what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

Guest Guest

For those of you that have been visiting this site for a few years, this thread look like it may turn into another Henry's Hamburger's thread.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Binghamton Triplets

A little mom & pop grocery store in basement of a house on Crocker St. in Johnson City.

Pat's Bar & Grill in Johnson City. Great food

Korba's city chicken and pizza.

Aunt Jemima's Pancake House (not sure of the name) on Vestal Parkway or just off the Parkway, across from SUNY.

Dominic's Pizza.

Ukineski's Bakery (spelling likely off)

Sharkey's back in the 60s and 70s.

Radio stations, WENE, WINR, WAAL when they sounded great.

Guest Guest

Not my favorite but I see the last 84 Lumber (in this area) out there in Owego is closed for good. I've heard they had really GOOD lumber at a reasonable price for the higher quality you got.

• 2 months later...

Not my favorite but I see the last 84 Lumber (in this area) out there in Owego is closed for good. I've heard they had really GOOD lumber at a reasonable price for the higher quality you got.

Actually, the one in Kirkwood is still open.

@

• 1 month later...
Guest grew up in binghamton

augestinos(sp) in the mall,the penny candy store next to philly sales on clinton,yandas,jimmy's,fort apache on glenwood,and the greats on all corners downtown...u know what im takin bout...lol. esprit downtown, actually every pennycandy store in binghamton. that little pharmacy on the southside. come on we all miss amps a little!! sugermans, zares, ames, the hello kitty store in the mall! The old burgerking in the mall!!!! and the list could go on and on!!!

The Slocum water gardens on Front Street.

Was it Slocum or Lamonica water gardens?

I don't recall these Water Gardens...what exactly were they?

It was an aquatic nursery built by Perry Slocum who was a horticulturalist and raised water lilies. Like everything on Front St., I81 displaced it.

Was Popeyes also The Flying Machine, or Snoopys?

No, Popeye's was in the Northgate Plaza, on Front St.

The bars you mentioned were in Endwell, I believe...I almost think they were the same location, but not being from there, I'm not positive.

Archived