Port Dick Park Walker

Guest Port Dick Walker

that was funny

I'm right on the dog thing

LOL...yeah, you're right on the dog thing. I was just posting on the board this weekend to "egg" some people on, and have some fun. I've said before, my dogs don't leave their backyard, they're too old...they just graze. The trip to the park would leave them short of breath. I do confess, that I took my first rescue pug down there a couple of times a few summers ago, knowingly fully well that was the rule. When a lady pointed it out, I've never taken any of my dogs back there. Besides, we have a nice long walking trail along side the railroad tracks in Hillcrest, if any of my dogs get the ooomph!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL...yeah, you're right on the dog thing. I was just posting on the board this weekend to "egg" some people on, and have some fun. I've said before, my dogs don't leave their backyard, they're too old...they just graze. The trip to the park would leave them short of breath. I do confess, that I took my first rescue pug down there a couple of times a few summers ago, knowingly fully well that was the rule. When a lady pointed it out, I've never taken any of my dogs back there. Besides, we have a nice long walking trail along side the railroad tracks in Hillcrest, if any of my dogs get the ooomph!!!

You need to stop the railroad track walk.

My dad use to walk his dog and the vet said to stop due to the pollutants in the dirt. They sniff to much and causes respiratory distraught.

no joke SIH!

You need to stop the railroad track walk.

My dad use to walk his dog and the vet said to stop due to the pollutants in the dirt. They sniff to much and causes respiratory distraught.

no joke SIH!

Wrap, your dad's probably right, and I'll keep that in mind in the future...I never really thought about that, especially with pugs, who have respiratory difficulties to begin with. For now, I got three old pugs who won't leave the backyard, and a 14 year old german shepherd who could probably get to the tracks, but I'd have to call a cab to get her back home! Thanks for the advice.

Guest slowpoke
Wrap, your dad's probably right, and I'll keep that in mind in the future...I never really thought about that, especially with pugs, who have respiratory difficulties to begin with. For now, I got three old pugs who won't leave the backyard, and a 14 year old german shepherd who could probably get to the tracks, but I'd have to call a cab to get her back home! Thanks for the advice.

Is there some good varmint huntin on the tracks?

Guest Guest
I suppose you also lose control of your bladder when someone says "poopie" or "peepee" or "caca".

Givem a role of toilet paper & he's off to the hoo hoo hotel.

Pal, you got to get out a bit more than you do now.

I am a Port dick resident and am glad that there are no dogs allowed. When my daughter was 3 she was bit by a neighbors dog. she is getting over her fear, but is still not comfortable playing at Otsinengo or other places. Because PD has a rule, i know i can take her down there whenever I want and not worry about her getting upset and scared. It isn't every dog in the world's fault she got bit, but I am responsible enough to avoid other places- or prepare her when we go to them. PD is our little sanctuary beacause it doesn't stress her out, and she can enjoy being 7.

on occasionjs when i have encountered people in the park with dogs i have approached them and informed them of the rule. almost without fail, they are combative. They say they know but don't care. Very similar to the attitudes of entitlement i have observed in this thread. I politely scoop up my little ones and head home and inform the police if that is the reception i receive. i hope they get heavily fined.

here's the bottom line. i have earned the right to live in a community as nice as Port Dick. I willingly pay higher taxes so I can enjoy things like a private police force and a dogless park. I participate in the government enough to let Kevin , Jim Degenarro and the others know what I want. i put in a new sidewalk when the town says to. I follow the rules, and expect others to be punished when they don't.

INTERESTING, NEIGHBORS DOG BIT YOUR DAUGHTERBUT NOT IN THE PARK. PEOPLE COMBATIVE WHEN YOU RECITE THE RULES? THE MESSAGE IS MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. MAYBE THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU TO GET A LIFE AND STOP BEING SO ANNOYING.

Ok, if I go to a park that has as its rule "no dogs," then I have a certain expectation of there being no dogs. If someone wants to bring their dog to the park, then that is on them; however, I am not going to recite the rules of the park, but they live with the consequences of their actions.

INTERESTING, NEIGHBORS DOG BIT YOUR DAUGHTERBUT NOT IN THE PARK...

Where she was bit is inconsequential - the fact is that she was bit by a dog, and now has phobia of them. Do you honestly think that her phobia of dogs is going to stop at the entrance to the park?

Guest Guest
Ok, if I go to a park that has as its rule "no dogs," then I have a certain expectation of there being no dogs. If someone wants to bring their dog to the park, then that is on them; however, I am not going to recite the rules of the park, but they live with the consequences of their actions.

Where she was bit is inconsequential - the fact is that she was bit by a dog, and now has phobia of them. Do you honestly think that her phobia of dogs is going to stop at the entrance to the park?

Inconsequential....HA!! You kill me!! Do these words come out of your mouth when you talk too?? You sound like a politician!!

Guest TBLsucks
INTERESTING, NEIGHBORS DOG BIT YOUR DAUGHTERBUT NOT IN THE PARK. PEOPLE COMBATIVE WHEN YOU RECITE THE RULES? THE MESSAGE IS MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. MAYBE THEY ARE TRYING TO TELL YOU TO GET A LIFE AND STOP BEING SO ANNOYING.

<_<

yeah, way to take delight in my 3 year old being injured.

The neighbors (who we are friends with, btw) dog bit my daughter in an effort to tell me to mind my own business. I'm not sure it's possible for you to have even dreamed up anything more ridiculous.

my daughter didn't get bit i the park because the majority of the people in our community respect the law, as decided on by our residents. A lot of people do mistakenly bring their dogs in and leave when informed of the rules without mailce. It's just the self important a-holes who think they can do what they want and flaunt the rules that have an issue when approached that need to be dealt with

Guest tblsucks

Ok, but don't you think it is appropriate for people who do follow the rules to ask that they be enforced, if that's what the greater good wants?

i could just get on my celly and call the PDPD (they'd be there in 5 minutes), but I think that's chickens*t and unnecessary, when i can approach the violator man to man and ask them to respect the rules

Guest Guest
Ok, but don't you think it is appropriate for people who do follow the rules to ask that they be enforced, if that's what the greater good wants?

i could just get on my celly and call the PDPD (they'd be there in 5 minutes), but I think that's chickens*t and unnecessary, when i can approach the violator man to man and ask them to respect the rules

I think you are fighting a loosing battle. Most people who's lives revolve around their pets are just trying to make up for the failures in their lives. Most probably failed as parents and as a spouse.

Sure you can approach them, but is it really necessary? I mean, I am all for following the rules, but not at the potential risk of my well-being by confronting a person who isn't.

Guest Guest

I've was thinking things are getting pretty dull on bcvoice and I noticed this thread with so many hits and I decided to have a look. Wow! It is getting dull.

Archived