what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

Guest Guest

What was the name of that teen dance place with live music on upper Court St. you could take a special bus from downtown Bing. in front of the Court House to get to it?

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Franky and Johnny's, across from the old Colonial Inn on the Vestal Parkway? They had those great curly-q french fries and root beer in the frosted mugs, even before the A and W moved in up the street.

Phil Chin's, the Chinese restaurant where Little Venice is now.

Baron's Fish Market on Vestal Avenue.

Yes! I was thinking of old records stores to post about earlier today but forgot. Also, that one that was on the second (?) floor of the building that used to be across from the Art Theatre and whatever the biz was in where Yannis is now, I guess it had to be where Robbies parking lot is now.. Can't recall its name.

Also, the one that was in the Vestal Plaza, was it called Discount Records?

Wolf

It was Discount Records. I bought my first vinyl at Hi-Fi Records. Back in the early days of the Oakdale Mall, There was Listening Booth and Recordland. The Sound Spot in Binghamton...I think it was over near the plaza. Woodys in Endicott.

Guest Guest
even before the A and W moved in up the street.

A&W didn't exactly move up the street. The one where the U-Haul is now closed and the "new" one opened what, 20 years later?

Guest mitchethekid
What about Mike/Bobby G, Steve/Scott F,Don/JD H, Rick/Bill L, David/Tommy T, Eric/Bobby F, Paul G, Sully, the Rury's, the George's, ....we were from the same neighborhood and our parents were good friends.

You in KC?

Yes. I live in the KC metro area. South Overland Park in a subdivision called Nottingham Forest South. How did you know? Who are you?? I knew the Georges. Alan and Austin. Wise Potato Chip people. The Rury's. Stone Avenue. When I was in 1st grade @ Lincoln he and his brother Steve used to extort my .12 cents that my mom gave me for a soda. I hated them for years up until the age of about 19 when Phil and I became really good freinds. I understand that he has a PHd in biology. Figures for a ganja affciando. He used to make home made wine too out of rasins. I was always intrigued that he and I ended up being pals.

Guest mitchethekid

After re-reading your post I will guess as to the names you intimated.

Mike Schwartz. What a sad and pathetic waste of talent. David, Rick and Tommy Iacovelli. John David Haas. John David who's parents were concentration camp survivors who JD treated like dogs when he was a teen. I hope he grew out of his angst. His poor parents. He went on to become a Nashville guy. I assume he is sucessful. Whatever that means.....

Guest trivia freak

The teen dance club was The Paramount and was owned by the guy who had The 21 club next to the Greyhound bus station. Dutch's Tavern on North St.,Bradleys on Adams St. I think it was.. The Tavern on Hazel St. in Bingo,The Klub w/Lucky Larry. The bright spot on Clinton St."The Palace A ",Zopps when it was on Clinton St.,Mikes tavern on Glenwood Ave.Gondos.

do you remember the lets go to the races promotion grand union ran. you got a ticket that listed some horse numbers and they showed a race on saturday nights and if your number matched the horse that won, you would win the amount that race was for.

I remember Great American doing a similar promotion in 1988. Don't remember Grand Union's though.

do you remember the lets go to the races promotion grand union ran. you got a ticket that listed some horse numbers and they showed a race on saturday nights and if your number matched the horse that won, you would win the amount that race was for.
worked at gu back then.show was on saturday night .we closed at 6 on saturdays back then.would go to bar next door and win a beer betting on the first race as we had numbers for winners already.

Guest The Way We Were

Mmmm. Randy's Subs. Those were great.

There's a Pudgies in Waverly. It's located in a small strip mall just off of old Route 17c. Only 40 minutes away.

This is easy, hands down its Pudgies Pizza!!! It was so good. It DELETED on all the Nirchi's and franchise pizza places in the area. You need a mop to get all the grease off of one slice of Nirchi's Pizza. God I miss Pudgies... good stuff we had there!!!

Before moving to Broome County, We would come in the summer to visit with my Binghamton resident sister. In the early 80's she lived on Vestal Ave. My son who was then a little boy loved Pudgies which was just down the street. Each time we visited it was always an adventure to prowl every inch of Philadelphia Sales! We moved to JC at the end of '89. Things have changed, it's true, but I think it will all be for the good in the long run.

Guest zaloopa

The Taz. The L.I.E. The Raven Pub. TJ O'Malley's. West Side Cheers. That CD & Tape Place. The Art Theater. Popeye's. Joe's Drum Shop. Rick's Day Hollow Inn.

Guest Guest

Whatever happenend to the horse from Bobby Dees place and was it Popeyes in the Northgate Mall and what about the Barn on Robinson St. I worked for 10 yrs at Pudgies Pizza and yeah it was good but nasty in the back I was there it was nasty

Guest guest
Mmmm. Randy's Subs. Those were great.

There's a Pudgies in Waverly. It's located in a small strip mall just off of old Route 17c. Only 40 minutes away.

MMMm Randy's Subs had THE BEST steak and mushroom subs..and they only cost $2.50! Norm's Novelty Nook was right next door and was THE PLACE for gags..loved it!..Don't forget Funzi's..and all the Hockey Hookers that used to come in after the games looking like Heidi Fleiss. Trippichio's, Richard's, DiPaolo's, Quagliata's and Browns..the places to get the best penny candy..

@

Guest Guest

Kern's hobby shop. The Mohagan Grocery Store. Jupiter. Byron's Grocery Store. Sammy's Bar. The Establishment. The Green Onion. Johnson field. Norman's.

@

Archived