what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

Guest mitchethekid

What happened to Amps? When did it close? Did it really stand for Ann Marie Pandage? I used to hang there in the early '70s'. I think the Establishment was still open then.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Montgomery Ward and Neisners across from Binghamton High.

Walters Shoe Store & Kerns Hobby Store - near Front & Main St

The Escape - on Seminary Ave across from Wagners.

Jet Submarine - where the AOH is on Main St

Byrons Market on Ayres/Murry

Smiths Market on Schubert St

Bobs Market on Schubert St

? cann't remember name - on Milard Ave between Leroy & Lathrop

Marys Market on Chapin St

Hrehors Market on Murry St

Lumdbergs Market on Seminary Ave

Henrys Hamburgers - Main St

Well then you aren't remembering very well...there were two in particular, who were always together-one white, one mulatto, heavy on the makeup, fur coats, and skanky...

The puck-bunnies! We called them the Oz Girls because of the way they dressed and often wore striped leg stockings. Remember when they had the new recruit and became a trio? Saw them in Rochester a few times. They were a real "look at them!" treat to the crowd up there.

Wolf

MMMm Randy's Subs had THE BEST steak and mushroom subs..

Totally agree, although I always added cheese. Was the favorite lunch stop at work by everyone when I worked 2nd shift in the early 80s. They had a knockout Italian sub too, but my usual order was the steak, cheese and shrooms.

Wolf

Was there a Randy's on Conklin Ave near PJ's?

The only one I'm definitely remembering is on Chenango where Woodfern Florist is now...where the woman was horribly murdered by kids. :(

toop what do you know...you never add anything to threads. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i know its been a few minutes since you were harassed....didnt want you to feel lost....luv ya! ;)

Was there a Randy's on Conklin Ave near PJ's?

The only one I'm definitely remembering is on Chenango where Woodfern Florist is now...

The Conklin Ave one was in the building there that sells dies-cast cars. Was one across from Mary's Restaurant near the Chenango Plaza (Lowes now), and one in Endicott just past where Gault's is. Also one on Main Street near Jarvis in what now houses the Post Office branch. I am sure there were others.

I loved me Randy's Subs!

Wolf

GAF Lake in Windsor

The Wigwam @ North High School

Jimmy's Bar on Clinton

Duff's in Endicott

Philly Sales on Clinton

Henry's Hamburgers in Endicott (Endwell??...not sure)

The Airport Drive-In

......the list is endless...so I'll end it here.

Guest guest
The puck-bunnies! We called them the Oz Girls because of the way they dressed and often wore striped leg stockings. Remember when they had the new recruit and became a trio? Saw them in Rochester a few times. They were a real "look at them!" treat to the crowd up there.

Wolf

hahahah the new recruit didn't last long that's for sure....she gave "them" alot of competition as far as sleezy pigs go..lol. Their most memorable asset were their fur coats-that I'm sure they bought with "donations" from their "fellas" (if ya know what I mean)..

And yeh the best Randy's sub shop was on Conklin ave where Mary Rury had/has his diecast/card shop..Norms Novelty Nook was in the house next door..

• 5 months later...
I miss being able to buy $100 worth of currency for $20 from Davone Nealy.

I see on his MYSPACE his iincome is 250,000 or higher....Sure was making good money with his bogus money sales..

DiLascis Bakery on Court St. (I know that isnt spelled right) When we were little kids my mom got our birthday cakes from there. It was always a real treat.

Out Our Way on the Southside of Binghamton, The Carlton, The Woods..those were the days

How about the arcade in downtown Binghamton. Used to go there every Saturday to play Centipede, Frogger and DonkeyKong!

What was the name of that little grocery store on Oak st. between Leroy and Seminary in the 60's?

My Grandmother used to go there once a week, pick out what she wanted, and the guy would DELIVER the groceries to her house.

How about when Crowley used to deliver milk, cream, cottage cheese every few days? She'd check off items on their preprinted list and leave it on the back porch.

And she had a white cardboard square with a black "W" on it she'd put in her window when she wanted the Chemung Spring Water delivery truck to stop. They used to leave large glass jugs with the thick paper cap secured with those wire thingys? Back then, if you ran city tap water into a glass you could watch the white sediment settle down into the bottom. I have no idea what it was and don't want to know.

Archived