SV needs a new football coach

Guest Mike

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saberland
I don't play football for SV i know people who do. And no i do not plan on giving out my name. Everyone iv spoken to tells me ray was a QB but if you insist i guess he wasn't. So i am guessing your a supporter of Ray Haskell coaching again? With his poor record and lack of leadership skills. This guy has not been successful since he got there. Did you ever play for him? Because my cousin and his friends tell me he was terrible. So im just voicing my opinion. And posting information based on what im told my actual people who play for him. This guy is not liked and not respected by anyone in this district.

Wait a minute Jeff, you've dominated the posts on this topic and you aren't from SV, you have no firsthand knowledge of the mans coaching, and you don't even know him? Ray Haskell is respected by almost everyone who knows him. He is a tremendous teacher, great with kids and an honest individual with unquestionable values. Thats not a statement of his coaching, thats a statement of his character, something you know nothing about.

As for "your cousin" and "his friends" saying he was terrible, what do they have to compare it to? I know with the vast experience of 5 years of school football they really know so much that they are experts on the subject. Much like you saying Pappas was one of the best without realizing how good others from SV were just before him. Nick was one of the better players on his teams, but those teams were not nearly as talented as the ones I referenced. Understand, both Wilson brothers were Div 1 caliber talents, Tillman was a Div 1 recruit, and there were many others who were just as good on those teams. The key was those teams worked year round to get better and recently the players have not shown that dedication.

I keep hearing how the coaches lost with 2 JV undefeated teams, but then I also know that many of those players did not work off season because they thought they were good enough to start already. I heard an SV parent this year at a game talking to a coach saying this "My son is working with a private trainer because you guys can't get him the scholarship he deserves". So now when he doesn't know what the coaches want because he never trained with the team, he'll blame "bad coaching".

Kid you have a lot to learn about the real world you are being fed info from a few disgruntled kids and ones who know much less than they think they do. Stop feeding the cycle of ignorance and start worrying about something that effects you.

Guest compelled to reply
Wait a minute Jeff, you've dominated the posts on this topic and you aren't from SV, you have no firsthand knowledge of the mans coaching, and you don't even know him? Ray Haskell is respected by almost everyone who knows him. He is a tremendous teacher, great with kids and an honest individual with unquestionable values. Thats not a statement of his coaching, thats a statement of his character, something you know nothing about.

As for "your cousin" and "his friends" saying he was terrible, what do they have to compare it to? I know with the vast experience of 5 years of school football they really know so much that they are experts on the subject. Much like you saying Pappas was one of the best without realizing how good others from SV were just before him. Nick was one of the better players on his teams, but those teams were not nearly as talented as the ones I referenced. Understand, both Wilson brothers were Div 1 caliber talents, Tillman was a Div 1 recruit, and there were many others who were just as good on those teams. The key was those teams worked year round to get better and recently the players have not shown that dedication.

I keep hearing how the coaches lost with 2 JV undefeated teams, but then I also know that many of those players did not work off season because they thought they were good enough to start already. I heard an SV parent this year at a game talking to a coach saying this "My son is working with a private trainer because you guys can't get him the scholarship he deserves". So now when he doesn't know what the coaches want because he never trained with the team, he'll blame "bad coaching".

Kid you have a lot to learn about the real world you are being fed info from a few disgruntled kids and ones who know much less than they think they do. Stop feeding the cycle of ignorance and start worrying about something that effects you.

Read carefully. He never said he didn't go to SV, he only said he doesn't play football for them. That was a big clue and I think I finally know who he is. :D

Guest Compelled to reply
I highly doubt that. They both played during the 80's when SV was on their big losing streak. Steve i belive played on a good team, Ray was QB and he did not play on a good team. He might have played tight end also. But i am almost 100% sure he was a QB.

Hey Jeff, just out of curiosity do you play baseball? I think I know who you are :lol:

Alright Alright i get you. When i said the comment on Papas i was trying to say he is probably the best player to play for Ray Haskell. Just to clear things up because i am not trying to take away anything from the players in the late 90's that you are speaking of. I am aware that during that time there were some really talented players. Another thing, i don't go to SV and i don't plan on giving out my location. Although i do know a lot of people in the district and yes i hear that Ray Haskell is a tremendous character and i never criticized what kind of a person he was. All i am trying to say is that he is not a good head football coach. Plain and simple. I checked it out and yes Ray Haskell was a TE and i will take the criticism for being wrong because it was a false statement by me and i apologize. What i am basically trying to say on this forum is that if you are satisfied with 2 or 3 wins a year, then keep Haskell as a head coach. If you want to take a gamble and bring in an outsider, i think it could only make things better. I disagree when you say how the entire district loves the guy because that is not true. I have personally spoken to many players who have played for him and they continue to tell me negative things about his knowledge of the game and lack of leadership and how he is just not the guy you want to coach a winning football team. I have been to games, all i hear are parents shouting and cursing down at the field. It's not just 3 or 4 parents, it's more parents yelling then parents who are not yelling. I don't see how this team is going to ever come together with that being said. I am just trying to post what I have personally witnessed and heard of myself.

