what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

Guest endicott guest

Heh - I was in the photo department with the Two Charlies for a while in the mid 1980s. Used to climb up to the top of the photo department storeroom and spy on customers and coworkers.

Other places:

Automation Services Inc. - IBM subcontactor by the underpass in JC near Philly's. Main plant was in Windsor.

Gordon's Newsstand in JC next to the Bates Troy drycleaner in the former...

Joseph Laurer Brewing Co. building.

Balch's drugstore on Glenwood Ave @ corner of Belnap,Lundberg's grocery on Seminary Ave,Caciola's on Clinton St.,the old Carvel ice cream shop where the rte 17 highway is now,Kerns hobby shop,Lamb ice cream store on clinton st.the escape,miracle market,Talbot's ice cream and of course Wittig's,home of the AwfulAwful shake. Ahh,memories.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest from endicott

Wow, really?!?!?

There was one in the 60's on the corner of Broad ave and Robinson St where the CVS is now. And the barn restaurant was right behind it.I think that was what the op meant about Pudgies but you in your all knowing little world instead of contributing make your petty snide remarks. Must be you are about 12 years old or you might be able to add someplace that is now gone.

Guest Guest

Has anyone mentioned some of these old places on North St in Endicott? Randy's Subs, Polka Tavern, Ideal Cleaners, Bates Troy Cleaners, Cosmo's, Metro's Grill, Union Forging, Braico's Bicycle Shop, IBM (oh,wait......they still might be there!), EJ Medical Building, and Chick and George's Fruit Stand.

Guest guest

went to the Cameo in 1975 to see Jaws, when that shark's head came out of the water I almost crapped my pants. But at 13 had to play it cool.

Guest Guest

There was one in the 60's on the corner of Broad ave and Robinson St where the CVS is now. And the barn restaurant was right behind it.I think that was what the op meant about Pudgies but you in your all knowing little world instead of contributing make your petty snide remarks. Must be you are about 12 years old or you might be able to add someplace that is now gone.

:lol:

No kidding, SFB.

I wasn't replying to the "OP", but to someone who posted that on a YEAR OLD THREAD.

Here's a hint...when you DON'T know WTF you're talking about, keep your nasty trap SHUT.

Montgomery Ward, W.T. Grants, Sears downtown, Grand Way, Carrol's on Upper Court St., Mama Lena's, Wagon Wheel, Scratchy's, Jungle Club, Cloverleaf, O'Brien's Danceland, Freddy's, Ma Turner's, Windsor Court Inn, Holcomb's Hotel, Ralph's Place, Mike and Louies, Dragon Palace to name a few.

LOL....Welcome to my world!!!!....

Guest guest from Endicott

:lol:

No kidding, SFB.

I wasn't replying to the "OP", but to someone who posted that on a YEAR OLD THREAD.

Here's a hint...when you DON'T know WTF you're talking about, keep your nasty trap SHUT.

Gee,I'm sorry.must have struck a nerve!I meant to say an 11 year old snot faced punk. Why would you be posting on a year old topic then ,hot shot?Practice what you spout off about and get your head out of your butt. Seems to be other's posting on this post today,loser. Isn't it time for you to go to bed. I think I hear mommy callin you!

Guest Guest

Gee,I'm sorry.must have struck a nerve!I meant to say an 11 year old snot faced punk. Why would you be posting on a year old topic then ,hot shot?Practice what you spout off about and get your head out of your butt. Seems to be other's posting on this post today,loser. Isn't it time for you to go to bed. I think I hear mommy callin you!

Ah, the "struck a nerve" Douchebag.

Figures it's from Endicott. Home of all Douchebags.

Go suck on your hose.

Guest Guest

Perhaps you should try and figure out who the F you're attacking, SFB, or what THEY were responding to.

You don't even understand at this point what you're talking about.

My God, what a sad little POS you are.

Go suck on your hose.

I resent that; I know quite a few people in Endicott who were not Douchebag.

For some reason, I was thinking about my first trip to Vestal in 1985, but I can't remember anything special at all.

Guest Guest

Go suck on your hose.

Snappy reply. Let us know when you get brave and stop hiding behind your mothers fat arse.Shouldn' you be with your mother Lae Webb at columbus park sellin crack!

Guest Guest

What do I miss? Everything that made a downtown a downtown. Every business on Main St., every business on Court St. It made a downtown and that in turn made a City. With the core of a city gone, that being a business district, a City is no longer a City but a town. I miss Thursday nights when the hustle and bustle lent an air of busyness to the City. This was especially evident around the holidays. The decorations and festive atmosphere made you feel good. Look what happened... All the businesses left downtown for the malls. Now the malls are suffering as the businesses move tot he strips and the strips are designed for vehicular traffic and not pedestrian traffic.

What do I miss ? All of what was once great and made it worthwhile to go downtown.

Now this whole country is just a joke, run by clowns with no new ideas that feed on themselves creating phony progress with zero results.

What do I really miss?? The people back then that had the guts and stamina that were willing to take on the crap coming down from Washington and local politicos.

I miss the people with dreams that believed that hard work gave results. Results of a personal nature and not these people just standing in line waiting for a hand out.

Yeah, that's it. I miss the people more than any business because the people back then had community and country at heart. They believed in America, small town America

and best of all they believed in themselves.

(I knew I shouldn't have come here this morning....)

Guest Guest

Snappy reply. Let us know when you get brave and stop hiding behind your mothers fat arse.Shouldn' you be with your mother Lae Webb at columbus park sellin crack!

Funny how the really dumb ones go into attack mode when they're called out. :lol:

Guest Guest

DOH!!!

Funny how the really dumb ones go into attack mode when they're called out. :lol:

God, I can't how dumb you really are. Check your own post brainiac,you're the one who got all p.o.'d cause I made a observation about Pudgies. You're the one who got his panties in a bunch. Must be you hate to have someone say something when you're wrong.Sorry you have a problem with Endicott but the good thing about is YOU DON'T LIVE HERE and we are all thankful that you don't!

Guest Guest

Endicott is the home of all douchebags the way Iowa is the home of corn.

The surrounding area is full of it, too.

Go suck on your hose.

Spoken from a Vestal football player who got trampled, spit on, puked on and pissed on by the Tigers in last years game.

Endicott is the home of all douchebags the way Iowa is the home of corn.

The surrounding area is full of it, too.

Must be they threw you out of Iowa,they didn't want a total ass lie you there.

Archived