New possible Breaking story on local Middle School Principal arrested for Rape

Bingking

• Bingking changed the title to New possible Breaking story on local Middle School Principal arrested for Rape

Daniel Erickson... Middle school principal at jcsd. I'm having issue posting photos from my phone but his charges are

-luring a child to a vehicle or bldg to commit a crime 

-rape in the 3rd degree. Victim under 17 and perpetrator over 21. 

He is 55 years old. 

There is not one news article about it anywhere besides the one out of the immediate area. I've been checking and there are no news and no statements being made. Weekend or not, these are some serious charges and should addressed by the superintendent if I was a JC parent I'd be raising hell right now. 

5 hours ago, QueenB said:

There is not one news article about it anywhere besides the one out of the immediate area. I've been checking and there are no news and no statements being made. Weekend or not, these are some serious charges and should addressed by the superintendent if I was a JC parent I'd be raising hell right now. 

Wbng did a very brief video on this.

2 hours ago, SouthSider09 said:

There is supposed to be a press conference @ 10:00a today from Akshar about this

Did it happen?  (Edited to add I just watched it- thanks for the heads up.) 

Edited by girlie-jig
Updated information.

18 hours ago, QueenB said:

It wouldn’t be the southern tier if this wasn’t the case. BU men’s basketball scandal rings a bell. Heck, the dog abuse charge against a now former Buffalo University football player and local resident is another very recent example of purposefully slow reporting.

this is from FB - 11/22

"All Johnson City middle school parents read. I personally am not one to post things. But this needs to be said.... If your child or family member attends jc intermediate school you should be asking questions in regards to how they are treated by staff. Especially if your child or loved one has any disabilities. This district has bullied, segregated, locked her in a room and used food as punishment with my daughter with disabilities. When a person of authority abuses his authority and makes statements such as "she need to eat with people like her", "you will not dictate my school, I will dictate my school you are just a parent". This man has the mind set of, what he says goes and no parent has any say in our children's education. I have called the state to start a formal investigation into Daniel Erickson, and other staff. I urge any parent that has had any problems with the school or staff to also contact The Borad of Education in Albany at 518-474-3852 or 518-447-7000
Please check with your children. It's time to stand up. This man intimates these children by backing them into a corner. Your child is in danger there with this dictator in charge. I have confronted jc schools and now they have suspended my child for sticking up for her rights."