Need Help Finding a Jeep involved in Hit and Run

Tazz

Progressive just called. They said they would have everything done by the end of the week for her, yeah!! Her policy did not cover a rental, but no big deal really. She will just have to share mine until she gets another vehicle. Her rates will not increase, or so they have told her. We will just need to wait and see I guess. They told her they will take care of everything as far as the other driver if he can be found as well.

Thanks everybody for your help, advice and well wishes!

Tazz,

Call me or have her call me. I may have something for her. 722-7163 Matt

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
He wasnt that accurate, with my comercial policy the increase would be for the total premium of $4000 per car not this $1200 figure I dont even know where he came up with that number so it woulnt be a $72 increase it would be a $240 per car increase for 4 years not worth the long term effects of that and not having a clean record. But thats with a comercial policy it could be different for a personal one. There is only 5 companies that will handel livery insurance so having a clean record means you pay alot less just ask anyone whos had a Livery policy.

i have livery insurance, and with all due respect, there are quite a few more than 5 companies that handle the coverage. my agent has given me a list of 10 that he handles. i am sure that there are more than that. i have had claims and my premium has not gone up one penny. in fact, it has gone down, and i have three cars on the policy that are fairly new, much newer than yours if the picture is any indication, and i only pay $2,800 per car and that is insuring them for $40,000 stated value each, with a capacity of ten passengers. and i do NYC and ahave no idea about that statement that you made regarding coverage in the city and claims being paid if the company is not aware that you do work in the city. i actually had a claim in the city for $13000 and it was paid with no increase in premium. post you name, if you like, and i will share the information with you. or if you feel more secure, jus tthe name of your business and phone number. or if you are happy where you are, that's ok, too.

i am sorry, but if that link was for me, i do not know how to find your name. i went there, saw dlinclimo, but that is as far as i could go.

I'm confused. The link goes directly to younewsTV on wbng. Sorry it didn't work for you though, seems to be working from my end.

Guest Guest
I'm confused. The link goes directly to younewsTV on wbng. Sorry it didn't work for you though, seems to be working from my end.

yes, i see the vehicle, but i was looking for dlinclimo's name or contact information. sorry i confused you.

yes, i see the vehicle, but i was looking for dlinclimo's name or contact information. sorry i confused you.

LOl, sorry. I think I cut into a conversation outside of my own. I live in a constant state of confusion, so no problem ;)

Guest Guest

I am not trying to high-jack this thread. I feel this is very relevant in this case. It's too bad our Binghamton P&SB doesn't run a small report of this story. The person driving the Jeep probably works somewhere, is not driving his jeep to work for fear of getting caught, and co-workers would put two and two together and notify authorities. Neighbors might see the jeep in a garage or driveway and call the police. But if people are not aware of the story behind his damaged jeep, there is no reason to call the police.

I don't understand why the P&SB reports insignificant incidents like someone stealing a small plastic garbage dumpster behind a Hooper Road business, then fail to report something such as this, where personal injury and significant damage to property has occurred. This just goes to show you that the P&SB place serving their advertisers interests above the general readers in our community.

I will keep an eye out for the jeep along with others here.

I am not trying to high-jack this thread. I feel this is very relevant in this case. It's too bad our Binghamton P&SB doesn't run a small report of this story. The person driving the Jeep probably works somewhere, is not driving his jeep to work for fear of getting caught, and co-workers would put two and two together and notify authorities. Neighbors might see the jeep in a garage or driveway and call the police. But if people are not aware of the story behind his damaged jeep, there is no reason to call the police.

I don't understand why the P&SB reports insignificant incidents like someone stealing a small plastic garbage dumpster behind a Hooper Road business, then fail to report something such as this, where personal injury and significant damage to property has occurred. This just goes to show you that the P&SB place serving their advertisers interests above the general readers in our community.

I will keep an eye out for the jeep along with others here.

Never thought you were trying to high-jack it! Glad this opens up lots of conversations and many different items we can discuss. Personally, I have learned many new things from this thread alone.

I did send a letter to the editor, but have heard nothing so far as printing it. I agree, he could be anywhere and without knowing about this, people will not put two and two together.

Guest Guest

I don't know what it's worth but I have seen a dark green jeep, Wrangler version, I believe, with a darkish tan/gray hard top.

I thought I heard this go out on the scanner as well. Was the description given that the jeep may have had big tires or a lift kit on it? I thought that is what I heard. I could be mistaken.

Anyway, I have seen this jeep 2 times today. I rushed home the second time to type it...lol.

This jeep does have some front end damage. It didn't look that bad. Of course, anyone could have tapped out any kind of dent.

Would this jeep have more major damage or maybe damage not as bad? Did you find out the color yet?

I am also 100% positive that the driver was a young kid, no more than 20 I'd say. He had dark, dark, hair that was previously buzzed. This was slightly grown in but no doubt it's a buzz cut...lol.

Jeep had maybe a slightly taller tire than factory. This was no monster jeep but it had a few inches of lift. Probably all tire.

Ok, good luck with your quest.

Guest Guest

Im sorry, I forgot to mention where I have seen that jeep.

Once was on Buffalo Rd in the town of Union, the second time was Prescott Ave. The two connect.

Sorry, good luck.

Im sorry, I forgot to mention where I have seen that jeep.

Once was on Buffalo Rd in the town of Union, the second time was Prescott Ave. The two connect.

Sorry, good luck.

