first concert at arena?

Guest psmails

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from Wikipedia.

The first act at the arena was the Barnum & Bailey Circus, in May of 1973. Chicago played the first concert at the arena (with Bruce Springsteen as opener) on June 20, 1973.

Toop, did you go to the Emerson, Lake, and Palmer show when they opened with Karn Evil 9? The organ came up thru the floor in a haze of fog, and the orchestra was shielded behind them with a white curtain. Totally awesome! Unfortunately, they cancelled the balance of that tour shortly after and filed bankruptcy. So glad I got to see that show. It was amazing.

hahaha....I was proud to be at that Chicago concert with a blonde named Edie. She looked just like Sandy Duncan. Best concert I ever went to.

Did she "one eye" it?

Did she have a box of wheat thins?

No, and she didn't put out either! That kinda sucked. Actually, that's not true...she was delightful. I did have a dead battery that night (the car, not me). I left the self installed 8 track player running in the car while we were at the concert. I walked down the street and called one of my buddies from a phone booth (yeah, we had them back then) to come give me a jump. I jumped Edie an hour later!!!

No, and she didn't put out either! That kinda sucked. Actually, that's not true...she was delightful. I did have a dead battery that night (the car, not me). I left the self installed 8 track player running in the car while we were at the concert. I walked down the street and called one of my buddies from a phone booth (yeah, we had them back then) to come give me a jump. I jumped Edie an hour later!!!

Wow....as if THAT wasn't completely inappropriate for this board.

.....and you mock moving bacon....shame

Toop, did you go to the Emerson, Lake, and Palmer show when they opened with Karn Evil 9? The organ came up thru the floor in a haze of fog, and the orchestra was shielded behind them with a white curtain. Totally awesome! Unfortunately, they cancelled the balance of that tour shortly after and filed bankruptcy. So glad I got to see that show. It was amazing.

Nope, didn't get to see that one, either...what year?

First one I was allowed to go to was Alice Cooper's "Welcome To My Nightmare" tour...8th grade, and we thought we

were the cat's ass!!! ;)

Wow....as if THAT wasn't completely inappropriate for this board.

.....and you mock moving bacon....shame

Hey sparky, I never complained about anything you've posted..I agree with most everything. Just lose the disgusting visuals and find a nicer avatar. I love the Maurey thing...stay in that direction, that's funny stuff! :lol:

Nope, didn't get to see that one, either...what year?

First one I was allowed to go to was Alice Cooper's "Welcome To My Nightmare" tour...8th grade, and we thought we

were the cat's ass!!! ;)

I think it was the late 70's, early 80's. You would have freaked out. When they opened the curtains and turned on the lights to the orchestra, everybody went crazy!

I think it was the late 70's, early 80's. You would have freaked out. When they opened the curtains and turned on the lights to the orchestra, everybody went crazy!

Hmmm...I'm surprised I didn't go, but who knows what else was going on?

We went to SO many, though, during HS, but once out, not as much...too much OTHER stuff goin' on, I guess.

I went to "the" Chicago concert with my sister & a bunch of our girlfriends. It was the best! We'd had a bit to drink before the concert & stopped into Fowler's. My friends insisted I needed to get my ears pierced that night, so I did! Everytime I put earrings in I think of that concert! :lol:

Archived