SV needs a new football coach

Guest Mike

Dustin Wilson is the only D I player from SV recently, he was at Albany and he was an excellent running back.

SV should be one or two in the division, perhaps Waverly will be better.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest saberland
Dustin Wilson is the only D I player from SV recently, he was at Albany and he was an excellent running back.

Aaron Irvine also went to Albany and played, Nick Tillman went to Fordham and played freshman year then transferred to Binghamton U. Thats two other D1 players from SV, try to get the facts right before you post.

SV should be one or two in the division, perhaps Waverly will be better.

I thought Albany was division 2? I don't know ill look it up.

That reminds me how is Waverly this year? Went 8-1 last year correct? Did they lose any key players or was their young talent?

Does Owego have anything? As you can see i'm not very educated on division 4 as a saber fan being in division 3 the last few years. I know Sv smashed southern springs last year so i don't think much of them because Sv was 2-7 last year. They also beat Dryden, but other then that i don't know this division.

1)Waverly

2)SV

3)Owego

4)Dryden

5)Southern springs

Does that sound about right?

I thought Albany was division 2? I don't know ill look it up.

That reminds me how is Waverly this year? Went 8-1 last year correct? Did they lose any key players or was their young talent?

Does Owego have anything? As you can see i'm not very educated on division 4 as a saber fan being in division 3 the last few years. I know Sv smashed southern springs last year so i don't think much of them because Sv was 2-7 last year. They also beat Dryden, but other then that i don't know this division.

1)Waverly

2)SV

3)Owego

4)Dryden

5)Southern springs

Does that sound about right?

no I'm thinking it will look more like this:

1. Waverly

2. Owego

3. Southern Springs

4. Dryden

5. SV

No thanks needed when this prediction comes true

no I'm thinking it will look more like this:

1. Waverly

2. Owego

3. Southern Springs

4. Dryden

5. SV

No thanks needed when this prediction comes true

Doubt it. Sv beat Dryden and crushed southern springs and 90% of their team is coming back. Im not sure theyl make the playoffs, but they won't be last in that division. Sv lost probly about 3 seniors this year that actually contributed to the team. The others were often backing up sophomores and juniors. Last place in the division i highly doubt it.

Yeah that DELETED when that happened, but you get over it after a few days (unless your me). It sucks because we knew what was coming, when it was coming, but our cornerback decided to be selfish and instead of staying on task and covering deep he blitzed WTF :angry:

If I remember correctly, you had no idea it was coming. Haskell knew it was coming. He apologized after the game for not calling it.

Is that why Bidwell quit last year with one week before the season? He was a leader/motivator for the program? Quitting really shows that trait well.

Ummm... Bidwell was a paid member of the varsity staff last year, ALL YEAR. You are all wrong, he temporarily left a paid position in the program for 1 year (2006 season) but he still attended games and helped as a volunteer when possible. He could not make a full-time commitment to the team and didn't feel he could take a paycheck for that. And as far as the one-week notice, that is completely false. Just because his position was not replaced until much later, he did inform the coaching staff and many players well ahead of time that he would not be able to commit to the program on a full-time basis.

What you are right about is his knowledge of the game, passion for coaching, and care and commitment to the kids. I was proud to have him as a coach and positive role model for my son.

Guest r u kidding
Ummm... Bidwell was a paid member of the varsity staff last year, ALL YEAR. You are all wrong, he temporarily left a paid position in the program for 1 year (2006 season) but he still attended games and helped as a volunteer when possible. He could not make a full-time commitment to the team and didn't feel he could take a paycheck for that. And as far as the one-week notice, that is completely false. Just because his position was not replaced until much later, he did inform the coaching staff and many players well ahead of time that he would not be able to commit to the program on a full-time basis.

What you are right about is his knowledge of the game, passion for coaching, and care and commitment to the kids. I was proud to have him as a coach and positive role model for my son.

Bidwell is a DELETED. You want to talk commitment, when the coach can't even stay committed. DELETED what a joke.

It's almost March. Are the kids and coaches doing the off season work necessary, as a team, for good results next year?

