People hated Matt Ryan's politics, but people hate Rich David personally.

Clyde

This is interesting, and not good for Rich David's future career. It's not just on BCVoice, but Bighamton in general. I've found that when you come across someone who didn't like, or even hated, Matt Ryan as mayor, they hated his politics, not him as a person. I don't think I ever came across a person who attacked him as a person. But if you talk to someone who doesn't like (or hates) Rich David, it's all about him as a person.

I'm not trying to say Matt Ryan is a saint, or has perfect moral character, but his critics were different than Davids. When you run into someone who dislikes David, watch out... because they loathe him as a person.

Ryan had serious personal shortcomings, as do many successful and otherwise likable people. From interacting with him, I got the impression that his politics, while I consider them wildly misguided, were sincere and that he was utterly overwhelmed in his position and had probably made a huge mistake in life by choosing to pursue public office, because it was clearly not for him. He's probably an alright fellow in many respects, in the same way that a lot of people remembered as villains by history probably actually were, too, and I wish him well in all his not-being-mayor-of-Binghamton-anymore endeavors.

David is the kind of steaming pile of lard that you wander past in Chinatown before garbage pickup and wonder how it can possibly smell like that after only a few hours. The rancid waste from a cheap restaurant that skated on a health inspection is the actual substance from which his mind, body, and soul are made. He is not overwhelmed by his position, rather, he is underwhelmed, because, as with many of his prior duties, he does not bother to attempt to perform them.

So yeah, I can see Clyde's point.

David is the kind of steaming pile of lard that you wander past in Chinatown before garbage pickup and wonder how it can possibly smell like that after only a few hours. The rancid waste from a cheap restaurant that skated on a health inspection is the actual substance from which his mind, body, and soul are made.

There you go, mincing words again. I know a therapist who can help you with your sheepish leanings in expressing how you really feel.

David is the kind of steaming pile of lard that you wander past in Chinatown before garbage pickup and wonder how it can possibly smell like that after only a few hours. The rancid waste from a cheap restaurant that skated on a health inspection is the actual substance from which his mind, body, and soul are made. He is not overwhelmed by his position, rather, he is underwhelmed, because, as with many of his prior duties, he does not bother to attempt to perform them.

So yeah, I can see Clyde's point.

This is an awesome post. Hey Rich David - wake-up and start working for the people! and do soemthing about that smell!

Archived