Need Help Finding a Jeep involved in Hit and Run

Tazz

He wasnt that accurate, with my comercial policy the increase would be for the total premium of $4000 per car not this $1200 figure I dont even know where he came up with that number so it woulnt be a $72 increase it would be a $240 per car increase for 4 years not worth the long term effects of that and not having a clean record. But thats with a comercial policy it could be different for a personal one. There is only 5 companies that will handel livery insurance so having a clean record means you pay alot less just ask anyone whos had a Livery policy.

i didn' read all comments but did any one think to ask the 911 people for phone records, after 9-11 gps is on all cell phones how about homing in on that number trace it follow it , secondly when he got out to check her did he touch the car ....finger prints ... which direction did he go. did police check skid to see type of tire tread, paint left on car?ill keep an eye out and an ear open ,,, bump

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i didn' read all comments but did any one think to ask the 911 people for phone records, after 9-11 gps is on all cell phones how about homing in on that number trace it follow it , secondly when he got out to check her did he touch the car ....finger prints ... which direction did he go. did police check skid to see type of tire tread, paint left on car?ill keep an eye out and an ear open ,,, bump
East on north street and the cell trace not a bad Idea. They might just be able to do that.

East on north street and the cell trace not a bad Idea. They might just be able to do that.

if i were leading detective on this case ....if a 911 call was infact placed thats where i'd begin if it's a pre pay though good luck can't realy trace those back,no phone bill no address etc but they should have gps and they in theory could get a read on it that way they just wont know who it is untill they suprise visit this a holeat work or at home or where ever he is at the time

Guest Guest

Tracing the 911 call won't help with this case. The Mother said the creepy coward jeep driver just made sure the girl was alive and that she had a phone to call for help herself. He did not call 911, the Daughter did. Nice guy. Hope he realizes karma is a bitch and she buys round trip tickets.

I don't recall saying he was scruffy? Actually, my daughter stated he was a clean cut young man.

Than you Pontiacmrc1, if everybody just kinds of watches while out driving or in parking lots somebody may spot him quickly.

buccaqueen, I have sent a letter to the editor and hopefully they will publish it.

I just want this young man to take responsibility for his actions. Obviously, he will not be charged with DWI now, and that is IF it is the reason he took off. Of course, I'm not sure which is worse for his record, DWI or hit and run.

I was just stating what the cops said when they came into the bars Friday nite, that they were looking for 2 people male & female short hair for him and shortish blond hair for her wearing giant jackets and both were scruffy looking because as cops were leaving the bar a middle age female walked in wearing a giant jacket and had blond hair and was on the rough looking side and they detained her outside with questions but it was not her involed because she came in bar and spent the rest of night there. It was not me calling anyone scruffy looking it was the cops.

Guest Junk yard dog

I'd contact the local junk yards and ask them to keep an eye out for anyone looking for Jeep parts. If it was a Wrangler that hit the girl and totalled her car there has to be some major damage.

I was just stating what the cops said when they came into the bars Friday nite, that they were looking for 2 people male & female short hair for him and shortish blond hair for her wearing giant jackets and both were scruffy looking because as cops were leaving the bar a middle age female walked in wearing a giant jacket and had blond hair and was on the rough looking side and they detained her outside with questions but it was not her involed because she came in bar and spent the rest of night there. It was not me calling anyone scruffy looking it was the cops.

Thanks for explaining :) Actually, those people had nothing to do with this case, not sure why they were looking for somebody with that description, but it had nothing to do with my daughters hit and run. We verified that yesterday, not scuffy, no giants jackets and no female. Simply a clean cut young man, mid-late 20s driving a jeep wrangler, dark in color (we are going over today so may have more on the color) with damage to his *passenger* front.

To the poster who said it was my daughter who called 911, that is correct. The young man stopped and my daughter called 911, was on the phone with them when he jumped in his jeep and took off.

So far as skid marks, how do you leave skid marks on snow? The police did follow the tracks as traffic was light, but as far as I know there were no skid marks.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes for my daughter. She was quite sore yesterday from the airbag and seatbelt in her chest area, but again we feel very blessed it was not worse than what it was. And yes, I believe in Karma:)

I'd contact the local junk yards and ask them to keep an eye out for anyone looking for Jeep parts. If it was a Wrangler that hit the girl and totalled her car there has to be some major damage.

That is actually a very good idea. I'll do that today for my daughter as she has enough to try and handle with everything else. Thank you!

Thanks for explaining :) Actually, those people had nothing to do with this case, not sure why they were looking for somebody with that description, but it had nothing to do with my daughters hit and run. We verified that yesterday, not scuffy, no giants jackets and no female. Simply a clean cut young man, mid-late 20s driving a jeep wrangler, dark in color (we are going over today so may have more on the color) with damage to his *passenger* front.

