JC mayors race - primary next week

JCALUM

Deemie 255

Balles 237

Meany 172

83 Absentee ballots left to count and 13 affidavit ballots were cast.

My biggest take from those numbers is what a pathetic turnout.

People are sick of politicians. I've been saying it for years on here. No matter who you vote for taxes and fees still go through the roof and public employee salaries always have to go up, no matter what. It is a friggin' joke. It is NOT sustainable. The way I see it, JC was only 760 votes away from nobody voting for any of these loser politicians. That is a good thing. Forcing these pathetic politicians to wonder, WTF are we going to do now, the day they hold an election and nobody shows up, is a day I want to see. Government has to change, period.

1. Water, Sewer, Refuse. - This was part of taxes at one point and it was decided to be taken out and made into a fee as it is now. When I first ran for Trustee I supported studying a change to the Pay as you throw (bag system like binghamton) for a few reasons. For many customers it would result in less fees. People who are throwing away 1 bag a week would see a great decrease. Another reason is because it will increase people's recycling efforts because recycling is free and last i knew the village was being paid for the recycling. IF elected it is definitely something I want to look into more.

2. Streets - Streets are a main issue and with the increased traffic coming to and from downtown we need to make sure our streets are up to date. I do not like how they are patching things lately. In many cases it makes the road worse. I'm not sure what happened to them sealing cracks but throwing black top on top of small cracks doesn't seem like it is the best practice. I would like to tackle at least resurfacing the bad parts of Grand ave and Floral ave first. There are some very bad spots and traveling at 30mph down these stretches can do alot of damage to cars. Riverside was done on the binghamton side, but the jc side has not been done, and in my travels around town floral and grand ave are some of the worst. and I know many side streets are in bad shape also. We need better ways of tracking these issues also. Binghamton has an app where you can send in info on potholes and other things to the dpw for them to repair and then you are updated once it is repaired. JC doesnt have alot of funds to create an app, but if there is a premade app out there that we can utilize i would like to do that.

3. Main Street - Right now main street is stuck. One investor has been buying up properties and has been letting them sit vacant. Rumor is that he is hoping more buildings lose value so he can purchase them up also. Im not sure what his end game is but right now it is not helping at all. This needs to be addressed asap. We need to have better code enforcement and code laws that can help with this situation. My ideas for helping main street are to waive application fees for new main street businesses upon site plan and any needed zoning approvals. This is not a big chunk of change for the business, but will help some of them get going a little quicker. Second, Main street needs a beatification code to make sure it retains its historic character while it rebuilds. Third, it needs new lighting. The fancy style lights there now just do not light up the street and sidewalk at all and it make it easy for people to hide and do "business" in the darkness. Fourth, I would like to see dedicated foot or bike patrols on main street and the surrounding streets. We have to rid that area of drugs and crime before the good citizens of JC will want to spend time down there again. Lastly, I support the village efforts right now in applying for another main st grant. I hope that more businesses will participate this time and I hope that they use it to fix up the outsides of the buildings. This will help make it look ready to invest in.

4. Code and Property- Our code is run through the town of union office and I feel like that they treat us as a part time job. We pay them around $150,000 a year for these services and I do not believe we get what we pay for. Code need a real look at it to see what can be done to enhance it. I believe we need dedicated people in JC and not just people part time. If this can be done with the town of unions help then great, if not then we need to relook more at the situation. Code laws need to be also looked at to see if we can make them have more power. Too many times landlords and property owners can drag things out in court forever. We need to do more and I believe we can, Code is a priority.

5. Assorted- Parks are important too me. they have been ignored for too long. We need to settle our police contract that has been up for 4 or 5 years I believe. Government has to stop being reactionary and be progressive. We need change. JC is not on the right tract and putting all of our eggs in the BU basket is not the way to go. IF you have any more questions please let me know.

AHOL(Gotta change that screen name) -

Thanks for the reply. Definitely addressing some outstanding issues. Good luck to you against Deemie. Can't for the life of me see how he's been in office so long, poor voting turnouts and just a general lack of caring anymore by taxpayers caused by the political promises that never materialize have soured so many to the process. I will give you kudos for stepping up and replying to questions and being straight forward in your replies. Best of Luck....If it means anything I believe I'm leaning towards a vote for you as Deemie won last nights primary, and I just can't see myself voting for someone who has done next to nothing for this village besides take a salary. Pair that with a dysfunctional Binghamton Mayor and we have an area that's primed to go down in flames.....smh....again, best of luck.

AHOL(Gotta change that screen name) -

Thanks for the reply. Definitely addressing some outstanding issues. Good luck to you against Deemie. Can't for the life of me see how he's been in office so long, poor voting turnouts and just a general lack of caring anymore by taxpayers caused by the political promises that never materialize have soured so many to the process. I will give you kudos for stepping up and replying to questions and being straight forward in your replies. Best of Luck....If it means anything I believe I'm leaning towards a vote for you as Deemie won last nights primary, and I just can't see myself voting for someone who has done next to nothing for this village besides take a salary. Pair that with a dysfunctional Binghamton Mayor and we have an area that's primed to go down in flames.....smh....again, best of luck.

Thank you and if you have any other questions let me know.

Thank you and if you have any other questions let me know.

I got a question. How come you cucks in JC government can only get 760 people to the polls in a 3 way race? Barn burner confidence in your work over there I see.

Dude... don't run for mayor on a blog.... I like this place, dont get me wrong... but rise above the potential troll atacks. Jmo

Im not trying to run a campaign on a blog, just tying to get my side of the story out there. Too many time these threads turn into one way bash fests and everything that is said is not always true.

Im not trying to run a campaign on a blog, just tying to get my side of the story out there. Too many time these threads turn into one way bash fests and everything that is said is not always true.

You know what the problem with politicians like you is? You keep trying to make us think you have a story any different than the last politicians story. While Broome County has been turning into a shit hole for 30 plus years you junior high class president style politicians keep going on with everything that is wrong. What exactly is the mental illness? Is showing up at a class reunion as Mayor an adrenaline rush? Never mind all you did is play the matrix game while Johnson City has turned into an eyesore, you made it to Mayor!

I've been to fund raisers for both republicans and democrats. It is quite the eye opener. You are all part of the same rotten club. Ass kissing, back patting, hand shaking bunch of losers with no care in the world for who you represent. Anybody that truly wants to buck the system is shown the door. So AHOL, because I didn't see the local media swarming you with coverage, because you were bucking the system, tells me you are just another worthless politician looking for a title and a pension. People like you and the system you support is why Trump won and nobody showed up for your Mayor race. Things are changing.

Archived