They're probably taking lessons from Bidwell and leaving the sessions half way through. So your answer is no :angry:

Guest Dude go away
I'm a lowlife that should die. I think I'll go slit my wrists now because I'm not good enough to play football, so I have to disrubt debates and discussions.

Good to hear from you. You probably like Hillary Clinton too :angry:

It's almost March. Are the kids and coaches doing the off season work necessary, as a team, for good results next year?

Not the whole team, some players are some arn't.

Guest Some1whoKNOWS

Fist of all i have read the whole thing and want to comment on some of the topics from a point of view who knows and has been there so i would hope my opnion has more behind it then those people who have no idea beside what they here.

1. Ray, he is a good man but dosen't really have what it takes to be a head varsity coach. with his scheduel and personal life it hard for him to be as dedicated as nessary for a head coach who wants to be sucessful, and with his personality being so laid back and non-agressive its hard for players to get motivated. i played for ray for 3 years so i know what hes like and how it was during the practices and games not just what few hours the fans see on saturdays.

2.Bidwell, NO! not head coach meteral. he was my coach for a year and i never learned a thing from the guy. all he did was bring players down and belittle them. He also dosent have time because he is more involved with the softball program and would most likely focus on that more than the football program.

3.Mark Schuster, he left because he felt betrayed bye the school district. he applied for a job at the highschool and a person fresh out of collage was picked over him, even though he was already working in the district and went to SV. Also the position he was at wasent even garenteed to last through school year. so he figured he could make more money in his personal business rather than a job he wasent even sure would last. i know mark personally and this was why he left.

4. Coach Pappas and his son. Coach papas was booted, not because his side line behavior but because him and ray where on differnt wavelengths. Pappas told it like it was and dident suger coat things. me personally and everyother player i have ever talked to that had him has told me that when ever he talked they listened, not in fear but respect. he was also a friend he knew us on a personly level and joked around with us when it was ok but he knew when to stop and put up back in out place. and to this day im sure of any of his former players needed his help he would do what he could to help. he is now coaching for montrose highschool. his son was a vary good football player, not because he was the coaches son but because he was a leader on and off the field. he was the captain and but said vary little, but when he did talk u knew it was important. whoever the old conkin resadent who says hes not even top 10, you know his name u know who he is and how he played so that fact in its self meas he made an impression on you enough so for that fact he has to be better than average. and the reason hes not as well known as tillman and those guys is simple, they wont how many division chapionship? of coarse there names are going to be more well know because more people went to there games and they where in the paper. also its hard for a center to put in the paper because no one cares how many blocks he had, cuz he sure as hell isent going to score any toutchdowns. the kid got lettes of intent from 15 colleges wanting him to play so i guess all those schools where wrong and some old guy who lives in conklin knows more.

Guest some1whoKNOWS

Also i forgot to add on the topic of Nick pappas the player, he was told personally bye Jud Blanchard Coach Lollie, and Coach Cole that he was one of the best they have seen. O and guessed who coached Tillman and those guys??? thay did so there is you answer, and beside why do you care hes been gone for a few years so again another exaple how he made and impresson and stuck out in your mind

Guest Stay in school kids
Also i forgot to add on the topic of Nick pappas the player, he was told personally bye Jud Blanchard Coach Lollie, and Coach Cole that he was one of the best they have seen. O and guessed who coached Tillman and those guys??? thay did so there is you answer, and beside why do you care hes been gone for a few years so again another exaple how he made and impresson and stuck out in your mind

Thanks and you're the reason people need to stay in school. Holy DELETED your grammar and spelling are terrible :blink:

Guest Guest

Normally I would agree about spelling and grammar, but, the response is so accurate in all other respects that those defects need to be overlooked. Sometimes, when speaking from the heart, the message is more important than the form. Perhaps you can learn to write without swearing.

Guest Svparent

I cannot believe the things that these people talk about. Why are you talking about the players from a few years ago? I think it's awful the mean things that they say about the coaches. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. What are to trying to accomplish.Don't you have something better to do with your time. This web sight was brought to my attention because some of the things that were talked about are personal that is the only reason why I'm responding to this crap. All you idiots should get a life. May God bless you all.

