what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest George F.

The E J diner with 25 cent lunches.the Hi Lite across from U.E.,Samiani's (home of the Northside sandwich),Reel to Reel,Grande Pizzaria in Endwell Plaza,Norman's Market whee we used to help ourselves to watermelons at midnight,Hopko's,Vivona's polroom,VinCorey's,the Rathskeller,Central Hotel,Levinson's clothes store,Lyric Theatre,The Shangri La on McKinley Avenue,Bunk's Lunch,Metro's.

Was that The Village Bake Shop?

Which was the bakery that had the famous Rye bread?

Elk's was pretty well known, but there was another that was more so, and not in Endicott.

I can't remember the name of it. But I think it's a shame that bakeries seem to only be in grocery stores.

Guest Guest

Endicott-Owego

Metro's nothing but gourmet there, great cheap chili dogs and breakfast.

He made his money on the ponies.

Kline's Clothing store, The Ave soda fountain.

What was the name of the strip joint(Hideaway?) across from IBM, I think it was were the Credit Union's parking lot is now, use to be an alley in there.

I remember Topke's(spelling?) in Campville and there used to be a place almost to Owego on Day Hollow Road that had Square Dancing, can't remember that place either.

It seems as though there was another theater that burnt or something happened,were the M&T Bank is now on the Ave.

The Boys Club use to be about were Rte.26 and Main Street is now.

Binghamton

Crone's Drug Store and Smith's Soda Fountain.

Barbare Moss, after My Mom bought Me school clothes there I thought I was the (deleted) Davids clothing store I worked their and spent everypenny of my paycheck there, Benny's Palace and Courliss's Market on Harry L. the Elite Bakery on Southside J.C. Tiffany's Bakery in the Mall, cakes to DIE for. The Dutchess Bar and MCcory's in J.C. I want to go back there again but be the ever so cool person that I am today :P

Endicott-Owego

Metro's nothing but gourmet there, great cheap chili dogs and breakfast.

He made his money on the ponies.

Kline's Clothing store, The Ave soda fountain.

What was the name of the strip joint(Hideaway?) across from IBM, I think it was were the Credit Union's parking lot is now, use to be an alley in there.

I remember Topke's(spelling?) in Campville and there used to be a place almost to Owego on Day Hollow Road that had Square Dancing, can't remember that place either.

It seems as though there was another theater that burnt or something happened,were the M&T Bank is now on the Ave.

The Boys Club use to be about were Rte.26 and Main Street is now.

Binghamton

Crone's Drug Store and Smith's Soda Fountain.

Metro's had really good hot pie(Pizza), used to love it when I was a kid. The place with the square dancing was called Grover's Barn. Remember going by there on Saturday nights when I was young and you could hear the music and the place was packed.

Was it "The Barn" or "The Outpost"?
At one time it was the Outpost. Had a lot of fun there a couple of times when I was about 19.

I miss Weeks and Dickinson's on Chenango downtown, as well as a few dozen other little stores that could fill a day........cool clothes at Charm's Boutique on Washington, but probably very few here are that old to remember it

@

I cant believe all the great places that were once here those small buisnesses and specialty shops are what make america a great place to live in. we had evreything and it all got replaced by walmart. bs

I cant believe all the great places that were once here those small buisnesses and specialty shops are what make america a great place to live in. we had evreything and it all got replaced by walmart. bs

Don't forget the effect on shopping that internet has had. You can find just about anything you want if you look long enough, and can shop from anywhere!

@

Guest guest
I miss Weeks and Dickinson's on Chenango downtown, as well as a few dozen other little stores that could fill a day........cool clothes at Charm's Boutique on Washington, but probably very few here are that old to remember it

@

haha! Charms Boutique was awesome..remember the guy that ran it with what we used to call the FISH EYE? you never knew if he was looking at you or someone else..it was the place of choice for rolling papers when we were in high school! (plus we used to see Mr Kellogg the old drunk english teacher from BCHS heading to that Irish bar that was right near bye (on the lunch hour no less!)

@

I remember Charms Boutique and the crazy guy who owned it. Used to spy on the girls trying on clothes.

What was the sandwich shop near Binghamton Central High School right near the Main Street bridge? Around 1970?

Guest Guest
This is easy, hands down its Pudgies Pizza!!! It was so good. It DELETED on all the Nirchi's and franchise pizza places in the area. You need a mop to get all the grease off of one slice of Nirchi's Pizza. God I miss Pudgies... good stuff we had there!!!

I use to love pudgies!!! Everytime I drive by CVS on Robinson I think about that place!

Guest Guest
Barbare Moss, after My Mom bought Me school clothes there I thought I was the (deleted) Davids clothing store I worked their and spent everypenny of my paycheck there, Benny's Palace and Courliss's Market on Harry L. the Elite Bakery on Southside J.C. Tiffany's Bakery in the Mall, cakes to DIE for. The Dutchess Bar and MCcory's in J.C. I want to go back there again but be the ever so cool person that I am today :P

I use to love Barbare Moss..I use to go to the one in the old..vestal plaza!! that is now university plaza :unsure: ... I remember going there and the weathervane with my mom( school shopping)

There use to be a Great Cookie in the mall! They should have never got rid of that!

@

Archived