HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY 09

Guest FactNotFiction

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should make the regular season worth something.. I know the hockey isn't good.. But why have everyone make the playoffs? Limit it down to 4 teams. Have a three game series, and not this double elimination nonsense.

They should make the regular season worth something.. I know the hockey isn't good.. But why have everyone make the playoffs? Limit it down to 4 teams. Have a three game series, and not this double elimination nonsense.

well put

ME vs CV

ME will prolly win but who knows maybe while CV throwing them around like rag dolls they can put a couple pucks in the net and take it home...

im rootin CV cus Jmash is a BAMF but he couldn't drive a nail to save his life...

Hey UE... Here is a tip.. Take the body and get an early lead. Then the Wildcats cry to the referees and get bad penalties...

Ohhhhhhhhh good one!

that's probably the crappiest advice i've ever heard.

Its plain to see that JC is number one in HS hockey this year

That advice SUCKS because both times JC has played

UE, JC has clearly won both times.

And the Wildcats dont "cry" to the referees, they're kids who just know

how to play hockey, and how the game is played.

the paper must be rong ther perfect its impossible the paper is wroonnnggg

but then again who gives aDELETEDits ME

Very good point. It would make the regular season worth something rather than 3 months of "exhibition" games. And having a three game series would be great because in essence it's still double elimination.

And it makes the playoffs more of something to play for during the regular season.

Plus if you break the playoffs down to four teams with three game series then the playoffs will last the same ammount of time as if they let all eight teams play, with double elimination.

Guest JC Hockey Fan
JC 14 - BHS 0

JC 103 shots on goal...

bhs 6 shots on goal...

???

go cats lol

@

A great job done by the BHS goalies too. They did a lot of work saving 89 shots between the 2 of them. WOW!!!!

Guest Guest-HardWater-*

Jeers to the JC coaching staff for allowing their team to take over 100 shots in their rout of Binghamton. That's the second game this year with over 90 shots against Binghamton, isn't it? True sportsmanship. You can't tell your guys to cool it?

I might also suggest it's not a good thing for your own JC team to humiliate another. Some opposing player might just really get ticked off and run one of yours, and some kid might get hurt. And don't cry next year if other teams run up scores on you when the whole character of the JC team changes. Opposing players and coaches gonna' remember.

JC parents, you've been no better. Cheerin' at goals towards the end of the rout, thinkin' your kids are doin' something great. I know most of you, and most of you know me. I wouldn't want my son's team involved in a game like that. You need some serious reflecting here...on the topic of CLASS.

P.S.-from a coach, but not high school, and not a Binghamton parent. And I think...no, I know...I'm expressing what a lot of other local high school hockey fans think.

Jeers to the JC coaching staff for allowing their team to take over 100 shots in their rout of Binghamton. That's the second game this year with over 90 shots against Binghamton, isn't it? True sportsmanship. You can't tell your guys to cool it?

I might also suggest it's not a good thing for your own JC team to humiliate another. Some opposing player might just really get ticked off and run one of yours, and some kid might get hurt. And don't cry next year if other teams run up scores on you when the whole character of the JC team changes. Opposing players and coaches gonna' remember.

JC parents, you've been no better. Cheerin' at goals towards the end of the rout, thinkin' your kids are doin' something great. I know most of you, and most of you know me. I wouldn't want my son's team involved in a game like that. You need some serious reflecting here...on the topic of CLASS.

P.S.-from a coach, but not high school, and not a Binghamton parent. And I think...no, I know...I'm expressing what a lot of other local high school hockey fans think.

And today vs. Seton CC they will run up the score again...

Yup, it does seem pretty classless of the coaches to allow that to happen, that is the kind of thing that will probably get a JC player or two hurt this season. We get it, JC is a good club team. Which is pretty much the equivalent of being the best team on the local pond during a pick up game. Why the paper and the local news even pay attention to the scores is beyond me.

