what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MacArthur Terrier

Southside Pharmacy owned Mr. Emma on corner of Vestal and S. Washington. A drug store/newsstand and lunch counter all in one place. Dominick's Pizza where Grande is now, owned by a Midolla? The Sinclair gas Station on corner of Penn and Vestal.

Stars and Frances Penny Candy Store on Vestal Ave, with the grouchy old couple with their Shirley Temple daughter?

Southside Pharmacy owned Mr. Emma on corner of Vestal and S. Washington. A drug store/newsstand and lunch counter all in one place. Dominick's Pizza where Grande is now, owned by a Midolla? The Sinclair gas Station on corner of Penn and Vestal.

Stars and Frances Penny Candy Store on Vestal Ave, with the grouchy old couple with their Shirley Temple daughter?

I miss VanCott Jewelers in Horeheads. I am sure that Oakdale Mall & Towne Square will follow in the future (not too distant)

Guest 80s chick

for sure the RAVEN PUB GREAT BANDS great spedies out on the grill........LOL

I miss the Raven Pub too! Wow does that bring back memories. I used to go there when Nemesis (a.k.a. Last Call) played there.

Henry's Hamburgers on Geo F Hwy in Endwell. It was it the vicinity of Endwell Rug. Thare was also a Hess station there. Across River Rd was The Olde Friar Inn.

Guest Old Timer

Woodys Harley Davidson, Caravan lounge , Hideaway lounge (alley in Endicott}, Head shop on State street above what became the Red and White's clubhouse,THE INFERNO

Guest First Warder

How about the ole SUN THEATHER in the First Ward??

25 cent movie for two movies!!!!

the nickel popcorn that we stuck our hand up and got more HA

First Ward Pool with Mary Dorko? always yelling at you HAHA

and the famous AL KEAMO's (possibly mispelling) he would always "lend" you money for a soda..

God knows how much Al lent to us over those years

Or all the bakery's in the First Ward!!!! FOUR that I can remember!!!!

Ryans Chinese Resturant Corner of Gaines St and Front

Rosemarys Clothing Store Clinton St. & Colfax

Candy Store Between Clinton St. & Dickingson St. I think it was called Alice's

Marko Barber Shop Dickinson St.

Little Igloo Clinton St. by Ritz Buemi owner

SunnySide Market Corner Elm & Mygatte

G & H Diner Front St.

Anyone old enough to remember any of these?

Guest Maryann Smellnak

Mike Hunt's Grocery on Glenwood Ave

Li Ho Fook's Chinese Pagoda on Main Street

The Tool Box gay bar on Susquehanna Street

The head shop on the second floor over the place that used to be a grocery store on the corner of Main & Front

Gordon's Newsstand down the street from Laurel Bowl (even though the owners were pricks and would scream at you if you so much as touched a magazine or comic book)

Guest guesttttttt

Airport Drive-In

Kiddie-Land next to the Drive-In Was a small admusement park with rides for the young ones

Helicopter & train rides at Ross Park

Archived