Trump is right, yet again.

19April1775

There is a site now monitoring which topics are being amplified on Twitter by Russian bots. Basically, Russian bots are retweeting troll posts from both sides of the political spectrum. They dont need to create the content, they just retweet it -amplifying the content and exposing it to a wider audience. They pick topics like #nfl and #benghazi and #blm and #takeaknee. Its not about influencing an election per se, its about getting us fighting among ourselves, amplifying the partisan differences that already exist. From this 30,000 foot view it appears that the campaign is working. No need to fight us, they will have us do it for them.

http://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/

How do they know the bots are Russian. The Russkies have no need to exert themselves to divide us when we already have how many TV networks doing back flips in their efforts to divide us. Plus you have the agenda being pushed by FB, Twitter, Google.

Who owns the networks, FB, Twitter, etc? Hint: they're white but they don't identify as such. They prefer to identify by their religion. Soros is one of them. He funds BLM & Antifa. He probably funds the site you linked to.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://securingdemocracy.gmfus.org/about-securing-democracy

Mission Statement

In 2016, American democracy came under unprecedented attack.

The government of the Russian Federation attempted to weaken the pillars of our democracy and undermine faith and confidence in our society’s most fundamental right — the ability to choose our own leaders.

This effort was only the latest of Russia’s repeated and ongoing efforts to undermine democratic institutions and influence free and democratic elections throughout Europe. Its success has led Vladimir Putin to conclude that disruption is effective, and comes with little consequence.

They spew this BS like it's demonstrated fact. If anything, they're talking about the DNC and CNN, rather than the Russians.

Remember - liberals always claim to be in favor of the very ideas they oppose. The also claim to oppose what they are in favor of. The last thing this alliance is in favor of, is democracy.

Where does this group get its money? Answer that question and you'll know where their interests lie.

Agreed, M_Sable. The current view seems to be that there’s no need to develop content to unbalance us. There’s plenty from fringes on both sides. All they have to do is be sure that the masses see it to fan the outrage. It’s actually remarkably similar to the late 60’s early 70’s, but this time the divisions are being fanned by an outside source. Hold on for the ride!

In terms of funding for the site, I agree that the money trail will often inform the politics. Here’s what the website says (seems you missed some of it, P&C)

“The Alliance for Securing Democracy, a bipartisan, transatlantic initiative housed at The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF), will develop comprehensive strategies to defend against, deter, and raise the costs on Russian and other state actors’ efforts to undermine democracy and democratic institutions. The Alliance will work to publicly document and expose Vladimir Putin’s ongoing efforts to subvert democracy in the United States and Europe.

The bipartisan, transatlantic advisory council brings decades of experience in national security, intelligence, cybersecurity, Russia, Europe, and politics to inform the work of the initiative. The Council will provide overall advice, guidance, and direction, and meet to examine the findings of the effort and discuss overarching Russian doctrine and strategy and identify areas for further exploration. The Advisory Council will be supported by a technical advisory committee that will include experts on disinformation, cybersecurity, illicit finance, and other relevant areas.”

Unfortunately, expertise is often devalued by persuasive but incorrect arguments - there are entire industries of this on both sides of the political aisle. Speculation, absent facts, is simply a distraction.

I read that and its pure gibberish.

Funny how different people can read the same thing and come to different conclusions. What I read in the passage was “We are a group of international experts who have spent our lives studying these topics. We believe that democracies can be destroyed by getting people to distrust and devalue each other based on politics, especially race and religion. It’s cheaper and more effective than bombs. Check the credentials of those who would try to devalue our work- if they have even a quarter of our expertise then consider their opinions. Otherwise, follow them at your own risk”

But maybe I’m just reading too much between the lines.

Funny how different people can read the same thing and come to different conclusions. What I read in the passage was We are a group of international experts who have spent our lives studying these topics. We believe that democracies can be destroyed by getting people to distrust and devalue each other based on politics, especially race and religion. Its cheaper and more effective than bombs. Check the credentials of those who would try to devalue our work- if they have even a quarter of our expertise then consider their opinions. Otherwise, follow them at your own risk

But maybe Im just reading too much between the lines.