Hey Jeff, just out of curiosity do you play baseball? I think I know who you are :lol:

No I do not go to SV. Why are you so fixed on finding out who i am? You probably don't know me so why do you even care? I am not even going to bother to ask who you are because for one thing i don't really care. Secondly, you sound so ridiculous with your swearing and immature statements that your probably just some punk looking for trouble on a BC voice forum. Third reason you probably wouldn't give me your name because you are to scared to post it on an open forum. I wouldn't know you anyways and you wouldn't know me so whys it even going to matter? My first name is Jeff and thats all you need to know.

No I do not go to SV. Why are you so fixed on finding out who i am? You probably don't know me so why do you even care? I am not even going to bother to ask who you are because for one thing i don't really care. Secondly, you sound so ridiculous with your swearing and immature statements that your probably just some punk looking for trouble on a BC voice forum. Third reason you probably wouldn't give me your name because you are to scared to post it on an open forum. I wouldn't know you anyways and you wouldn't know me so whys it even going to matter? My first name is Jeff and thats all you need to know.

Bring back CAL RUCKER...............

Guest Compelled to reply

Want to know who you are and why you're here. Go away dude

haha Rucker the fuc*er

Cal Rucker coached @ Ohio State. He would discipline the crap out of any of these politically correct hands off kids now a days. 50 hills at the beginning and 50 hills at the end of practice down in the old SV pit.

Want to know who you are and why you're here. Go away dude

You're a pretty pathetic individual i have to admit. If i gave you my last name, what are you going to do come and find me?

Guest Compelled to reply
You're a pretty pathetic individual i have to admit. If i gave you my last name, what are you going to do come and find me?

na, just curious. Anyway I find it really pathetic you have nothing to do with SV yet you still comment on an SV thread. Get a life you fuckin loser

Yeah thats the kind of coach they would need to be successful. But if you look at the expeirence of the JV coaches and Ray Haskell it's rediculous. All coaches on JV played college football or college sports. They know how to work you hard. And im sure Papas knows how to work you hard because just look at his son. Might be one of the best players to play there this decade. Then theirs Ray Haskell, QB and probly didn't win a game. And rick plhanz, who was a 3rd sting linemen in high school. Bidwell is the only there who knows anything.

exactly bidwell is the only coach that has any idea to push the kids and motivate the kids

na, just curious. Anyway I find it really pathetic you have nothing to do with SV yet you still comment on an SV thread. Get a life you fuckin loser

Do you go to Sv? Or play or have played football for coach Haskell?

Guest Saberland
I have been to games, all i hear are parents shouting and cursing down at the field. It's not just 3 or 4 parents, it's more parents yelling then parents who are not yelling. I don't see how this team is going to ever come together with that being said. I am just trying to post what I have personally witnessed and heard of myself.

First things first Jeff, thanks for admitting your error on the QB/TE thing I respect a person who admits their mistakes. However this statement is really funny. I have no respect for the parents/fans who stand in the bleachers screaming at the coaches and/or players especially swearing while doing it. What is that going to accomplish?

Less than one year ago Giants fans were standing in the bleachers screaming at Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning, saying they needed to go, they sucked. Hell even the NY press corps had gotten into calling for them to go. Looks like all those people were right. The Giants will never ever go anywhere with that duo leading them.

I personally know one of the most vocal SV parents who thinks his son is a legit D1 football prospect. He is paying 100's a month to get him individual training and refuses to let the kid go to the team workouts because in his words "the coaches don't know jack$hit". This guy honestly knows nothing of what winning takes. His son would struggle to play D3 football with his injury prone nature and lack of discipline on field. This parent taught the son to freelance and that he doesn't have to listen to the coach, and there is more than just one of them.

At a school that has numbers to bench good players a coach has the power to bench the player and teach lessons. But at a small school like SV where the soccer program pulls many players the bench is shallow. When you bench good athletes, the replacements may just get beat on physical ability, not lack of coaching.

The worst thing for SV right now is a spineless AD who has let the parents step all over him. He has allowed the parents to usurp the coaches ability to discipline kids in many instances and I know for a fact that he has re-instated players to sports against the wishes of coaches. Hopefully this brings something to light that hasn't been mentioned yet and that I feel is the true root of all the problems that SV sports is going through.

exactly bidwell is the only coach that has any idea to push the kids and motivate the kids

Is that why Bidwell quit last year with one week before the season? He was a leader/motivator for the program? Quitting really shows that trait well.

