new restuarant

mulligan

Guest Guest
On Craigslist? and you just open and two people walk out oh right nothing wrong just Binghamton my bad you are right.LOL Chef at #5 right.

Yes, on Craigslist, even for white-collar management positions, you bumpkin. What rock have you been living under?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/acc/

http://newyork.craigslist.org/sof/

http://chicago.craigslist.org/acc/

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sof/

Even on the local, I do notice that Domino's Pizza, Sears, Wendy's, Culligan, Gault Auto, the Boys & Girls Club, Lalor Creekside Dental are all hiring on Craigslist, as well. What, is that a sign that they're all failing, too? Accountants, software developers, engineers...

People who run grills for a living do have a funny way of being unreliable. Maybe they didn't walk out, maybe they got themselves fired.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

Yes, on Craigslist, even for white-collar management positions, you bumpkin. What rock have you been living under?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/acc/

http://newyork.craigslist.org/sof/

http://chicago.craigslist.org/acc/

http://chicago.craigslist.org/sof/

Even on the local, I do notice that Domino's Pizza, Sears, Wendy's, Culligan, Gault Auto, the Boys & Girls Club, Lalor Creekside Dental are all hiring on Craigslist, as well. What, is that a sign that they're all failing, too? Accountants, software developers, engineers...

People who run grills for a living do have a funny way of being unreliable. Maybe they didn't walk out, maybe they got themselves fired.

That was so easy. Your new world order Craiglist spam central be held up as the place to find a job. Four people said it would never happen. Two of us were sure you were out there thank you. You are proof of the stupid is the new world order. Plus you got us free lunch.

Guest Guest
Your new world order Craiglist spam central be held up as the place to find a job....You are proof of the stupid is the new world order

Nobody looks for jobs online, right? They're all in the newspaper classifieds.

You're an idiot, and that's reflected in your 6th grade writing skills, Jethro.

Guest Guest

Nobody looks for jobs online, right? They're all in the newspaper classifieds.

You're an idiot, and that's reflected in your 6th grade writing skills, Jethro.

Talking about Craigslist not real job sites.

You truly are the gift that keeps giving.

We baited you Grammar and spelling police. You won us $20.00 USD.

We should of bet you would use name calling.

Sometimes it is better to think past the first thing.

Guest Guest

I like how you begin and end your post with the exact same sentence.

You are right, and that's because after a while they realize they can't afford the "chef". In this area, a line cook gets around $8.00 - $8.50 an hour and a "chef" makes no more than $15.00 hr. If they're are lucky!! Factor in the cost of food, operating expenses and the FACT that no one wants to pay market price for a decent meal it a losing proposition. YOu'd have to be crazy to want to own or operate a restaurant in this cheap town.

Guest Guest

You are right, and that's because after a while they realize they can't afford the "chef". In this area, a line cook gets around $8.00 - $8.50 an hour and a "chef" makes no more than $15.00 hr. If they're are lucky!! Factor in the cost of food, operating expenses and the FACT that no one wants to pay market price for a decent meal it a losing proposition. YOu'd have to be crazy to want to own or operate a restaurant in this cheap town.

FACT? You got something to back that up with or do you live in a world where opinions=fact?

Guest Guest
Talking about Craigslist not real job sites.

LOL. OK, whatever makes you and your imaginary friends happy, guy. Meanwhile, law firms and top-tier employers like Bloomberg and Google advertise their openings on that "fake" job site. There's a whole big world out there that you apparently don't know about. You got caught being clueless, and you're embarrassing yourself trying to defend it.

We baited you

Sure. Nobody's ever tried the "I was just trolling!" defense before.

Here's a helpful hint: if you're wondering why you can't seem to get a decent job, it's because even when you're obviously making an effort to write well, it still looks like you learned English at a call center in India. Have your cover letter and resume reviewed by somebody who can see the mistakes in what you just wrote.

You can choose not to be ignorant.

Guest guest adult

On CFJ Blvd. in JC where Lubners' was there refinishing that place into a new bar. I heard it's going to be an "adult" club.

Good. We need antoher strip joint. I'm looking forward to it.

Guest Guest

LOL. OK, whatever makes you and your imaginary friends happy, guy. Meanwhile, law firms and top-tier employers like Bloomberg and Google advertise their openings on that "fake" job site. There's a whole big world out there that you apparently don't know about. You got caught being clueless, and you're embarrassing yourself trying to defend it.

Sure. Nobody's ever tried the "I was just trolling!" defense before.

Here's a helpful hint: if you're wondering why you can't seem to get a decent job, it's because even when you're obviously making an effort to write well, it still looks like you learned English at a call center in India. Have your cover letter and resume reviewed by somebody who can see the mistakes in what you just wrote.

You can choose not to be ignorant.

Please shut up you are costing us more money. No way, you are gift that keeps giving.

Guest Guest

On CFJ Blvd. in JC where Lubners' was there refinishing that place into a new bar. I heard it's going to be an "adult" club.

Good, after a shopping trip to Walmart I can continue the enjoyment of watching cows strut their stuff(more fat).

Going to have fire station 3 there and serve donuts for the police.

Guest Guest

Good, after a shopping trip to Walmart I can continue the enjoyment of watching cows strut their stuff(more fat).

Great, Hope so can not wait. Great thinking. Rebuilding Broome county one business at a time.

Guest Guest

Are you always this ignorant?

Guest Number 5

I'm an employee of Number 5 and Lampy's and more importantly, Jim Mccoy and have been for the most part of the last 10 years. I find it absolutely amazing that Jim is bashed on this forum by people that don't even know him.

Yes he's tough and he expects you to do your job correctly and adhere to the rules and regulations of the restaurant but how does that make him an asshole?

