6/27/2023 Broome County District Attorney Primary Election Night

Bingking

Tonight is the big night!

My prediction is Korchak will lose like last year and will run on a alternate ticket come November.

After reviewing the amount of monies each candidate has invested on their own dime thus far, it leads me to believe that korchak if possible will run on some sort of third party ticket come the general election in November

NO...................Korchak will not run on a third party line!

He made a statement that if he lost the Primary he would finish out his term and be done.

Too late to start his own "Third Party", and Battisti has the Conservative line.

It was an embarrassing night for the sitting DA for sure..........................He got his ass kicked!

And deservedly so!

He took a DAs office that former DA Steve Cornwell turned into a well oiled machine and destroyed it.

He surrounded himself with all the wrong people (Loughren, Collins, Wagner, etc.), allowed a toxic environment to thrive, and drove good people out.

You reap what you sow!

You had your shot Mike, and you blew it........................BIG TIME!!

Congratulations to Paul on a great campaign and a boat load of hard work!

Onto the General election in November, where God willing, Matt Ryan will be cast off to the dust bin of history.

And one more thing......................Nadine........................You better hop on your broom and get an early start this morning................You have on hell of alot of signs to go and pick up!!

SIGNS DON"T VOTE......People do................And they spoke loud and clear last night!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2023 at 9:59 PM, ginger said:

I still do not understand why Paul Battisti does not want to be Senator Battisti. 

I’m sure Rich David plans to run again for Senator. That’s the rumor at least. Though party insiders are also encouraging him to run for County Executive or Assembly as well. There will be many Senate races to come before Paul’s first term as DA is complete.

I've met Mr Battisti once for about 60 seconds when he was campaigning on my street last time. I've never met Mayor David. 

It was clear as day to me, Mr Battisti transitions into the role of Senator as soon as I mentioned Senator Libous. It was remarkable. It was dynamic.

If the powers that be can't see that's where the talent lies, I don't know what else I can say except talent recognizes talent.

Post edit.. perhaps he should CONSULT WITH someone outside his sphere of influence. 

6 hours ago, Sheriff Roy Coffee said:

Paul Battisti will be an excellent DA. 

Running for NY senate, with the current districts, is a waste of time, money and energy. With Ithaca in our district it's a fools errand. 

The current district is winnable for someone with good name recognition in Broome County, especially in Binghamton, and the towns of Union, Vestal and Chenango, whose combined voters dwarf Ithaca’s.

Of course hard work would be needed, which didn’t happen last time.

Excuses about the make-up of the district and Ithaca don’t change that.

23 hours ago, 2pelo Honey said:

I'm fairly certain that if someone takes off w/out the approval of party backers, they get nowhere.

I remember reading that's what happened to Andrew Cuomo the first time he ran for Gov. 

I'm with you. Obviously, Sheriff Askshar should have just waited his turn to be Sheriff. Now we're stuck with Lea Webb. You people really screwed things up.

8 hours ago, Solak Supporter said:

The current district is winnable for someone with good name recognition in Broome County, especially in Binghamton, and the towns of Union, Vestal and Chenango, whose combined voters dwarf Ithaca’s.

Of course hard work would be needed, which didn’t happen last time.

Excuses about the make-up of the district and Ithaca don’t change that.

This is a very uneducated and ignorant statement. It’s fine that you dislike David, but to ignore the Gerrymandering that took place district wide and Ithaca altogether doesn’t help your case. All of Broome County was not included in the new district. And according to the NYS Board of Elections David carried all of Cortland and what was included in Broome by almost 60 in each county. Those numbers didn’t happen by accident and were likely the result of a lot of hard work which you claim didn’t happen. You’d have better luck making your points stick if you used data instead of personal feeling and innuendo.

Never said all Broome was in.

The city of Binghamton and the towns of Union, Vestal, and Chenango are in, chock full of voters familiar with Lea Webb’s opponent’s name.

Lea Webb’s opponent could have earned the votes he needed by working hard in those localities.

Gerrymandering was not unexpected, and could have been out-worked.

But the work didn’t get done, because Lea Webb’s opponent was lazy, so he lost.

If he campaigns smart and works hard, he could win in ‘24.

But if he and his people continue making lame excuses for his laziness, he will lose again, and deservedly so.