I say its gibberish because they name no names, no credentials, and cite none of their supposed works.

If they truly were concerned with election integrity theyd be all over the DNC & CNN. There is hard evidence of both entities cheating for Hillary. Instead this group is chasing the Russia fable.

Its smoke and mirrors, propaganda at best.

This is way bigger than slanted coverage of one election. It’s not about Trump. It’s about disrupting a nation’s faith in their institutions, and it’s working.

From the Washington post:

The roster of figures who have signed onto the new project, called the Alliance for Securing Democracy, is a who’s who of former senior national security officials from both parties. The advisory council includes former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff; former acting CIA director Michael Morell; former House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers; Adm. James Stavridis, former NATO supreme Allied commander, Europe; Jake Sullivan, former national security adviser to Joe Biden; and former Estonian president Toomas Hendrik Ilves.

The project will be housed at the German Marshall Fund (GMF) and will be run day to day by a staff led by Laura Rosenberger, a former senior State Department official in the Obama administration, and Jamie Fly, former national security counselor to Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)

This is way bigger than slanted coverage of one election. It’s not about Trump. It’s about disrupting a nation’s faith in their institutions, and it’s working.

From the Washington post:

The roster of figures who have signed onto the new project, called the Alliance for Securing Democracy, is a who’s who of former senior national security officials from both parties. The advisory council includes former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff; former acting CIA director Michael Morell; former House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers; Adm. James Stavridis, former NATO supreme Allied commander, Europe; Jake Sullivan, former national security adviser to Joe Biden; and former Estonian president Toomas Hendrik Ilves.

The project will be housed at the German Marshall Fund (GMF) and will be run day to day by a staff led by Laura Rosenberger, a former senior State Department official in the Obama administration, and Jamie Fly, former national security counselor to Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)

I hate to break it to you but you are acting as a water boy for globalist media propaganda. The America1st crowd has everything under control. The Russians are not going to conquer us anytime soon.

I hate to break it to you but you are acting as a water boy for globalist media propaganda. The America1st crowd has everything under control. The Russians are not going to conquer us anytime soon.

WaPo is owned by Amanons Jeff Bezos. Its a propaganda outlet for the deep state globalists. That article is one propaganda outlet quoting another one and calling it news.

Bezos shares the same faith and ancestry as pointed out in the CNN meme I posted.

Connect the dots. I

Sorry, I hear and understand your concerns about deep states, globalists, and others ancestry. I see it as proof of mission accomplished, although that may be giving too much credit to social media. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sorry, I hear and understand your concerns about deep states, globalists, and others ancestry. I see it as proof of mission accomplished, although that may be giving too much credit to social media. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I may have misunderstood what you were saying but I thought you were saying the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming. Sorry about that if I misunderstood.

You changed sides SC?

I posted the image because I saw the humor in it. Even those who are avid Trump supporters who are honest with themselves can see a bit of truth in the theme of that meme. It was not intended to show my taking any side. I agree with some of Trumps ideas at least in theory and am trying remain optimistic that he can accomplish some positive achievements during his administration.

You changed sides SC?

SC is the Robert Townsend of our time.

Robert Townsend (November 25, 1753 – March 7, 1838)[1][2] was a member of the Culper Ring during the American Revolution. Townsend operated in New York City with the aliases "Samuel Culper, Jr." and "723," and gathered information as a service to General George Washington. He is one of the least known operatives in the spy ring, once demanding that Abraham Woodhull (aka "Samuel Culper") never tell his name to anyone, not even Washington.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Townsend_(spy)

SC is the Robert Townsend of our time.

Robert Townsend (November 25, 1753 – March 7, 1838)[1][2] was a member of the Culper Ring during the American Revolution. Townsend operated in New York City with the aliases "Samuel Culper, Jr." and "723," and gathered information as a service to General George Washington. He is one of the least known operatives in the spy ring, once demanding that Abraham Woodhull (aka "Samuel Culper") never tell his name to anyone, not even Washington.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Townsend_(spy)

tenor.gif

Archived