Port Dick Park Walker

Guest Port Dick Walker

The heart of the matter is this, no dogs allowed means no dogs allowed. there are reasons for that so walking a dog in a

park that is posted no dogs allowed is a blatant violation of the parks rules.

if you want to walk a dog there simply get contact the town and have them make a ruling stating dogs are allowed.

Arrogance can get people in trouble.

You tell em sponge brain oops I mean sponge bruceth!!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Once we took our dog there because we didn't see the tiny sign driving in. When we got to the bench overlooking the river there was a family there (the families that all wear the same print clothing- dad, mom and about 8 kids and they look like they are from the 1800's) As we got close to them they were all chanting "there's no dogs allowed in the park" and then the dad said "You know, there's no dogs allowed in the park" IT WAS CREEPY!!! I was speechless so I looked at the kids and said you don't have to live like this!! And laughed in their faces and walked away. So that's how we found out about the no dogs rule. FUNNY!!!

If you don't know much about Port Dick, you obviously don't live here. I'll tell you the problem with me not being able to walk my dog at Port Dick Park. For one, the Park is a few blocks down Chenango Street from my house. Second, I pay village taxes and have a right to express my opinion about the topic (you DO NOT pay village taxes, so you don't have a right to tell your opinion). Third, are you serious about people being afraid of dogs that are leashed?? How is someone going to get hurt if your dog is leashed. Grow up people.

[1]Ok, it doesn't matter if you live there, or pay taxes there - if the park has a rule that prohibits dogs from being walked there, then you don't walk your dogs there - simple as that. If you have a problem with that rule, then petition to have it changed - until then, abide by the rule. Is it that hard? [2]The fear of dogs (cynophobia) is real, and is going to remain real regardless of a dog being leashed.

Guest Guest
[1]Ok, it doesn't matter if you live there, or pay taxes there - if the park has a rule that prohibits dogs from being walked there, then you don't walk your dogs there - simple as that. If you have a problem with that rule, then petition to have it changed - until then, abide by the rule. Is it that hard? [2]The fear of dogs (cynophobia) is real, and is going to remain real regardless of a dog being leashed.

I'm still going to walk my dog there and I'm not going to petition to get the law changed. Cynophobia!! HA!!! Come on, get real. Did you actually google "fear of dogs"?? I bet you did!! HA!!

I'm still going to walk my dog there and I'm not going to petition to get the law changed. Cynophobia!! HA!!! Come on, get real. Did you actually google "fear of dogs"?? I bet you did!! HA!!

Thats fine, don't petition. Get in trouble, and come in here and complain about how all you were doing was walking your dog, and the police singled you out. You are like every other idiot that comes on this site and complains about something, but refuses to do anything about it.

I did not google that, because I used to have that phobia growing up.

Thats fine, don't petition. Get in trouble, and come in here and complain about how all you were doing was walking your dog, and the police singled you out. You are like every other idiot that comes on this site and complains about something, but refuses to do anything about it.

I did not google that, because I used to have that phobia growing up.

I have a phobia also!!! MORONIC replys like this!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Guess what you dog walkers? Go down and walk em tomorrow (Wednesday) but bring your wallet because the police WILL be enforcing the No Dogs Sign.

so there! don't say you weren't warned. and stop feeding the wild animals, too.

IT's the law.

this is a land of laws if you didn't know.

stay on the paths too, bicycles to the right, counterclockwise. all else clockwise.

Guest Guest
If you don't know much about Port Dick, you obviously don't live here. I'll tell you the problem with me not being able to walk my dog at Port Dick Park. For one, the Park is a few blocks down Chenango Street from my house. Second, I pay village taxes and have a right to express my opinion about the topic (you DO NOT pay village taxes, so you don't have a right to tell your opinion). Third, are you serious about people being afraid of dogs that are leashed?? How is someone going to get hurt if your dog is leashed. Grow up people.

Always a egocentric clown like this on here. "I follow the rules I want and those that I don't like, well, I'll just do as I see fit because I am the only person who counts in this world."

Suggested reading: Everything I Needed to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten (it's a book by the way)

Second suggestion: Try just THINKING about the Golden Rule.

I just don't get how people can actually be so incredibly self centered and selfish. Some people ARE deathly afraid of dogs....I don't happen to be one of them but I am friends with someone who is really and truely terrified...even the smallest of dogs....because she was bitten in the face by a small dog when she was a child. It isn't such an unusual phobia (guess you don't get out much if you don't know that).

