what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

Guest mitchethekid

The horse @ Bobby Dee's came from the original bar called The Honky Tonk. They had a great popcorn machine too and great bands in Allman Brothers genre.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kern's hobby shop. The Mohagan Grocery Store. Jupiter. Byron's Grocery Store. Sammy's Bar. The Establishment. The Green Onion. Johnson field. Norman's.

@

Wasn't the Green Onion the gay bar on Main Street that got torched in the mid '70's? If it was, I unfortunately knew the guy that torched it. He held a knife to my throat one night at work and told me how easy it would be to kill me. Other than that, he seemed like a pretty nice guy!

Guest Guest
Wasn't the Green Onion the gay bar on Main Street that got torched in the mid '70's? If it was, I unfortunately knew the guy that torched it. He held a knife to my throat one night at work and told me how easy it would be to kill me. Other than that, he seemed like a pretty nice guy!

now i get it...you worked at the gay bar the green onion, next to miller lincoln mercury on main street. that explains it all, sleepless. i knew you were strange.

Guest guest
Huh???

The ones I remember looked like about 3 Heidi Fleiss's.

They were called "The Whalettes."

Well then you aren't remembering very well...there were two in particular, who were always together-one white, one mulatto, heavy on the makeup, fur coats, and skanky...they were trying to score themselves a hockey husband the last two years of the Dusters and then onto the Whalers..I know for a fact they did the nasty with almost all of the whole Whalers lineup the first year they were called that..But aside from those two, there were at least a Dozen "glamor girls" who came into Funzie's (and the Ticket Inn) but only after the games..and they weren't there for the Genny Lite...

Guest Guest
Chick and George's fruit stand on North Street,What was the bar and hangout in the Endwell Plaza that toook over the Norman's store where there is Chinese food place now. Before that it was a Villa Restaurant,Waples,The Beacon Inn,Hogan's Market in West Endicott,Don Davis tavern (where Buck's is now),Bayliff's pub in the Union District and later became the 4 th Quarter ,

@

the GOLF GALLERY

Guest Guest

Mr. Ron's- good drinks,music so loud it pushed you back in your seat, and once in a while good-looking girls who could actually dance.

Mr. Ron's- good drinks,music so loud it pushed you back in your seat, and once in a while good-looking girls who could actually dance.

Remember that really bad strip joint where Nirchi's downtown is now? I think it was called The Metropole? Complete and utter dive.

Guest Kinger

Magic City Milk Man....my friends Father kept telling him he looked like him....and he did..Star Dry Cleaning delivery man,Bill Pawlowski

@

Guest Guest

Talbot's Ice cream parlor, The Sun, Capitol,Strand, Rivera,Crest, and Capri movie theaters, Airport Kiddie Land, The Vestal Drive In, Harry's Lunch (without a doubt the best chili dog ever), The Escape soda fountain, JJ Fruit Market, The Shamrock bar, The A&P, Loblaw's Supermarkets, Hamilton elementary school, McLain's department store, Sisson's department store, and Ansco.

@

Guest Endicotter
I think I recall a Devil's Den II...around where the Realty USA bldg was just built on George F Hwy?

The Devil's Den was located in the old "Rose Bowl" nightclub building that later became a sewing machine store. It's now gone and the Realty USA building stands on that same spot.

Archived