Turnover in the restaurant business is big and for us, training is difficult and a lot of people can't make it through, again, not a short fall of our restaurants, you've got to be tough to handle working here. That being said, our turnover rate is actually very little. Even Number 5's main dishwasher has been there for 12 years. In most restaurants they don't last 12 days. Most of the service staff has been there for four to 27 years. Jim always employs college students so yes they come and go, but many of them stay if they're in the area. The kitchen manager has been with Jim for 23 years, the executive chef, for over 7 EVEN THOUGH he now is successfully running his own place. The current manager has been there over 20 years and the manager of Lampy's has been with us for 10 years. Even Cindy, our cocktail waitress has beenw ith us since October of 1982. Does she hate Jim? I hardly think so considering she asked him to give her away at her wedding last summer.

For both of these reasons Number 5 has been here for 33 years, we must be doing something right.

On a further note, I'm certain that Number 5 and Lampy's lead the area in charitable donations and Jim is always there to help with benefits especially where children are concerned.

Is every dining experience perfect? Hell no, but the vast majority are and if we have the option to make up for a bad experience we always do.

As for the 2 new restaurants, one of which is unjustly baing trashed on this forum, they were opened by current or former employees of Number 5/ Lampy's. None of the 3 current/former employees opened their own place because they couldn't stand Jim or working at his places but rather because he gave them a solid restaurant education and nobody is more proud of their accomplishments than Jim. Former McCOy employees have gone out on their own at least 8 times. That's not something he's ashamed of but something he's very proud of. I personally know all 3 of these new restauranteurs and would dare say they are not just former coworkers but friends and they deserve to be successful and they certainly don't deserve the disrespect they're getting because they worked at Number 5. This forum, this nonsense of bashing businesses is a it out of control. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but why can't we just stick to the facts and stop making stuff up.

No Jim isn't writing this, I am and I think it's a fair assumption to say that everything I've said would be seconded by anyone employed with us as well as many of our former employees.

People who work hard deserve what they earn hence why Buger Monday's and Remlik's will both do just fine with their success. So instead of getting on here and slamming them and their owners just because they will be competition for us, like so many of the users do, I'd like to say congrats to Matt, Mike, and Whisky. You're all great guys with great ideas and I and Jim wish you the best of luck with your ventures.

I know it's a bit of a stretch but can people just act like grown ups when using this site? It's worse than a political campaign.

Guest Guest

I'm an employee of Number 5 and Lampy's and more importantly, Jim Mccoy and have been for the most part of the last 10 years. I find it absolutely amazing that Jim is bashed on this forum by people that don't even know him.

Yes he's tough and he expects you to do your job correctly and adhere to the rules and regulations of the restaurant but how does that make him an asshole?

Turnover in the restaurant business is big and for us, training is difficult and a lot of people can't make it through, again, not a short fall of our restaurants, you've got to be tough to handle working here. That being said, our turnover rate is actually very little. Even Number 5's main dishwasher has been there for 12 years. In most restaurants they don't last 12 days. Most of the service staff has been there for four to 27 years. Jim always employs college students so yes they come and go, but many of them stay if they're in the area. The kitchen manager has been with Jim for 23 years, the executive chef, for over 7 EVEN THOUGH he now is successfully running his own place. The current manager has been there over 20 years and the manager of Lampy's has been with us for 10 years. Even Cindy, our cocktail waitress has beenw ith us since October of 1982. Does she hate Jim? I hardly think so considering she asked him to give her away at her wedding last summer.

For both of these reasons Number 5 has been here for 33 years, we must be doing something right.

On a further note, I'm certain that Number 5 and Lampy's lead the area in charitable donations and Jim is always there to help with benefits especially where children are concerned.

Is every dining experience perfect? Hell no, but the vast majority are and if we have the option to make up for a bad experience we always do.

As for the 2 new restaurants, one of which is unjustly baing trashed on this forum, they were opened by current or former employees of Number 5/ Lampy's. None of the 3 current/former employees opened their own place because they couldn't stand Jim or working at his places but rather because he gave them a solid restaurant education and nobody is more proud of their accomplishments than Jim. Former McCOy employees have gone out on their own at least 8 times. That's not something he's ashamed of but something he's very proud of. I personally know all 3 of these new restauranteurs and would dare say they are not just former coworkers but friends and they deserve to be successful and they certainly don't deserve the disrespect they're getting because they worked at Number 5. This forum, this nonsense of bashing businesses is a it out of control. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but why can't we just stick to the facts and stop making stuff up.

No Jim isn't writing this, I am and I think it's a fair assumption to say that everything I've said would be seconded by anyone employed with us as well as many of our former employees.

People who work hard deserve what they earn hence why Buger Monday's and Remlik's will both do just fine with their success. So instead of getting on here and slamming them and their owners just because they will be competition for us, like so many of the users do, I'd like to say congrats to Matt, Mike, and Whisky. You're all great guys with great ideas and I and Jim wish you the best of luck with your ventures.

I know it's a bit of a stretch but can people just act like grown ups when using this site? It's worse than a political campaign.

Are you forgetting how your boss has tried to get his place torn down for years? Politics are a business too. Just sayin' ...

Guest Guest

Why don't you identify yourself. The letter would have more meaning if you did.

Guest Guest

You have no knowledge of the turn over rate in the area. You would be very surprised how many cooks and kitchen help get let go after a year because they want a raise. How many places open with great food and then the owner hires $8.00 cooks and kicks the chef to the curb. You have no knowledge of the turn over rate in the area.

This sounds like that place in Apalachin.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest dog

Why is it most of us guys hate to go to Lost Dog and our wives love it?? I'll admit I have never had a bad meal there, but would rather have a colonoscopy than to go there!!

Archived