what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

Guest Guest

God, I can't how dumb you really are. Check your own post brainiac,you're the one who got all p.o.'d cause I made a observation about Pudgies. You're the one who got his panties in a bunch. Must be you hate to have someone say something when you're wrong.Sorry you have a problem with Endicott but the good thing about is YOU DON'T LIVE HERE and we are all thankful that you don't!

I refuse to enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Enjoy Emptycott. :)

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Spoken from a Vestal football player who got trampled, spit on, puked on and pissed on by the Tigers in last years game.

And this shining example of intellect is exactly why I can't stand Endicott.

Guest Guest

Somebody in a previous post mentioned Carvelle Ice Cream. Wonder how many can remember

the place there on Riverside back when it was probably a nice place, not the scummyhole it is now being ran by someone whom looks very creepy.

Guest Guest

YES ! Carvelles ! How about Dairy Queen on State St, Lums on the Parkway and how about that burger place that was where the Olive Garden is now. They bragged about butchering the meat right before your eyes and the cattle we local. Woolworths Luncheon Bar. What was the name of the soda shop on Harry L almost across from PMP? Jacksies store on Glenwood with tons of penny candy. How about Dicks Market corner of Main and Helen. The House of Mills. Miltons. How about the Arlington. That was the one where the postal annex is now, right. I remember being in the Penthouse as a little one during the holidays once. I can still recall the beautiful view down Chenango St. Lots of lights, cars and people.

Guest Guest

Where were all the Phil's Chicken House locations?

We were talking at work today, and could only remember West Corners and the Vestal Plaza.

Guest Guest

Somebody in a previous post mentioned Carvelle Ice Cream. Wonder how many can remember

the place there on Riverside back when it was probably a nice place, not the scummyhole it is now being ran by someone whom looks very creepy.

That guy really has pedophile written all over him. I can't get over how that place is still in business. Horrible service, horrible curb appeal, horrible owner.

Guest Big Dog

I have a few from childhood. They were all on Main Street in Union (Endicott)

Starting with

1) 5 and dime store

2) Lou's Market

3) Beaches Bike Shop

4) Safari Pets shop

5) Sawicki's Bake Shop

6) Endicott Theatre

Coming back on the other side

1) Corner Drug Store

2) Peter's restaurant

3) Middle Drug Store

There were plenty other stores there as well but not the favorites of mine

There was a small pizza shop on Nanticoke across from the Steven's Building. I think the name was Abilios. Does anyone remember it?

Guest Guest

Starting with

1) 5 and dime store

2) Lou's Market

3) Beaches Bike Shop

4) Safari Pets shop

5) Sawicki's Bake Shop

6) Endicott Theatre

1) Corner Drug Store

2) Peter's restaurant

3) Middle Drug Store

There was a small pizza shop on Nanticoke across from the Steven's Building. I think the name was Abilios. Does anyone remember it?

I don't remember the pizza shop but your list made me think of a few others in that area. On Nanticoke, I believe where Hurricane Rylie's is now, was The Villa Restaurant. Next to the Endicott Theatre was a bank but don't remember the name, and on Main St. between Nanticoke and Badger, on the south side of the street, was a bar called the Piedmont Cafe, or may have been called Bayliff's Piedmont Cafe because I think the owner's name was Bill Bayliff.

Guest Guest

We were talking at work today, and could only remember West Corners and the Vestal Plaza.

Owego, there's a Chinese Buffet there now (by the fire station) and for a very short time Whitney Point where I believe Arbys is now. Course they were recently back in Owego in a failed venture there.

Guest guest from Endicott

YES ! Carvelles ! How about Dairy Queen on State St, Lums on the Parkway and how about that burger place that was where the Olive Garden is now. They bragged about butchering the meat right before your eyes and the cattle we local. Woolworths Luncheon Bar. What was the name of the soda shop on Harry L almost across from PMP? Jacksies store on Glenwood with tons of penny candy. How about Dicks Market corner of Main and Helen. The House of Mills. Miltons. How about the Arlington. That was the one where the postal annex is now, right. I remember being in the Penthouse as a little one during the holidays once. I can still recall the beautiful view down Chenango St. Lots of lights, cars and people.

Fuddruckers was the burger place on the Pkwy.Remember The Arlington well. Going there in the 60's on Friday nights for dances and their smorgasboards were awesome.There was the Suburban,later called the Crest and Perkins Pancake House across from Dicks Market.

Guest guest

There was one on main street in Binghamton next to the McDonald's. Think Piccolo's cafe is there now unless that closed too.

Guest Guest

There was one on main street in Binghamton next to the McDonald's. Think Piccolo's cafe is there now unless that closed too.

Thanks, that was one of the guesses!

Owego, there's a Chinese Buffet there now (by the fire station) and for a very short time Whitney Point where I believe Arbys is now. Course they were recently back in Owego in a failed venture there.

Thanks, and yes, the Jailbird did come up in the conversation.

So, nothing on Front St Bing?

Guest Guest

Starting with

1) 5 and dime store

2) Lou's Market

3) Beaches Bike Shop

4) Safari Pets shop

5) Sawicki's Bake Shop

6) Endicott Theatre

1) Corner Drug Store

2) Peter's restaurant

3) Middle Drug Store

There were two theaters on Main St. in Union. Heading West was the Elvin, heading East was I believe the State. I also miss Mike and Louies on Page Ave(it's Kelly's now)

Guest Guest

There were two theaters on Main St. in Union. Heading West was the Elvin, heading East was I believe the State. I also miss Mike and Louies on Page Ave(it's Kelly's now)

Fusco's were the Sports Page is now.

Guest Guest

Ahh the old days when downtown Binghamton was filled with people and you could go into Woolworths and pop a balloon for a bannas split and pay fro a penny to 35 cents! ahh the 60s! then go to Woody's Record shop and check out a 25 cent 45!

I met my future wife when she worked at Woolworth's lunch counter.

Archived