Need Help Finding a Jeep involved in Hit and Run

Tazz

My daughter was hit head on last night about 10pm on North Street in Endicott, in the area of wings. She was coming from Kmart toward rt 26 when a Jeep, dark in color, pulled out from the wings parking lot and hotdogged his vehicle, losing control and slamming into her head on. Thankfully, she suffered only bruises. Her vehicle, on the other hand, is totalled. Both airbags deployed and the entire front end is pushed toward the front seats of her vehicle.

However, even though the driver stopped after the accident to make sure she was alive, he left the scene before the police arrived. She said he was a young man, possibly with a crewcut type of haircut. Pieces of his vehicle were found at the scene so he has some damage. If anybody spots this vehicle or knows the driver, PLEASE do the right thing and contact Endicott PD. We *think* most of the damage will be to the passenger side front of the jeep, but since it happened so quickly my daughter could not swear to this.

Anybody with any information, PLEASE, PLEASE call Endicott PD. Thank you.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My daughter was hit head on last night about 10pm on North Street in Endicott, in the area of wings. She was coming from Kmart toward rt 26 when a Jeep, dark in color, pulled out from the wings parking lot and hotdogged his vehicle, losing control and slamming into her head on. Thankfully, she suffered only bruises. Her vehicle, on the other hand, is totalled. Both airbags deployed and the entire front end is pushed toward the front seats of her vehicle.

However, even though the driver stopped after the accident to make sure she was alive, he left the scene before the police arrived. She said he was a young man, possibly with a crewcut type of haircut. Pieces of his vehicle were found at the scene so he has some damage. If anybody spots this vehicle or knows the driver, PLEASE do the right thing and contact Endicott PD. We *think* most of the damage will be to the passenger side front of the jeep, but since it happened so quickly my daughter could not swear to this.

Just bumping in case somebody comes on to see this. Thanks.

Just bumping in case somebody comes on to see this. Thanks.
Don't know if this has anything to do with the accident but last nite between 10-10:30 ish a friend stop at the Mobil on Hooper and Country club road and notice a piece of a vechile in lot and made comment to ohter guy if it came off his car and guy said no that some guy pulled in and yanked it off and then sped off. You may want cops to go and check the surlvaince tapes from last nite there to see what kind of vechile it was. Maybe it was from the jeep they are looking for.

Guest Guest

Isn't there any paint marks left on your car from the jeep? There are only 2 dark Jeep colors, Black and Green.

Isn't there any paint marks left on your car from the jeep? There are only 2 dark Jeep colors, Black and Green.

We can't get in to see it until Monday after 8:30am. I am sure there is, just can't get the info until then.

I am the one who was involved in the hit and run and i was pretty sure it was black however when they put out the apv notice they were looking for a dark green or dark blue jeep last seen on vestal ave. I havent been able to see my vehicle since i was taken from it by ambulance and unfortunately can not until monday morning. So right now i am going by what i experienced at the scene. I do know there were parts of his vehicle left at the scene of the accident and i am imagining that they have looked at the colors and that is where they got the dark green or blue from. I do know it is a mid to late 90's jeep wrangler. and that the driver is mid to late 20's. Blonde hair and is about 5 11- 6 ft tall.. Mid build buzzed / crew cut hair . I really would like any leads anyone has and i do appreciate any and all help i can get. Thank you so much for reading.

What type of Jeep? There are about 8 different flavors of Jeeps!

Sorry, lol. She answered but I should have added that in the OP. And a BIG thanks to those of you who are helping. As a mom, I appreciate it very much.

Guest Guest

you think so, eh? what about dark BLUE, moron?

Guest Tbone
We can't get in to see it until Monday after 8:30am. I am sure there is, just can't get the info until then.

Did you ask anyone in Wings if they have information?

Be sure to post the paint color on Monday when you get it so it can be narrowed down. Also, if you filed a complete police report, the EPD will be reviewing their database to see if their are any matches: usually people who take off do so for a reason, previous tickets, etc.

From what I have heard is that they are looking for a guy as decribed in ealier post that was with a girl with short blondish hair and both wearing giant football jackets and on the scruffy side. Cops were checking the local bars for these two after the accident.

Thanks everybody! To the poster who asked, we did NOT go to wings after as we were at Binghamton General until 4am. The police did go look in the parking lots of bars for the remander of the night. Thanks to everyone who is keeping an eye out, I do appreciate it.

We will post more info as we can get it. Stretch, I agree, he left for a reason. I tend to think it was because of the drinking, but who knows until he is caught. I do want to say this guy DID stop and make sure my daughter was alive and had a phone to call for help before taking off, so he isn't a total idiot.

Anyway, thanks again.

Thanks everybody! To the poster who asked, we did NOT go to wings after as we were at Binghamton General until 4am. The police did go look in the parking lots of bars for the remander of the night. Thanks to everyone who is keeping an eye out, I do appreciate it.

We will post more info as we can get it. Stretch, I agree, he left for a reason. I tend to think it was because of the drinking, but who knows until he is caught. I do want to say this guy DID stop and make sure my daughter was alive and had a phone to call for help before taking off, so he isn't a total idiot.

Anyway, thanks again.

I am sorry I was unclear on this, but the loser who hit her and took off had a phone? was he the one who called 911? I hope she is ok and best of luck to you in finding this idiot. I will pass this info on too.

I am sorry I was unclear on this, but the loser who hit her and took off had a phone? was he the one who called 911? I hope she is ok and best of luck to you in finding this idiot. I will pass this info on too.

No, my daughter had a phone and was actually on the line with 911 when he took off. And yes, Thank you, she has some major bruises but should be fine.

Guest guest
Thanks. Any idea on time/days worked?

He's not on the scruffy side. I don't think he's the type to go to Wings Bar in Endicott, either. So never mind.

Archived