To the poster who said it was my daughter who called 911, that is correct. The young man stopped and my daughter called 911, was on the phone with them when he jumped in his jeep and took off.

So far as skid marks, how do you leave skid marks on snow? The police did follow the tracks as traffic was light, but as far as I know there were no skid marks.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes for my daughter. She was quite sore yesterday from the airbag and seatbelt in her chest area, but again we feel very blessed it was not worse than what it was. And yes, I believe in Karma:)

snow .....no snow tires leave a track hope they get em

snow .....no snow tires leave a track hope they get em

I don't know about tires:) I do know they were able to follow the tracks of the jeep, as I said fresh snow and very little traffic. They followed them back to wingz, it showed he "hotdogged" out of the parking lot causing his jeep to "fishtail" and he overcorrected right into the path of my daughters van.

It is hard for me to describe, but yes, tracks were found, just no skid marks (by skid marks, I think black tire marks on pavement, is that right?)

Guest Guest

Some jeeps have heavy grill protectors and depending on what she drove may not show alot of damage on a jeep even with a head on, jeeps are higher than most cars front ends. Ive seen this happen before where the jeep slid over the front end. without a license number this ahole might just get away with it.ECDD

Some jeeps have heavy grill protectors and depending on what she drove may not show alot of damage on a jeep even with a head on, jeeps are higher than most cars front ends. Ive seen this happen before where the jeep slid over the front end. without a license number this ahole might just get away with it.ECDD

Yes, but the headlight and peices of his vehicle were found at the scene, so some sort of damage was done, however minor.

011.jpg

009.jpg

Black!

008.jpg

The only other detail we realized today was the jeep has oversized tires. We seen a jeep wrangler for sale and the tires were smaller on it than the one that hit her Friday.

Well yellow cab jus made an announcement over their radios and the night dispatcher will do the same. Courtesy is also on board. Good Luck

Guest Guest

Same thing happened to me in November. I have progressive insurance. Here's what happened in my case:

I was involved in a hit and run. I got a plate number but don't think it was 100% accurate. It was dark and I was not able to describe the vehicle other than knowing it was a car. I did clearly see the driver as she veered into my driver door. Got her plate as she sped past me. She made like she was going to pull over and when I got to the side of the road she just took off.

I called the police immediately and my insurance company, progressive.

They repaired my vehicle, I had to pay the deductible. They said if they found the driver who hit me, they would go after their insurance company to repay the costs expended on my vehicle and refund my deductible to me.

They only provide a rental car if that's part of your coverage. I had full coverage but no rental car coverage so I had to pay for my own rental car.

Due to the fact that I only had a plate and no description, the trail went dead and nothing further has been done. The fact that I swore it was a car and the plate number I had was for a SUV didn't help. There were letter's that I could have fouled up. I thought I saw an E, could have been an F. Stuff like that.

My rates didn't go up *yet*. I told the company that if they raised my rates after using their company for 10 years and not one accident that I would change companies. My renewal did recently go through and my rates are the same but I'm expecting a sizeable increase next time.

Same thing happened to me in November. I have progressive insurance. Here's what happened in my case:

I was involved in a hit and run. I got a plate number but don't think it was 100% accurate. It was dark and I was not able to describe the vehicle other than knowing it was a car. I did clearly see the driver as she veered into my driver door. Got her plate as she sped past me. She made like she was going to pull over and when I got to the side of the road she just took off.

They repaired my vehicle, I had to pay the deductible. They said if they found the driver who hit me, they would go after their insurance company to repay the costs expended on my vehicle and refund my deductible to me.

They only provide a rental car if that's part of your coverage. I had full coverage but no rental car coverage so I had to pay for my own rental car.

Due to the fact that I only had a plate and no description, the trail went dead and nothing further has been done. The fact that I swore it was a car and the plate number I had was for a SUV didn't help. There were letter's that I could have fouled up. I thought I saw an E, could have been an F. Stuff like that.

My rates didn't go up *yet*. I told the company that if they raised my rates after using their company for 10 years and not one accident that I would change companies. My renewal did recently go through and my rates are the same but I'm expecting a sizeable increase next time.

I'm sorry that happened to you! To bad the person never got caught, we are not holding our breath this guy will be either to be honest. Thanks for telling me your story.

And if they do, the sad part is they arent happy with an increase for just 1 year they do it for 4

Progressive just called. They said they would have everything done by the end of the week for her, yeah!! Her policy did not cover a rental, but no big deal really. She will just have to share mine until she gets another vehicle. Her rates will not increase, or so they have told her. We will just need to wait and see I guess. They told her they will take care of everything as far as the other driver if he can be found as well.

Thanks everybody for your help, advice and well wishes!

Archived