Is that why Bidwell quit last year with one week before the season? He was a leader/motivator for the program? Quitting really shows that trait well.

yep, he quit alright. that's y he was at nearly all of double sessions and nearly every practice. he missed a few because he is a professional firefighter and they work 48 hour shifts at a time, he has no choice. it's either put out fires and miss a football practice or just let things burn and get to every single practice. i think saving people's lives and houses is the better choice, sorry if you don't.

First things first Jeff, thanks for admitting your error on the QB/TE thing I respect a person who admits their mistakes. However this statement is really funny. I have no respect for the parents/fans who stand in the bleachers screaming at the coaches and/or players especially swearing while doing it. What is that going to accomplish?

Less than one year ago Giants fans were standing in the bleachers screaming at Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning, saying they needed to go, they sucked. Hell even the NY press corps had gotten into calling for them to go. Looks like all those people were right. The Giants will never ever go anywhere with that duo leading them.

I personally know one of the most vocal SV parents who thinks his son is a legit D1 football prospect. He is paying 100's a month to get him individual training and refuses to let the kid go to the team workouts because in his words "the coaches don't know jack$hit". This guy honestly knows nothing of what winning takes. His son would struggle to play D3 football with his injury prone nature and lack of discipline on field. This parent taught the son to freelance and that he doesn't have to listen to the coach, and there is more than just one of them.

At a school that has numbers to bench good players a coach has the power to bench the player and teach lessons. But at a small school like SV where the soccer program pulls many players the bench is shallow. When you bench good athletes, the replacements may just get beat on physical ability, not lack of coaching.

The worst thing for SV right now is a spineless AD who has let the parents step all over him. He has allowed the parents to usurp the coaches ability to discipline kids in many instances and I know for a fact that he has re-instated players to sports against the wishes of coaches. Hopefully this brings something to light that hasn't been mentioned yet and that I feel is the true root of all the problems that SV sports is going through.

Yes i think i can agree 100% on what you are saying. I know you who are talking about when you mentioned the parent who thinks his kid is going to a division 1 school. I will say i have watched his son play and he is a pretty good player. But like you said gets hurt every year and cannot play. I also like the New York Giants comment to, but i am sure theres a tremendous difference between high school and professional sports. Although the spirit is the same. Another big problem you mentioned is that a lot of the parents tell the kids not to listen to the coaches. Which has the kids not respecting the coaches at all. And yes i also think Joel Wilson is also a push-over. If you are a player though, and you're caught between your parents telling you that your coaches are morons and then you have coaches telling you that you parents are wrong, how is this ever going to bring unity to a now struggling football program?

yep, he quit alright. that's y he was at nearly all of double sessions and nearly every practice. he missed a few because he is a professional firefighter and they work 48 hour shifts at a time, he has no choice. it's either put out fires and miss a football practice or just let things burn and get to every single practice. i think saving people's lives and houses is the better choice, sorry if you don't.

Bidwell didn't quit. His attendance was just scarce because of the shift he did work. Never quit, just wasn't there all the time. He works a 24 hour shift, not a 48 hour. The way his schedule works is he works 24 hours, then gets off 24 hours and then works another 24 hours and then gets 8 days off. Thats how the schedule works in endicott was last i checked.

Bidwell didn't quit. His attendance was just scarce because of the shift he did work. Never quit, just wasn't there all the time. He works a 24 hour shift, not a 48 hour. The way his schedule works is he works 24 hours, then gets off 24 hours and then works another 24 hours and then gets 8 days off. Thats how the schedule works in endicott was last i checked.

o, sorry i knew one of the other coaches told me during the year that there was something to do with 48 hours they must've meant he works 48 hours within those 4 days. but that was my point that he didn't quit at all he just couldn't make it to every single ppractice because of work. most of the other coaches teach or work night shifts like pflanz.

Guest Compelled to reply
That surprises me. So you graduated from Sv? I find that hard to believe but if you insist. What year did you play?

I graduated in 06 and played in 04 and 05

I graduated in 06 and played in 04 and 05

I would have never guessed you were a player at Sv. So you went 7-11 in your varsity career a presume? Owego knocked you out with the hook and ladder your senior year then right?

Guest Compelled to reply
I would have never guessed you were a player at Sv. So you went 7-11 in your varsity career a presume? Owego knocked you out with the hook and ladder your senior year then right?

Yeah that DELETED when that happened, but you get over it after a few days (unless your me). It sucks because we knew what was coming, when it was coming, but our cornerback decided to be selfish and instead of staying on task and covering deep he blitzed WTF :angry:

Archived