SV needs a new football coach

Guest Mike

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Compelled to reply
I remember that game because i was there in fact. That would have gotten you guys into the playoffs against forks. Did you play basketball for dale cook?

no, basketball ain't my thing. I'm white and can't jump. I don't think we should get into the topic of Cook because that's a huge sore spot with SV parents.

no, basketball ain't my thing. I'm white and can't jump. I don't think we should get into the topic of Cook because that's a huge sore spot with SV parents.

Alright then you are not who i thought you might be. I wasn't planning on getting into the topic of dale cook anyways. Hmm so you played in 05? If you played in 05 then who did you play the last week of that season? Just asking so i know your telling me the truth. And what did you think of Haskell that year?

Guest Compelled to reply
Alright then you are not who i thought you might be. I wasn't planning on getting into the topic of dale cook anyways. Hmm so you played in 05? If you played in 05 then who did you play the last week of that season? Just asking so i know your telling me the truth. And what did you think of Haskell that year?

Played Unatego at that one college in Oneonta (not sure if you meant last regular season game or not because the game mentioned wasn't on the schedule), Haskell was alright that year. I never really bashed Haskell like many of the people on here do. In my opinion he would be a great assistant coach. I was one that went to the lifting program during basketball season.

Played Unatego at that one college in Oneonta (not sure if you meant last regular season game or not because the game mentioned wasn't on the schedule), Haskell was alright that year. I never really bashed Haskell like many of the people on here do. In my opinion he would be a great assistant coach. I was one that went to the lifting program during basketball season.

Alright you were probably on that team then. I'm not sure who you have but i have it narrowed down to about 5 players. What position did you play may i ask? Did you play 2 back?

Guest Compelled to reply
Alright you were probably on that team then. I'm not sure who you have but i have it narrowed down to about 5 players. What position did you play may i ask? Did you play 2 back?

yep

:lol:

Alright yeah i know who you are. You were a legit player when you played and a dedicated lifter. There were big expectations for your team in 05. I think that that year their were more people in the weight room then any year since. You lost so many close games that year. You probably should have been 8-1 with the loss against windsor. You were probably on the hardest hitting team Haskell has had yet. The only mistake i thought that was made was the fact that Terrel Irvine didn't play QB for you guys. Was he not 18-0 as a starter on JV or am i wrong? You lost close games at home to Corning West, Owego, And Norwich. Oneonta

was another close loss. 4 of your 5 loses that season pretty much came down to the wire and could have easily gone either way. I am not sure what the QB situation was, but i will say that you would have been better off with your 18-0 JV QB then someone who wasn't as familiar with the position. The 4 games you won were mostly blow outs with the exception of the last game vs Unetego. Since your team, SV hasn't even smelled the playoffs. So ill give you some respect.

Guest Compelled to reply
Alright yeah i know who you are. You were a legit player when you played and a dedicated lifter. There were big expectations for your team in 05. I think that that year their were more people in the weight room then any year since. You lost so many close games that year. You probably should have been 8-1 with the loss against windsor. You were probably on the hardest hitting team Haskell has had yet. The only mistake i thought that was made was the fact that Terrel Irvine didn't play QB for you guys. Was he not 18-0 as a starter on JV or am i wrong? You lost close games at home to Corning West, Owego, And Norwich. Oneonta

was another close loss. 4 of your 5 loses that season pretty much came down to the wire and could have easily gone either way. I am not sure what the QB situation was, but i will say that you would have been better off with your 18-0 JV QB then someone who wasn't as familiar with the position. The 4 games you won were mostly blow outs with the exception of the last game vs Unetego. Since your team, SV hasn't even smelled the playoffs. So ill give you some respect.

Terell didn't want to play QB. Now this is a situation where I think the head coach should've stepped up and said it's not what you want, it's what the team needs. T in my opinion was definitely one of the greatest football players I have seen in high school football and the hardest hitter for his size. I don't blame T for not wanting to play QB, but place some blame on Haskell for not making him. God Terell ran the ball just like Kenyan Hicks did on Corning West just a few years ago. The only difference was Terell could take a hit and give a hit back. He was one tough mutha fucka I'll tell you that right now. T wasn't always the JV QB either, that was mainly in his 10th grade year.

Bidwell didn't quit. His attendance was just scarce because of the shift he did work. Never quit, just wasn't there all the time. He works a 24 hour shift, not a 48 hour. The way his schedule works is he works 24 hours, then gets off 24 hours and then works another 24 hours and then gets 8 days off. Thats how the schedule works in endicott was last i checked.

Bidwell did quit, he was actually supposed to be one the staff as a paid coach (he ended up helping as a volunteer asst.), but he quit his real position. He and Schuster quit within days of each other less than two weeks before the season, it threw the whole coaching staff into limbo. They also were supposed to have the other tech teacher in but he wasn't able to help because of a new child in his family. Learn the facts before you post something please.

Terell didn't want to play QB. Now this is a situation where I think the head coach should've stepped up and said it's not what you want, it's what the team needs. T in my opinion was definitely one of the greatest football players I have seen in high school football and the hardest hitter for his size. I don't blame T for not wanting to play QB, but place some blame on Haskell for not making him. God Terell ran the ball just like Kenyan Hicks did on Corning West just a few years ago. The only difference was Terell could take a hit and give a hit back. He was one tough mutha fucka I'll tell you that right now. T wasn't always the JV QB either, that was mainly in his 10th grade year.

