

The stac website had horseheads hosting ue. that is why i said closer. ue is always tougher at home. I was at part of that match after watching part of me and corning match. me just better hope for not having a tightly officiated game, because they got away with a lot of extracurricular body parts being thrown.

Elmira has the best coach in Section IV. With the ESS-EFA combination, they will soon be the team to beat in AA, just as EFA had been in A. Be afraid Vestal - be very afraid. Probably won't be this year but in 2-3 years, the transition will occur.

Also - Don't count SV out in the sectionals either. They have the best player in the area in Rood, just need to deploy him more effectively. They man-handled JC and beat Owego twice already, but then they lose to Windsor & Seton. I guess that speaks to the overall weakness of soccer in the area this season as mentioned by others.

Other than Vestal in AA, the other classes are wide open. Agree about the IAC being stronger (at the top) than the STAC B schools.

I normally don't watch the small school games but went to see SV vs JC yesterday since it was the one game that really mattered for playoffs and it was awful. The Rood kid from SV looked terrible, tried the same stupid heel flick five times and it did not work once. Here's a hint try to trap the ball instead of doing a trick, you'd be amazed at the results. Their attack had to deal with JC playing with 5 in the back and 4 mids the whole second half. JC was just as bad, no skill at all in the attack, just kick and hope. The BS write up in the Press, there was no rebounded shot the keeper came out to get a long ball and bobbled it, the striker put it in. There was no shot on net to save, just a bad play by the keeper. Also have never seen less sportsmanship and more fear from a team, ten minutes left and dribbling to corner to kill time? No ball boys and continuous long shanks out of bounds? Way to show you have no faith in your team to actually play soccer. Vestal will beat them by 6-10 goals in STAC playoffs easy.

Elmira has the best coach in Section IV. With the ESS-EFA combination, they will soon be the team to beat in AA, just as EFA had been in A. Be afraid Vestal - be very afraid. Probably won't be this year but in 2-3 years, the transition will occur.

Also - Don't count SV out in the sectionals either. They have the best player in the area in Rood, just need to deploy him more effectively. They man-handled JC and beat Owego twice already, but then they lose to Windsor & Seton. I guess that speaks to the overall weakness of soccer in the area this season as mentioned by others.

Other than Vestal in AA, the other classes are wide open. Agree about the IAC being stronger (at the top) than the STAC B schools.

Speaking of Elmira, whoever posted this seemed to do it at the right time. Elmira is one of the hotter teams in the area right now. They beat Maine-Endwell 2-0 tonight and knocked off Ithaca last week. They seem to be putting it together.

Guest soccerfan2

Emira is horrible beating ME is not a big deal

Yes I don't believe Elmira is strong but they did do well beating Ithaca but that is not a huge deal either.

Speaking of Elmira, whoever posted this seemed to do it at the right time. Elmira is one of the hotter teams in the area right now. They beat Maine-Endwell 2-0 tonight and knocked off Ithaca last week. They seem to be putting it together.

UE has beaten Elmira twice

Ithaca outshot Elmira 22-1...Elmira got lucky on a bad bounce by the Ithaca goal keeper, Demarest, and then they packed all 10 guys in the box. Last night they beat ME, and if I'm not mistaken, ME was missing at least their two top players.

Ithaca outshot Elmira 22-1...Elmira got lucky on a bad bounce by the Ithaca goal keeper, Demarest, and then they packed all 10 guys in the box. Last night they beat ME, and if I'm not mistaken, ME was missing at least their two top players.

It's terrible to take anything away from a team that won those two matches. Shame on some of you people. Ithaca outshot Elmira, yes...and Ithaca was the better team; however, it was not anywhere close to 22-1. The paper said 11 shots to 5 on goal. Not to mention Elmira had a great gameplan and stuck to it, not to mention that Alex V. didn't even play.

The M-E/Elmira game last night was also inaccurate by the poster. Kosecke was out. Ok, so what. I noticed some Elmira player hurt as well. Elmira was the better team last night and looked like the more dangerous team.

The original post wasn't to state that Elmira is strong this season. I don't think they are...however, a knowledgable coaching staff seems to be putting it together after a tough transition in terms of the merger. They will be a force in AA within the next few seasons, much like EFA was in class A.

It's terrible to take anything away from a team that won those two matches. Shame on some of you people. Ithaca outshot Elmira, yes...and Ithaca was the better team; however, it was not anywhere close to 22-1. The paper said 11 shots to 5 on goal. Not to mention Elmira had a great gameplan and stuck to it, not to mention that Alex V. didn't even play.

The M-E/Elmira game last night was also inaccurate by the poster. Kosecke was out. Ok, so what. I noticed some Elmira player hurt as well. Elmira was the better team last night and looked like the more dangerous team.

The original post wasn't to state that Elmira is strong this season. I don't think they are...however, a knowledgable coaching staff seems to be putting it together after a tough transition in terms of the merger. They will be a force in AA within the next few seasons, much like EFA was in class A.

Agreed. It's not like these games are flukes. Elmira/EFA have been knocking off quality teams for the past 5-6 years.

Ithaca Journal states 22-1 shot disadvantage. Elmira/EFA have beaten Vestal when? They have beaten Ithaca how many times? 1 or 2, maybe? Who else is quality? Stop beating your own drum Elmira people, it is not a flattering thing.

And-How's the football team? Oh, right, they are terrible. Unlike Bing, ME, Corning, sometimes Vestal and UE, your football team doesn't draw like the others. Just play/coach/watch, and let your talking happen on the field.

Archived