Port Dick Park Walker

Guest Port Dick Walker

Guest Port Dick Walker

Just came from the park and the walkways are ice. Such a beautiful day out today and don't understand why someone can't do something about the maintenance on the walkways. Close the park if you don't want to maintain it. I have walked the park for quite sometime and things just don't change there. I worry about older people walking and falling. I know it is winter but I think more can be done with the care of the walkway.

Also PAINT on walkway NO DOGS ALLOWED people can't read the sign as you enter the park, they still come with there dogs. I walk there because there is no dogs allowed. I like dogs but don't want to walk with them. Again today a man walking his dog there.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guestII

Please correct me if i'm wrong. I believe there are two men who take care of everything in Port Dick, all departments except police and fire. I'm pretty sure the park has to be a lower priorty than water,sewer ,street or building problems.

Guest walker
Please correct me if i'm wrong. I believe there are two men who take care of everything in Port Dick, all departments except police and fire. I'm pretty sure the park has to be a lower priorty than water,sewer ,street or building problems.

I feel it should be a priorty, what about the person in the village that does not take care of his/her sidewalk is that ok because they work and have other things going on. Hire more people if it is too much for the 2 people working in the village to take care of because of other things that come first. There is a gentleman during the summer that mows all day down there, so how about having him take care of the needs in the winter. I just feel this is a safety issue and I really am looking out for someone falling and getting hurt on something that could have been prevented. This is nothing new been going on every winter.

Guest Guest
Just came from the park and the walkways are ice. Such a beautiful day out today and don't understand why someone can't do something about the maintenance on the walkways. Close the park if you don't want to maintain it. I have walked the park for quite sometime and things just don't change there. I worry about older people walking and falling. I know it is winter but I think more can be done with the care of the walkway.

Also PAINT on walkway NO DOGS ALLOWED people can't read the sign as you enter the park, they still come with there dogs. I walk there because there is no dogs allowed. I like dogs but don't want to walk with them. Again today a man walking his dog there.

Why are you so against people taking dogs to the park?

Guest Port Dick Walker
Why are you so against people taking dogs to the park?

Plain and simple the park does not allow dogs in the park so don't bring them to the park, take them to a park that allows dogs. I have nothing against dogs I do like them just don't want to walk with them.

Guest Guest
Plain and simple the park does not allow dogs in the park so don't bring them to the park, take them to a park that allows dogs. I have nothing against dogs I do like them just don't want to walk with them.

Well, I just got a new puppy. I live in Port Dick about 1/2 mile from the park. I pay village taxes and come spring/ summer time, I'm going to walk my dog there. Don't worry, I'll pick up the poop!

Guest Guest
Well, I just got a new puppy. I live in Port Dick about 1/2 mile from the park. I pay village taxes and come spring/ summer time, I'm going to walk my dog there. Don't worry, I'll pick up the poop!

Good for you.

I live in JC and I' going to make a point of taking my two dogs there too. I'm going to invite all my fellow dog owners as well.

Guest port dick walker

Well I hope you read the sign before you enter that says no dogs and hope you obey the villages laws. After all you live in the village, and I too pay taxes but obey the laws. I guess some people just don't get it that is why the world is the way it is.

Guest port dick walker
I think the militant squirrels are a much bigger problem there than dogs!!!

People feed them that is why but again signs read don't feed the wild life. There is a lady that walks around with a bag of peanuts, wait till the geese come back. One day there was a guy that walked with a metal pail of feed down toward the river when I was there.

Guest Guest
Well I hope you read the sign before you enter that says no dogs and hope you obey the villages laws. After all you live in the village, and I too pay taxes but obey the laws. I guess some people just don't get it that is why the world is the way it is.

I have a question for you. Why are you so against dogs being in the park if they are leashed and the owners are required to clean up after the dogs?

Guest Guest
What about the "No Crotchety Old Men" sign?

Didn't you see that?

What does an old man's crotch have to do with this thread? :P

What does an old man's crotch have to do with this thread? :P

I HAVE THAT ANSWER FOR YOU. BECAUSE HIS HEAD IS UP THERE!!!

I HAVE TWO BIG DOGS AND I LIVE IN APALACHIN, I REALLY REALLY WANT TO WALK MY DOGS THERE AT THIS PARK, GONNA DO IT NOW!!!!

OH OH """ POOPIE FINE HERE WE COME"""" LOL. BEFORE I FORGET, YES PORT "DICK MAKES ME CHUCKLE.

I'M CONFUSED," YOU DON'T WANT TO WALK WITH THE DOGS AT THE PARK, RIGHT?" THEN GIVE THEM THEIR SPACE AND DON'T WALK WITH THEM. THEY PROBABLY LOOK UP AT YOU AND SAY" WHO THE HELL IS THIS WALKING WITH ME"" LOL.

HMMMM SECOND POINT. FROM DOGS TO WALKWAYS COVERED IN ICE, OLDER PEOPLE WALKING AND FALLING! LIFT YOUR FEET UP WHEN YOU WALK. JUST MIGHT BE SURPRISED NO ONE FALLS.

DO YOU GO TO THIS PARK TO FIND PROBLEMS? MAYBE YOU SHOULD SET UP THE "PORT I AM A DICK" PARK PATROL COMMITTEE".

SO AMUSED BY ALL THIS NONSENSE.

Guest Guest
I HAVE THAT ANSWER FOR YOU. BECAUSE HIS HEAD IS UP THERE!!!

I HAVE TWO BIG DOGS AND I LIVE IN APALACHIN, I REALLY REALLY WANT TO WALK MY DOGS THERE AT THIS PARK, GONNA DO IT NOW!!!!

OH OH """ POOPIE FINE HERE WE COME"""" LOL. BEFORE I FORGET, YES PORT "DICK MAKES ME CHUCKLE.

This is the only part of your rant that I even bothered to read. Thanks! :lol:

Guest Guest

Walk where there is no snow then bozo. You don't own the world. Dogs are allowed there so get used to it.

Guest Guest

I don't care what the sign says. I'll take my dog to Port Dick park. What are you people going to do about it? Call the cops! HA! Get a life people. The dogs aren't hurting a thing at the park.

Guest Guest
I suppose you also lose control of your bladder when someone says "poopie" or "peepee" or "caca".

Oh, don't pay attention to this post. It's just the negative blaster poster at work.

I don't care what the sign says. I'll take my dog to Port Dick park. What are you people going to do about it? Call the cops! HA! Get a life people. The dogs aren't hurting a thing at the park.

Don't kid yourself. To the Port Dick Police, this would be treated as a class A felony. I also am guilty. I take some of my dogs down there on occasion on weekends in the early morning hours, just for a change of pace for them. And yes Toop, I'm one of the ones that feed the militant squirrels and chipmunks, peanuts. They're so cute...you rattle the bag and they come out of the woodwork. I do pick up after my dogs, unlike the ducks and geese who poop like dogs...it's everywhere. Yes, they have rules, but rules are meant to be broken.

Archived