Yup, it does seem pretty classless of the coaches to allow that to happen, that is the kind of thing that will probably get a JC player or two hurt this season. We get it, JC is a good club team. Which is pretty much the equivalent of being the best team on the local pond during a pick up game. Why the paper and the local news even pay attention to the scores is beyond me.

I agree with you except for the part about the "why the paper and local news even pay attention" part because If the paper is going to put scores in from old mens bowling leagues, then they best put scores in from HS Hockey games. So what if they are club, its a high school sport and should be covered like all the others.

Take from another coach at the HS level+ ......... would you rather have your opponent play keep away for half the game while your kids chase, chase, chase? Would you rather still lose handily while your opponent played down a man all game? I'd rather take my lumps like a man and move on.

Okay so what should they do just skate the puck around and not take any shots at all at a certain point i.e. act like it is a practice and not a game or perhaps end the game after 2 periods? I personally felt a little sorry for BHS and would have liked to have seen one of their players get a goal or two especially the 1st years players as I would also like to have seen JC try doing with their 1st year player. That to me would have been sportmanship on the same team for JC but you do have a few puck hogs who don't want to be like that. Also, a strong defense would not have allowed that many shots to be put on goal - just a game observation.

I just don't get where you are coming from on this. I am a HS hockey parent and give a lot of credit to the 2 goalies from BHS who stopped all those shots as well as other teams that have that many shots against them. They were both outstanding. What I would like to see is for the JC coach to perhaps mix it up a little and move the offense to defense and vice versa to give others a chance to play a different position during high scoring games like this. I have seen this done in travel hockey and it gives the other team that they are playing against a chance to play against players who are in a different position and thus a bit weaker in that position and thus gives them a chance to work the puck better.

And the cheering at the end was mainly because the shots went over 100 which is quite unusual to see. Those shots didn't even go in the net either. The BHS fans would have done the same as any other HS team would have. And let me see - you must be a Jr coach or perhaps a college coach who likes to go to games to criticize the JC team. Alot of the players on JC know several kids on other teams and are also very good friends off the ice and on the ice too. But guess you don't see that.

As for next year, yeah JC will more than likely be a weaker team as they lose some of their seniors this year but will still have a good amount of returning players with some new ones as well and more than likely a new coaching staff too. And they will deal with that when the time comes. And as for someone getting hurt, that isn't cool to say. Perhaps you know something we don't. I have to say I think the CV/CF game after was a pretty intense game. Why don't you critique that game. Like to hear what you have to say on that one...... Mr. CLASS!!!!

Take from another coach at the HS level+ ......... would you rather have your opponent play keep away for half the game while your kids chase, chase, chase? Would you rather still lose handily while your opponent played down a man all game? I'd rather take my lumps like a man and move on.

@

And today vs. Seton CC they will run up the score again...

Not if SCC plays a good defense. They have some talented players that don't seem to want to step it up. I would like to seem them come put playing hard today. JC needs that kind of challenge....

Okay so what should they do just skate the puck around and not take any shots at all at a certain point i.e. act like it is a practice and not a game or perhaps end the game after 2 periods? I personally felt a little sorry for BHS and would have liked to have seen one of their players get a goal or two especially the 1st years players as I would also like to have seen JC try doing with their 1st year player. That to me would have been sportmanship on the same team for JC but you do have a few puck hogs who don't want to be like that. Also, a strong defense would not have allowed that many shots to be put on goal - just a game observation.

I just don't get where you are coming from on this. I am a HS hockey parent and give a lot of credit to the 2 goalies from BHS who stopped all those shots as well as other teams that have that many shots against them. They were both outstanding. What I would like to see is for the JC coach to perhaps mix it up a little and move the offense to defense and vice versa to give others a chance to play a different position during high scoring games like this. I have seen this done in travel hockey and it gives the other team that they are playing against a chance to play against players who are in a different position and thus a bit weaker in that position and thus gives them a chance to work the puck better.

