1979 UE Football or 1985 BHS Football Team?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hey genius, the majority of the time you do win games against teams you have more talent than. It says they won the stac championship. They beat every team in stac who would have had a chance at the championship. It also says they were RANKED #1 in NYS. Not that they won a State Championship. So, whoever did all the work, and put together the site, did NOT mis-represent what they did. They put it exactly how it was. So, what was carried away?

exaggerating the challenges that took place that year. there were none. they were mythical state champs. all their shirts and trinkets say "79 NY state champs". it was high school. to carry on about like it was some sports dream and make a dvd out of it is ridiculous. it's adults, who have no other things that define themselves as adults, make themselves feel important again. it's a joke.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exaggerating the challenges that took place that year. there were none. they were mythical state champs. all their shirts and trinkets say "79 NY state champs". it was high school. to carry on about like it was some sports dream and make a dvd out of it is ridiculous. it's adults, who have no other things that define themselves as adults, make themselves feel important again. it's a joke.

Kind of like you're a joke Rotator Cuff Injury Guy. Nothing is a bigger joke than you coming on this forum and telling everybody you were a minor league baseball pitcher until that career ending rotator cuff injury. Also your D1 Basketball prospects. You knew all the players and coaches from that '79 UE team, huh? Gimme a break. According to you, you're not even from this area.

Guest Tiger for Life

Youre the joke and a troll. Just love to say stuff to get people going. Get off of this thread. It's for people who watched and appreciated these teams, have played on them or know people who did. You've ruined it enough. You seriously need to get a life and get off BCVoice. You add nothing and are nothing.

Guest AgingUETiger

Talk about a blast from the past. Where is Scott Gerdus these days? He was like the Tazmanian Devil. The '85 BHS team, just like the '79 UE team just had everything working at the right time. The Perfect Storm so to speak of talent, role players and kids who just got along and played well together. This area will be VERY lucky if another team like those two comes around again. Just look at the memories these 2 teams have invoked. One of the longest running threads on BCVoice with a lot of decent debate. I'd love to put together a video of the '85 Team (also the basketball team), but the last I talked with my parents they can't find any yearbooks or any of the VHS tapes from all the games that were televised by WBNG.

You should seriously consider contacting former players and family.  Not only are there parents but there are aunts and uncles and friends of the family and somebody will have that material.  That's how this whole thing got started for our UE thing.

I had not seen most of my fellow teammates in about 25 years since I don't live in the area anymore.  Then one of our teammates passes on last year and everyone starts contacting each other talking about getting together for a reunion.  Then I think we should put together a simple highlight film of old photos and news articles to show at the get together then before you know it someone has home movies and someone else has the radio broadcasts.

This project started out as just something to share with the guys for our reunion night.  Something for shits and giggles over a beer and something for everyone to take home and enjoy.  Well it steam rolled out of control and there you have it. The target audience was just our group.  Watergate wasn't intended to be public but it made history and so did the 79 Tigers.

Just the facts, no exaggerations,  and I have something to show my son what hard work and effort can get you if you believe in something.  Trust me there was a lot of hard work and sweat that went into that season.  Nothing comes easy in life even though it looks easy on film.  There has been alot of banter on this thread bad mouthing the 79 Tigers and the 85 Patriots.  Anybody can be an arm chair quarterback and say whatever they want.  Most of them may have played some of them probably never and both are evidently jealous of the teams success.  Quite frankly I don't give a damn. 

Guest Guest

hahahahahaha....are you really that pathetic that something like that bothers you?

Guest Guest

Kind of like you're a joke Rotator Cuff Injury Guy. Nothing is a bigger joke than you coming on this forum and telling everybody you were a minor league baseball pitcher until that career ending rotator cuff injury. Also your D1 Basketball prospects. You knew all the players and coaches from that '79 UE team, huh? Gimme a break. According to you, you're not even from this area.

are you still in the 93 percentile???? knew every one of them and still do.

Guest Guest

are you still in the 93 percentile???? knew every one of them and still do.

So you played on the '79 UE team? Or you played in the Marching Band? We'd all love to hear how you know every member of the 1979 UE football team and still do.

Guest Guest

So you played on the '79 UE team? Or you played in the Marching Band? We'd all love to hear how you know every member of the 1979 UE football team and still do.