So sheesh, try to understand that the CONVENIENCE of being able to walk your dog 2 blocks from your house just might not outweigh the fact that some others would never use the park because of that fear.

And, by the way, I DO live in Port Dick and I take my dog to Otsiningo because I WAS raised to consider the rights and needs of others. Consider taking your dog to Otsiningo as a good deed...it really is.

[/size]Guess what you dog walkers? Go down and walk em tomorrow (Wednesday) but bring your wallet because the police WILL be enforcing the No Dogs Sign.

so there! don't say you weren't warned. and stop feeding the wild animals, too.

IT's the law.

this is a land of laws if you didn't know.

stay on the paths too, bicycles to the right, counterclockwise. all else clockwise.

Wha wha wha ya frikin whiner!!!!! Thanks for the heads up, I'll walk em Thursday instead and Friday also. Plus bring food for the wild animals. Yum Yum!!!!

bicycles to the left, off road on the path, go counterclock wise.!!!!!!

Guest the biggestlosersucks

I am a Port dick resident and am glad that there are no dogs allowed. When my daughter was 3 she was bit by a neighbors dog. she is getting over her fear, but is still not comfortable playing at Otsinengo or other places. Because PD has a rule, i know i can take her down there whenever I want and not worry about her getting upset and scared. It isn't every dog in the world's fault she got bit, but I am responsible enough to avoid other places- or prepare her when we go to them. PD is our little sanctuary beacause it doesn't stress her out, and she can enjoy being 7.

on occasionjs when i have encountered people in the park with dogs i have approached them and informed them of the rule. almost without fail, they are combative. They say they know but don't care. Very similar to the attitudes of entitlement i have observed in this thread. I politely scoop up my little ones and head home and inform the police if that is the reception i receive. i hope they get heavily fined.

here's the bottom line. i have earned the right to live in a community as nice as Port Dick. I willingly pay higher taxes so I can enjoy things like a private police force and a dogless park. I participate in the government enough to let Kevin , Jim Degenarro and the others know what I want. i put in a new sidewalk when the town says to. I follow the rules, and expect others to be punished when they don't.

Guest Guest
I can only imagine what your attitude was when approaching those people, judging by what you've smeared on this forum in the past.

:rolleyes:

the ideas i post on a forum and they way i behave with my kids are obviously different.

what should I do differently in this situation?

Guest TBLSucks
How about act the same way all the time, rather than Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde?

Are you serious? I'm not allowed to express my opinions on a forum in a certain way, but then turn around and politely ask someone who is breaking the law to stop doing so?

how does that even make sense?

I do- I'm 100% straghtforward and honest all the time.

thanks for proving I am straightforward and honest all the time.

What does my opinion re: fat slobs have to do with my opinion of people breaking the law and flaunting it?

Rumor has it, Trent Patterson walks his beagle down there on Saturday mornings. Maybe you should confront him and "kill two birds with one stone"! I sense somebody itching for a fight on here...but it's not you!!!

Guest tblsucks
Rumor has it, Trent Patterson walks his beagle down there on Saturday mornings. Maybe you should confront him and "kill two birds with one stone"! I sense somebody itching for a fight on here...but it's not you!!!

that was funny

I'm right on the dog thing

I am a Port dick resident and am glad that there are no dogs allowed. When my daughter was 3 she was bit by a neighbors dog. she is getting over her fear, but is still not comfortable playing at Otsinengo or other places. Because PD has a rule, i know i can take her down there whenever I want and not worry about her getting upset and scared. It isn't every dog in the world's fault she got bit, but I am responsible enough to avoid other places- or prepare her when we go to them. PD is our little sanctuary beacause it doesn't stress her out, and she can enjoy being 7.

on occasionjs when i have encountered people in the park with dogs i have approached them and informed them of the rule. almost without fail, they are combative. They say they know but don't care. Very similar to the attitudes of entitlement i have observed in this thread. I politely scoop up my little ones and head home and inform the police if that is the reception i receive. i hope they get heavily fined.

here's the bottom line. i have earned the right to live in a community as nice as Port Dick. I willingly pay higher taxes so I can enjoy things like a private police force and a dogless park. I participate in the government enough to let Kevin , Jim Degenarro and the others know what I want. i put in a new sidewalk when the town says to. I follow the rules, and expect others to be punished when they don't.

Like you said" it's all about you"" and what YOU want!!!! ARF ARF

Archived