Need Help Finding a Jeep involved in Hit and Run

Tazz

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's not on the scruffy side. I don't think he's the type to go to Wings Bar in Endicott, either. So never mind.

I don't recall saying he was scruffy? Actually, my daughter stated he was a clean cut young man.

Than you Pontiacmrc1, if everybody just kinds of watches while out driving or in parking lots somebody may spot him quickly.

buccaqueen, I have sent a letter to the editor and hopefully they will publish it.

I just want this young man to take responsibility for his actions. Obviously, he will not be charged with DWI now, and that is IF it is the reason he took off. Of course, I'm not sure which is worse for his record, DWI or hit and run.

Guest Guest
I don't recall saying he was scruffy? Actually, my daughter stated he was a clean cut young man.

Than you Pontiacmrc1, if everybody just kinds of watches while out driving or in parking lots somebody may spot him quickly.

buccaqueen, I have sent a letter to the editor and hopefully they will publish it.

I just want this young man to take responsibility for his actions. Obviously, he will not be charged with DWI now, and that is IF it is the reason he took off. Of course, I'm not sure which is worse for his record, DWI or hit and run.

What exactly is the "type" to go to Wings anyways?

That place wingz is a shit hole! I went once, walked in and walked right back out ! SMELLS!

Wonderful, I'll buy a gas mask :P

I just want to say this. In my PERSONAL opinion, I do not think this young man is the scum of the earth, drug dealer lowlife that I would much rather prefer.(It would make it easier to be angry at him if he was this way)

I think he is simply a young man who made a very bad choice Friday night for whatever reason. The fact he stopped to make sure my daughter was ok and had a phone with her tells me he is not an uncaring person.

But bad choices means stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility for your actions, no matter how much it hurts.

OP, contact Binghamton Crimestoppers on Monday if you want more coverage. They work with one of the local TV news stations, have a website, http://www.binghamtoncrimestoppers.org/ , and are in the paper once every two weeks. A lot of crimes get solved through them. Contact Sgt. Mike Whalen at the Binghamton Police Dept., he's the head of Crimestoppers.

OP, contact Binghamton Crimestoppers on Monday if you want more coverage. They work with one of the local TV news stations, have a website, http://www.binghamtoncrimestoppers.org/ , and are in the paper once every two weeks. A lot of crimes get solved through them. Contact Sgt. Mike Whalen at the Binghamton Police Dept., he's the head of Crimestoppers.

Thank you, will do!

Guest Julia Allison

Yeah for strong, smart Mothers! I am thankful your daughter was not seriously injured. This thread is a genius move on your part and I am confident you will get justice.

Guest Guest

This is a great idea.

I too hope that you can find the person responsible OP. He needs to be held responsible for his actions. Next time his wreckless behavior may not leave the victim as lucky as your daughter was.

Good luck and I hope your daughter feels better soon.

Yeah for strong, smart Mothers! I am thankful your daughter was not seriously injured. This thread is a genius move on your part and I am confident you will get justice.

Well, thank you very much! I am very grateful she is not injured seriously as well and have thanked my lucky stars many times in the last two days.

As for putting it here....most people in this area are great people who only want to live life right and have others do the same thing. I am confident if somebody on here knows this young man or spots him, the right thing will be done. Many of us have children/neices and nephews/grandchildren ect and would want the help if it were them.

well good luck... as long as she's ok is the big thing. if they find who did it, even better.

Thank you, that is the only thing that matters really. But yes, bonus if they catch him so HIS insurance has to pay.

Guest Julia Allison

I am pretty sure that his insurance will not cover a hit-and-run. But, the courts will make him pay out of pocket...just the lesson this guy needs to learn.

I am pretty sure that his insurance will not cover a hit-and-run. But, the courts will make him pay out of pocket...just the lesson this guy needs to learn.

:o Really!!? Wonderful, just freakin wonderful. Seems like the insurance would pay then make him pay them back for crying out loud. Thank heavens my daughter was fully covered! Sounds like this may get nasty:(

Guest Guest

I would imagine the guy who took off was either inebriated, or unlicensed and uninsured.

Someone will see these postings soon.

The guy might get away with a DWI but I am quite sure that fleeing a personal injury accident is a felony in NYS.

Hopefully his guilt will make him do the right thing.

Generally insurance will not cover hit and run if the at fault vehicle is not identified. More than likely what will happen, your insurance will cover her injuries and the damage to her vehicle. If they catch the other driver and he is insured, your company will fight to recoup the amount that they paid out to you. And your insurance comapny will not stop until they get payment from his. This is all dependant on finding him of course. Just be ready for a long drawn out process. Good luck to you. And this guy will be caught.

Since it was a crime per say, take the police report to Crime Victims Assistance Center up by the old State Hospital if needed.

I am not familiar with this? What do they do?

Thanks poptart. Progressive has told her not to worry as she was fully covered at the time of the hit and run. I'd just hate to see her rates go skyhigh for something out of her control.

I am not familiar with this? What do they do?

Thanks poptart. Progressive has told her not to worry as she was fully covered at the time of the hit and run. I'd just hate to see her rates go skyhigh for something out of her control.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even if they catch the guy and make his insurance pay, her rates may still increase . some insurance companies will surcharge for not at fault accidents. you may want to check with progressive to see.

Guest ASICIT

Leaving the Scene of a Personal Injury Accident is a Misdemeanor. The at fault driver's Insurance will cover Hit & Runs. The injuries are covered under each driver's respective insurance regardless who is at fault. Your insurance will cover everything and if the other driver is located then they will go after the at fault driver's insurance company for reimbursement. Good Luck

Archived