Iv heard the same things about him. He did not want to play QB but imagine if he did. I thought Dave Blakney was a pretty decent QB. But he didn't go 18-0 on JV as a starter and played little his junior year while he was backing up Chris Downey. Do you think you would have made it to the playoffs if Terrel was your QB?

Bidwell did quit, he was actually supposed to be one the staff as a paid coach (he ended up helping as a volunteer asst.), but he quit his real position. He and Schuster quit within days of each other less than two weeks before the season, it threw the whole coaching staff into limbo. They also were supposed to have the other tech teacher in but he wasn't able to help because of a new child in his family. Learn the facts before you post something please.

That may be, but he showed up when he could through the whole season. Was he a volunteer or was he getting paid? I don't know but i know he showed up every now and then throughout the whole season.

Guest Compelled to reply
Iv heard the same things about him. He did not want to play QB but imagine if he did. I thought Dave Blakney was a pretty decent QB. But he didn't go 18-0 on JV as a starter and played little his junior year while he was backing up Chris Downey. Do you think you would have made it to the playoffs if Terrel was your QB?

Not a doubt in my mind

Guest I Like Fights
Coach Haskell hasn't proven a thing to anyone that he has any idea how to coach. I was on a 4-5 and 2-7 team with this clown and feel it's about time he steps down. Anybody else agree?

You should fight him

Guest joking_right

This post is a joke right? Terrell wasn't even the best player in his own family, Aaron was and is twice the player his little brother ever hoped to be. TI ran the ball soft and was soft, thats why he didn't want to play QB anymore, he couldn't take the hits. He refused to show up for off season workouts with the team, he and his buddies wanted to screw around and do their own thing claiming it would interfere with basketball off season stuff.

If he was the hardest hitter you ever saw for someone his size, you haven't seen many good hitters. I can think of at least 5 players from SV in the past 10 years that hit much better than he ever wanted to for his size, he wasn't that small 6'1 180 or so right? Mark Schuster went about 180 in HS and was a hammer when he played at Cortland, far better hitter pound for pound than TI.

The Hicks comparison? Get real, Kenyan Hicks was one of the top runners in NYS in track and in football. He has a scholarship to St Francis because of his running ability, Irvine isn't even in his class as a runner.

This post is a joke right? Terrell wasn't even the best player in his own family, Aaron was and is twice the player his little brother ever hoped to be. TI ran the ball soft and was soft, thats why he didn't want to play QB anymore, he couldn't take the hits. He refused to show up for off season workouts with the team, he and his buddies wanted to screw around and do their own thing claiming it would interfere with basketball off season stuff.

If he was the hardest hitter you ever saw for someone his size, you haven't seen many good hitters. I can think of at least 5 players from SV in the past 10 years that hit much better than he ever wanted to for his size, he wasn't that small 6'1 180 or so right? Mark Schuster went about 180 in HS and was a hammer when he played at Cortland, far better hitter pound for pound than TI.

The Hicks comparison? Get real, Kenyan Hicks was one of the top runners in NYS in track and in football. He has a scholarship to St Francis because of his running ability, Irvine isn't even in his class as a runner.

Terrel didn't want to play QB not because he couldn't take a hit, He wanted to play in a position where he could make a hit. Thats what some of the coaches have told me when i asked them personally why he didn't play QB anymore. It's because he was a tough player and didn't want to play the pretty boy QB position. Don't think its because he was afraid. Not true. I will say yes to the fact that he did not work in the off season for football and very little for basketball and yes his brother was in fact a great player as well. He played college in Albany right?

Hey tough guy, if you're so tough throw your name out there why don't you :angry:

Guest joking_right
Hey tough guy, if you're so tough throw your name out there why don't you :angry:

There was never anything in my post about TI that wasn't true. His brother played D1 football, he didn't so I think its pretty easy to see which of them was better. It was well known that he blew off all the off-season workouts along with a number of his teammates. They were the core group of players who rested on the reputation of their back to back 9-0 JV seasons. They were good enough to win, or so they thought. They stopped working, Forks and Valley worked harder and then proceeded turn the tables with the same players.

If you disagree as to why TI didn't play QB sorry, but I went with what I saw. The cop out of "I like to make the hits" is the way of saying, "I don't like getting hit". He could have played both ways for that team as a QB/DB and it would have helped them totally. The real reason he didn't play QB was the combination of no off-season work so he didn't know the system as well- Blakeny was a reliable person off-season & combined with his not wanting to get hit.

There was never anything in my post about TI that wasn't true. His brother played D1 football, he didn't so I think its pretty easy to see which of them was better. It was well known that he blew off all the off-season workouts along with a number of his teammates. They were the core group of players who rested on the reputation of their back to back 9-0 JV seasons. They were good enough to win, or so they thought. They stopped working, Forks and Valley worked harder and then proceeded turn the tables with the same players.

If you disagree as to why TI didn't play QB sorry, but I went with what I saw. The cop out of "I like to make the hits" is the way of saying, "I don't like getting hit". He could have played both ways for that team as a QB/DB and it would have helped them totally. The real reason he didn't play QB was the combination of no off-season work so he didn't know the system as well- Blakeny was a reliable person off-season & combined with his not wanting to get hit.

How often did Blakney go in the offseason? If I had a dollar for every workout session Dave B went to I'd have probably two Not Allowed!n dollars. You are also missing my main point. If you have to bash someone, why can't you at least give your name. That's a pretty backstabbing way of doing things having to bash someone online.

So does anyone have any predictions for SV this year as in how they do? How about the other teams in the division who will be strong and who will be weak, and who will make it to the playoffs?

Predictions?????? who will be atop or bottom and why???

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Archived