Guest some1whoKNOWS
Thanks and you're the reason people need to stay in school. Holy shit your grammar and spelling are terrible :blink:

yes my spelling and grammer are bad i will be the first to admit that. but i did say i went to SV

Guest crying parents

Jud Blanchard was a winner at Seton but not so much at SV. Haskell is fine. What parents and Players dont and will never admit is that they just arent very good atheletes. It happens. slow weak and unskilled . dont feel bad it happens all the time. Take a look at the atheletes at Forks. big strong and tough. It goes in cycles SV had great football teams in the 70's under coach Rucker. He went on to JC with not much sucess(no talent). Take a serious look at your kids and look at the compitiion. I think you will find its more than just poor coaching. Genetics help . Look at the Kimmel family, good genes coupled with the hardest workers in the school=sucess.

Building a program is tough once you get some sucess its easier as kids like to win and young kids look up to the older ones if there winning. It drives kids to work out in the off season.

The youth leagues are getting stronger and we are starting to do some of the things that Forks did 10 years ago with the town programs. When the parents and coachs unite so will the students.

I graduated with Ray and he is a great guy who was a very talented athelete. If given a chance he will make your kid a better football player and more importantly a better person.

Guest G-Banks
I cannot believe the things that these people talk about. Why are you talking about the players from a few years ago? I think it's awful the mean things that they say about the coaches. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. What are to trying to accomplish.Don't you have something better to do with your time. This web sight was brought to my attention because some of the things that were talked about are personal that is the only reason why I'm responding to this crap. All you idiots should get a life. May God bless you all.

Shut up Haskell we know it's you speaking :angry:

Guest old sv guy
Jud Blanchard was a winner at Seton but not so much at SV. Haskell is fine. What parents and Players dont and will never admit is that they just arent very good atheletes. It happens. slow weak and unskilled . dont feel bad it happens all the time. Take a look at the atheletes at Forks. big strong and tough. It goes in cycles SV had great football teams in the 70's under coach Rucker. He went on to JC with not much sucess(no talent). Take a serious look at your kids and look at the compitiion. I think you will find its more than just poor coaching. Genetics help . Look at the Kimmel family, good genes coupled with the hardest workers in the school=sucess.

Building a program is tough once you get some sucess its easier as kids like to win and young kids look up to the older ones if there winning. It drives kids to work out in the off season.

The youth leagues are getting stronger and we are starting to do some of the things that Forks did 10 years ago with the town programs. When the parents and coachs unite so will the students.

I graduated with Ray and he is a great guy who was a very talented athelete. If given a chance he will make your kid a better football player and more importantly a better person.

I disagree when you say that Sv has little athletic talent. Although a 2-7 finish was the result of last years season, they did have some success. They were even with talented teams in the first half of several ball games. I'm sure when you knew Ray in High School, he was a great guy. But you would have to play for him to truly understand his style and how it just doesn't fit in with this school. Hes had time, not proven he can do it, and it's time for a change. You can't sit there and blame the kids, everything the players do it revolves around the coach. Forks didn't have much of a size advantage over teams this year unlike previous years when they were monsters. That school and district just knows how to win ball games and Kelsey Greene

has taken a huge part in that. Coaching means a lot, and Ray Haskell has not won anyone over with his record or any of the teams he has coached. He had two 9-0 JV teams play for him, but produced nothing. You can't say that he hasn't had talent because he has. Steve Haskell has proven a lot more as a JV coach then Ray has in his entire career. Ray Haskell just isn't going to unite this team. We can sit here and point fingers at who to blame all we want but ill tell you one thing at Sv, you have the parents who despise Ray Haskell. You also have the players and ex players who strongly dislike Ray and like Steve a

lot more. Ray at least i think believes that his players like him, but in reality his players have absolutely no respect for him or his goofy unsure remarks. If you have ever heard the man talk, hes funny and very nice. Does anyone know of any funny nice laid back coaches who have ever shaped a program together? Cood guy, not a football coach. SV has nothing to lose by making a coaching change.

Archived