Chenango Forks Superintendent

Jtown607

So this guy makes $160k a year, lives in Syracuse, but is the Superintendent of Chenango Forks? 

What's this I hear he was "romantic" with his secretary (who was all of a sudden moved to another position).  A Principal at the high school just left and went to another district, because apparently working for this guy in undesirable.  The middle school had a new Principal who left and took a lower paying position because Ol' Lloyd Peck was horrible to work for.  

Anyone have any other dirt or gossip on this?  

after talking to multiple CF teachers, Peck is a total and complete A-hole. If he does not like you, your career with the CF Schools  is done. He doesn't give tenure, he will do a "jewel year" to string you along.

There was a major issue recently where he wanted to move a teacher to a crappy position but that teacher was loved by everybody (teachers & students) and doing a great job but peck had somebody else he wanted in there. After an outcry and tons of people showed up at the board meeting the teacher was not moved.

Also heard about a good teacher that was new and wouldn't give tenure, moved the teacher and replaced them with a family member of a friend (or maybe a school board family member?) and the replacement is a crappy teacher..

not what you know, it is who you know.

sad the teachers union doesn't do more like go to the press with the truth.

Doesn't Broome County have something like 16 school districts, plus BOCES, all with six figured Superintendents and supporting staffs?? Academia is out of control in NYS, and sorry, the Teachers Union isn't the answer. Like every other union, their primary purpose is to feather the nest of their members....not provide the best greater good product for their consumers/taxpayers. It's why they're vehemently opposed to privatization or Charter Schools.  In aging economically depressed Binghamton, merely look  to the ever increasing taxes and unnecessary capital projects, then the middle school zoos and HS graduation rate?? Or, the expanded 100+ million dollar flood zoned Mac Arthur elementary school. And by the way,  the tax funded SUNY system is now the state's top employer. Nah, everything's fine in the bizarro world of academia. Why shouldn't it be? 

9 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

I have heard there are more school administrators and teachers, and fewer students in Broome County than there were 60 years ago.

You are correct.

But there are many more rules and regulations put into place for schools to follow that there were 60 years ago.

More paperwork to submit, etc. 

They are called unfunded mandates.  Here is a list.  The vast majority of them were not done 60 years ago.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwiG_f-ksr7jAhUSH80KHYXtCswQFjAAegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vcsd.k12.ny.us%2Fcms%2Flib%2FNY24000141%2FCentricity%2FDomain%2F1%2FUnfunded%20Mandates%20in%20NYS%20Education.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3ag5xACAYIm0wIVwBkFfnu

On 7/17/2019 at 10:38 PM, ThelmaHarper said:

I have heard there are more school administrators and teachers, and fewer students in Broome County than there were 60 years ago.

I believe this is true. State regulation without funding is the problem. State keeps punching down unfunded mandates and local districts have to make up the difference. Add the tax cap and the burden falls more on the local districts. Bait and switch is all it is.

26 minutes ago, sportsexpert said:

I believe this is true. State regulation without funding is the problem. State keeps punching down unfunded mandates and local districts have to make up the difference. Add the tax cap and the burden falls more on the local districts. Bait and switch is all it is.

Yes that makes sense I suppose. I still think there are too many buildings and too many administrators for the size of the area. And superintendent level positions should have a residential rule.

1 hour ago, ThelmaHarper said:

Yes that makes sense I suppose. I still think there are too many buildings and too many administrators for the size of the area. And superintendent level positions should have a residential rule.

I see your post from Saturday morning on John Solak got deleted 🤔

21 hours ago, Mr. Met said:

I see your post from Saturday morning on John Solak got deleted 🤔

And there was no big announcement or release of tapes at 6 tonight, either. 🙄

I like this site, and it can have some good information, but it is not a news site. Same thing with John from Binghamton.