And the cheering at the end was mainly because the shots went over 100 which is quite unusual to see. Those shots didn't even go in the net either. The BHS fans would have done the same as any other HS team would have. And let me see - you must be a Jr coach or perhaps a college coach who likes to go to games to criticize the JC team. Alot of the players on JC know several kids on other teams and are also very good friends off the ice and on the ice too. But guess you don't see that.

As for next year, yeah JC will more than likely be a weaker team as they lose some of their seniors this year but will still have a good amount of returning players with some new ones as well and more than likely a new coaching staff too. And they will deal with that when the time comes. And as for someone getting hurt, that isn't cool to say. Perhaps you know something we don't. I have to say I think the CV/CF game after was a pretty intense game. Why don't you critique that game. Like to hear what you have to say on that one...... Mr. CLASS!!!!

I agree to switch guys back to defense and offense. But look at the boxscore, The same guys who always score were scoring the entire game. Now I know JC has a lot of good players, but I am sure they have weak players too. So why not put them all out??? I know for a fact they have guys without goals this year so where were they? You dont have to play keep away, just put guys out there who rarely play. Nobody is going to be recruiting from the HS hockey league around here so no need to have stat night.

Basically what im saying is you can still play hard in a game like this. Have players try to set up guys who dont score scoring oppertunities. JC must have been playing their star players for the entire game. And in this league you can put them anywhere and have them excell, it's not hard.

Guest Guest-HardWater-*

"Take from another coach at the HS level+ ......... would you rather have your opponent play keep away for half the game while your kids chase, chase, chase? Would you rather still lose handily while your opponent played down a man all game? I'd rather take my lumps like a man and move on."

The players on the receiving end are gonna' be just fine...I never said otherwise. It's the adults I'm ticked at.

Coach, you know there's stuff you can do. No breakaway goals. Shots only from the slot. X passes before a shot. To do that might actually help JC get even better. Most of all, DON'T KEEP RUNNIN' YOUR TOP TWO LINES OUT THERE TILL THE END OF THE GAME WHEN YOU'VE GOT PLAYERS WHO HAVEN'T BROKEN A SWEAT.

Top to bottom JC's got the most talent in the league. If they weren't in first place, I'd say something's wrong.

You're not from JC, are you?

Guest Guest-HardWater-*

"I have to say I think the CV/CF game after was a pretty intense game. Why don't you critique that game. Like to hear what you have to say on that one...... Mr. CLASS!!!!"

OK I will. Pretty good competitive game, although it never really developed a character, if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately our local refs did have an influence on the outcome. Very dangerous hit not called. Penalty that was supposed to be a game ejection somehow turns into matching minors???!!! Interference not called consistently. Please get Jim Tofte out there more!!!

I am very aware that almost all the HS players have known each other for many years. They talk trash all game long, then shake hands and sometimes hug at the end of the game. THAT'S CLASS.

I am not a Jr. or college coach. I'm just reacting to what I've seen this year.

Guest tom tokos

I've seen JC play 5 or 6 times this season including the Binghamton game on Saturday. They run all 3 lines out there in order each and every game I've seen including the Vestal loss. The Binghamton coaches have as much to blame for Saturday's results as anyone. How can they come into a game like that against the top team without 3 of their top 4 players? How can they start the worst goalie in the league given these circumstacnes? If Davis was in goal that game probably would have been only 8 or 9 since a lot of the JC shots were coming from the points. Seemed everyone on the back-up goalie became a rebound and many ultimately rebound goals (on the 3rd or 4th or 5th try).

@

What's your kid's name? Maybe somebody will hurt him on purpose. By the way, it wasn't that long ago that JC was on the receiving end of those klinds of losses.

What's your kid's name? Maybe somebody will hurt him on purpose. By the way, it wasn't that long ago that JC was on the receiving end of those klinds of losses.

First of all, I didn't say that intentionally hurting a player was acceptable, I just stated that running up the score may bring out the worst in those players beaten down. I hope that will not be the case. Second of all ,my "kid" is 6, a bit young for BCHSHA/pond hockey, but I've seen him with a stick in his hand and he can handle himself quite well. Thanks for the response.

Archived