He doesn't know squat and never did squat. He was pressed about his pro baseball career and cracked under pressure. Even saying he's not from this area. Don't feed the Troll. Just ignore him. He won't go away, but just responding to him just encourages him more. Forget him and lets stay on topic.

Guest Guest

He doesn't know squat and never did squat. He was pressed about his pro baseball career and cracked under pressure. Even saying he's not from this area. Don't feed the Troll. Just ignore him. He won't go away, but just responding to him just encourages him more. Forget him and lets stay on topic.

i've proven you wrong everytime. jealousy and idiocy aren't a good combo. talk about whatever you want. i'm done with you clowns.

Guest Guest

i've proven you wrong everytime. jealousy and idiocy aren't a good combo. talk about whatever you want. i'm done with you clowns.

You've proven nothing!

You are nothing!

Go away once and for all!

Guest Guest

I own all you Section 4 bitches...all of you! Yes... all of you baby-ass bcvoice pansies. booyah!!!!

Guest Johnny Wishbone

You should seriously consider contacting former players and family.  Not only are there parents but there are aunts and uncles and friends of the family and somebody will have that material.  That's how this whole thing got started for our UE thing.

I had not seen most of my fellow teammates in about 25 years since I don't live in the area anymore.  Then one of our teammates passes on last year and everyone starts contacting each other talking about getting together for a reunion.  Then I think we should put together a simple highlight film of old photos and news articles to show at the get together then before you know it someone has home movies and someone else has the radio broadcasts.

This project started out as just something to share with the guys for our reunion night.  Something for shits and giggles over a beer and something for everyone to take home and enjoy.  Well it steam rolled out of control and there you have it. The target audience was just our group.  Watergate wasn't intended to be public but it made history and so did the 79 Tigers.

Just the facts, no exaggerations,  and I have something to show my son what hard work and effort can get you if you believe in something.  Trust me there was a lot of hard work and sweat that went into that season.  Nothing comes easy in life even though it looks easy on film.  There has been alot of banter on this thread bad mouthing the 79 Tigers and the 85 Patriots.  Anybody can be an arm chair quarterback and say whatever they want.  Most of them may have played some of them probably never and both are evidently jealous of the teams success.  Quite frankly I don't give a damn. 

Well great job guys. A copy of that should go to the school, make it an annual ritual to play for the guys after the kickoff bbq, before the first double session. Also, a classy way to remember Kenny Tatko at the end. Be proud of it fellas.

• 5 months later...

This 2011 ME team is probably as good as the 1985 Patriot team and 1979 UE team. The offense is high scoring like them and the defense is a roadblock. Tigers lose on saturday. A Spartan dynasty is born again.

This 2011 ME team is probably as good as the 1985 Patriot team and 1979 UE team. The offense is high scoring like them and the defense is a roadblock. Tigers lose on saturday. A Spartan dynasty is born again.

For your sake I hope that you aren’t really dumb enough to believe that!.

• 1 year later...

This debate will never end.

Might as well keep it going

If the damn Mayan's were half as good as many thought, this debate would have ended last month!

I think 79/80 UE wins the football game and 85/86 BHS wins the basketball game.

But either team was capable of beating the other on any given night

I'll give UE 1 win in 20 against that BHS basketball team

If the football teams played 10 times, BHS takes it 7 out of 10

Can someone please post both team rosters? Names, height, weight, positions yr. thank you

That's about the ONLY information not on the U-E 1979 Football Team page. They have tons or articles, scores, audio of every game but conveniently do not have the roster there. Why? Because they were small in size in comparison to teams of today.

I'm giving a straight up game to Bing for the win, until the UE lovers post a roster on here. I wanna see a 160 lb. OL for UE go up against Middlebrooks at 240 lb at LB.

I'm giving a straight up game to Bing for the win, until the UE lovers post a roster on here. I wanna see a 160 lb. OL for UE go up against Middlebrooks at 240 lb at LB.

Stop the Binghamton BS. Middlebrooks was only in 10th grade that year and he was not close to 240 pounds

How big was King Rice? 5'11" 185 or so? Middlebrooks was huge...at least 6'4" 230. How big was Coleman? 6'4" 190 or so? Weren't they all the same class & year?

Archived