Thank you, I'll take a drive over that way. The jeep was black, or at least it looked black on my daughters van. Not sure what went out over the scanner as I was at the ER with my daughter, but I do know it went out as my husband heard it.

i have livery insurance, and with all due respect, there are quite a few more than 5 companies that handle the coverage. my agent has given me a list of 10 that he handles. i am sure that there are more than that. i have had claims and my premium has not gone up one penny. in fact, it has gone down, and i have three cars on the policy that are fairly new, much newer than yours if the picture is any indication, and i only pay $2,800 per car and that is insuring them for $40,000 stated value each, with a capacity of ten passengers. and i do NYC and ahave no idea about that statement that you made regarding coverage in the city and claims being paid if the company is not aware that you do work in the city. i actually had a claim in the city for $13000 and it was paid with no increase in premium. post you name, if you like, and i will share the information with you. or if you feel more secure, jus tthe name of your business and phone number. or if you are happy where you are, that's ok, too.
I guess I should have been more spacific there are several limo insurance companies however there are only a few that handel taxi or door to door car service and because I also operate out of the Boome county airport and off of the BU Campus as a weekend shuttle Im required to have that coverage. Regular limo coverage does not cover the combination of business. Broome County requires that not only do you have to pay them $50 per month and have Broom CO as an additional insured certificate holder with liability limits of atleast $500,000. JFK and LaGuardia also require the same if you do any regular pick ups form there. US Air, Air Wisconson, North West KLM all require the same coverage to do contract work for them. Just because the other places get away with minimum coverage doesnt mean the requirements arent there. And as far as the $1,000,000 couerage figure it like this if the adverage claim for an accident was $100,000 with a total of 10 people involved there goes your mill. And any more is out of pocket. Anyone that operates a limo with less limits reguardless of what they do with them is asking to be sued out of business. Lastly you have to be nuts if you think I really beleave that youve had that many claims without any increase thats just silly and verry far fetched.

Ok, update for everyone. The mobile only has cameras inside the store, so nothing to show which vehicle pulled in there Friday night. We hit a dead end on prescott/buffalo street but will drive again over there soon. Thanks everyone, keep up the good work!!

Ok, update for everyone. The mobile only has cameras inside the store, so nothing to show which vehicle pulled in there Friday night. We hit a dead end on prescott/buffalo street but will drive again over there soon. Thanks everyone, keep up the good work!!
When they found my car on the side of the Extra Mart on chenango they said they didnt have any working cameras I thought that was a little odd.

Guest Guest
I am not familiar with this? What do they do?

If she becomes financially distressed because of this they may be able to help since it was a crime per say. (Hit and Run).

Course you do have your automatic NYS Uninsured Driver coverage if it applys here also.

Thanks poptart. Progressive has told her not to worry as she was fully covered at the time of the hit and run. I'd just hate to see her rates go skyhigh for something out of her control.

Guest Julia Allison

Couple thoughts:

Maybe a visit to the Wingz owner to appeal to his understanding side and ask if he could share the names from credit card payments for Friday night? I would at least try or ask EPD to do so, and have a look at the names, EPD can run DMV for names registered and matching cars. Even if it is registered in the kids Dad's name the family name will be the same.

Also, tell friends that are parents of teenagers and stay-at-home college students to ask their kids if they know anyone that drives this kind of jeep. Boys tend to take notice of each others cars at that age especially.

Couple thoughts:

Maybe a visit to the Wingz owner to appeal to his understanding side and ask if he could share the names from credit card payments for Friday night? I would at least try or ask EPD to do so, and have a look at the names, EPD can run DMV for names registered and matching cars. Even if it is registered in the kids Dad's name the family name will be the same.

Also, tell friends that are parents of teenagers and stay-at-home college students to ask their kids if they know anyone that drives this kind of jeep. Boys tend to take notice of each others cars at that age especially.

We have the college age group covered, my son works and attends BU so the word is out.

I doubt we can get anywhere with credit card reciepts. (do they even do that in bars? lol) I think a warrent would be needed and I don't see that for a hit and run. Thanks for the ideas though!

Guest Guest
I guess I should have been more spacific there are several limo insurance companies however there are only a few that handel taxi or door to door car service and because I also operate out of the Boome county airport and off of the BU Campus as a weekend shuttle Im required to have that coverage. Regular limo coverage does not cover the combination of business. Broome County requires that not only do you have to pay them $50 per month and have Broom CO as an additional insured certificate holder with liability limits of atleast $500,000. JFK and LaGuardia also require the same if you do any regular pick ups form there. US Air, Air Wisconson, North West KLM all require the same coverage to do contract work for them. Just because the other places get away with minimum coverage doesnt mean the requirements arent there. And as far as the $1,000,000 couerage figure it like this if the adverage claim for an accident was $100,000 with a total of 10 people involved there goes your mill. And any more is out of pocket. Anyone that operates a limo with less limits reguardless of what they do with them is asking to be sued out of business. Lastly you have to be nuts if you think I really beleave that youve had that many claims without any increase thats just silly and verry far fetched.

i am sorry that you don't believe me, but it is the truth. a $13,000 collision in manhattan and a $12000 fire in vestal. $12,000 totaled the sedan and $13000 fixed the limo with NO increase in premium whatsoever. just renewed for the [policy ter, 3-1-08/09. i have no reason to lie. i was just apasing this on to you. i do not do shuttle work nor act like a taxi. i do strictyly limo work with commercial & personal clients. again, if you give me some way to contaact you, i will share my insurance co. info with you. if not, that's ok, too.

Archived