what your favorite old buisness thats gone

OP.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hillbilly heaven

Country Bob Story's bar & dance hall dancin & havin a hoedown.. And the girls were willing & loose after shots of tequila. Yippee kiyay

Country Bob Story's bar & dance hall dancin & havin a hoedown.. And the girls were willing & loose after shots of tequila. Yippee kiyay

Did you strap a board on your butt?

Shots of tequila....more like shots of penicillin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hardens sports cards and more valley forge fudruckers ice cream corner korbas restaurant fort apache aladians castle

Rob: when you were in grammar school, did you ever learn the use of a "comma"? Apparently, NOT

Service Merchandise, I miss watching the conveyer belt.

my brother and I use to order stuff from the computers they had set up on the display floor and then run over and watch them come down the conveyer belt. what a great time!!

The soda shop on Harry L Drive where Hyles audio is now was calle Bennies Palace.

Sweet.....I lived up the hill from Bennys..........How bout Stinky Petes (Corliss Market),.....Bishops Market

Has anyone mentioned some of these old places on North St in Endicott? Randy's Subs, Polka Tavern, Ideal Cleaners, Bates Troy Cleaners, Cosmo's, Metro's Grill, Union Forging, Braico's Bicycle Shop, IBM (oh,wait......they still might be there!), EJ Medical Building, and Chick and George's Fruit Stand.

Freakin Metros,,nice call,,,,Great Steak Sandwiches on toast for $1.50 each...good old days. Got my first Schwinn fast back at Braicos

Correct. It was also a Big M at one point too. There was also a fantastic bakery on Harry L which is now home to some type of Dr. Office next to Rotary errr I mean Kwik Fill and across from where Valley Forge errr I mean that dog grooming place is now! While I am at it, Red & White at the corner of Harry L and N.Baldwin is TRULY missed as well. Shelly had the best meats in town!

Before the Big m and Schusters it was Loblaws

Rob: when you were in grammar school, did you ever learn the use of a "comma"? Apparently, NOT

comma button don't work needle prick does it. Bother you that bad

Guest Memories

No, Popeye's was in the Northgate Plaza, on Front St.

The bars you mentioned were in Endwell, I believe...I almost think they were the same location, but not being from there, I'm not positive.

Flying Machine was in Park Manor Plaza by the then Grand Union. Later renamed Snoopy's (if I remember right).

Sweet.....I lived up the hill from Bennys..........How bout Stinky Petes (Corliss Market),.....Bishops Market

Of course. How about Park Pharmacy or Paul's Market?

Paul's Market.... First place I ever bought beer. I was several years short of the drinking age at the time.

Archived