2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

It's almost like a wierd parent or even the Elmira coaching staff sometimes posts stuff on here, does anyone else get that opinion? They seem to be the only ones defending theirselves?

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Giorgio Chinalgia

No defense needed. The wins and the past success of EFA and it's coach do the talking. Why is that so hard for you to understand ?

Most knowledgable fans of local HS soccer are well aware of this.

I am not from Elmira, nor do I have any vested interest in their program.

Just stating facts.

I am not saying they are world beaters either - just saying they are a team / program to look out for in the years to come. Especially with a larger pool of talent to draw from now with the meger of 2 districts (EFA/ESS) and one of the top coaches in Section IV.

It's terrible to take anything away from a team that won those two matches. Shame on some of you people. Ithaca outshot Elmira, yes...and Ithaca was the better team; however, it was not anywhere close to 22-1. The paper said 11 shots to 5 on goal. Not to mention Elmira had a great gameplan and stuck to it, not to mention that Alex V. didn't even play.

The M-E/Elmira game last night was also inaccurate by the poster. Kosecke was out. Ok, so what. I noticed some Elmira player hurt as well. Elmira was the better team last night and looked like the more dangerous team.

The original post wasn't to state that Elmira is strong this season. I don't think they are...however, a knowledgable coaching staff seems to be putting it together after a tough transition in terms of the merger. They will be a force in AA within the next few seasons, much like EFA was in class A.

Why was Alex V and Koseke put pf the game? I wold expect that it has to be due to cards or injury. After seeing Alex V scream at the referee at UE I would expect he has to many cards??

Elmira will definently an upcoming power with that win against corning..oh wait that's right corning beat them 3-1...

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken didn't UE beat Elmira up in Elmira 3-1? And ME beat UE 2-0 I think? Plus Corning is on a down year, no offense. AA is much harder to succeed in than A. That jump in class makes a pretty big difference.

Watched the UE-Vestal Game last saturday. Despite the scoreline, it was a pretty good game. It was nice to see Vestal have to actually keep its starters in for almost the whole game. UE must have played some of the best soccer they have all season, they had chances against the best team in the area hands down. Clark and Economou finally had a challenge in the middle, as Mastronardi and McGraw played very well for Union Endicott.

Vestal leaves in their starters for most every game, haha...Murph subs real late in matches. The UE thing is no surprise. They are a very good team this year, probably the #2 team in all of STAC at this moment.

High school soccer is all about match ups. Each team matches up differently. Elmira's strength is that they are big and strong this fall, so when the going gets tough, they are able to body up. That was probably the difference in both of their wins vs. Ithaca, and ME.

Not sure what happened yesterday.

Watched the UE-Vestal Game last saturday. Despite the scoreline, it was a pretty good game. It was nice to see Vestal have to actually keep its starters in for almost the whole game. UE must have played some of the best soccer they have all season, they had chances against the best team in the area hands down. Clark and Economou finally had a challenge in the middle, as Mastronardi and McGraw played very well for Union Endicott.

Of course they did uncle Mike

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken didn't UE beat Elmira up in Elmira 3-1? And ME beat UE 2-0 I think? Plus Corning is on a down year, no offense. AA is much harder to succeed in than A. That jump in class makes a pretty big difference.

It's certainly a major jump in classification from A to AA. The problem is, with how bad ESS has been, it's probably the majority of EFA's team that has to make the jump meaning they moved up a class without actually increasing their talent that much.

On a side note, the two matches between Elmira and U-E were 2-1 and 3-2 in favor of U-E.

Corning is always in a down year. They have had 1 winning season in the past 10 years I think. Talented school, but not much in terms of coaching I think.

I posted this on the other tread,

What talent is coming up that is playing JV this year? I saw the JV game with SV and Windsor and SV has a lot of talent and Windsor has a goalie that showing some talent!

What talent is coming up that is playing JV this year? I saw the JV game with SV and Windsor and SV has a lot of talent and Windsor has a goalie that showing some talent!

Obviously you have kids either on the team or you know them from travel, the SV JV is ok but the skilled kids are way too small or slow to excel at the next level. SV has traditionally kept strong younger players on varsity look at the Rood and Caroway kids. All were on varsity by freshman year. The Windsor goalie wasn't very special when our team played them, 8 goals first game 5 in the second.

Every kid on the Vestal starting lineup.

I don't typically respond, more just read to see the drama unfolding, but my son plays for the above mentioned coach in travel now. He has offered my son, and other kids, way more opportunities than any of their other coaches. I don't know what, if any licenses he holds, but he is a great coach and shows great character, and great compassion for all of his players and families, unlike some of the other guys coaching today. If you question his abilities for fact, that's one thing, but don't guess and put it on something like this. Just this fall he put two kids that weren't even his high school kids into four year colleges. Shame on you.

Guest TravelDad

I don't typically respond, more just read to see the drama unfolding, but my son plays for the above mentioned coach in travel now. He has offered my son, and other kids, way more opportunities than any of their other coaches. I don't know what, if any licenses he holds, but he is a great coach and shows great character, and great compassion for all of his players and families, unlike some of the other guys coaching today. If you question his abilities for fact, that's one thing, but don't guess and put it on something like this. Just this fall he put two kids that weren't even his high school kids into four year colleges. Shame on you.

I don't really feel like going through 17 pages of posts. Who are you referring to?

Obviously you have kids either on the team or you know them from travel, the SV JV is ok but the skilled kids are way too small or slow to excel at the next level. SV has traditionally kept strong younger players on varsity look at the Rood and Caroway kids. All were on varsity by freshman year. The Windsor goalie wasn't very special when our team played them, 8 goals first game 5 in the second.

I was there because there was a swim met at the SV school and I was early, my son played for UE 3 year ago and i caught the game. Everyone plays each team 2 times how did you do the 2nd time playing Windsor??

i SEE your from Oneonta enough said there, why must you all be so snotty and pompus??

i SEE your from Oneonta enough said there, why must you all be so snotty and pompus??

Not snotty just being honest. The goalie allowed 13 goals in two games, I didn't see him make any plays that would have stood out and he was beaten quite a few times. As for the SV stuff we played them twice and split with them, and it was an honest opinion that the stronger skill players are small and that SV normally pulls up lots of young kids if they are that good early. The top 3-4 players from SV are sophs on JV and were still much smaller than many of the freshman on our squad.

you didnt go to that game, the 1st game he was in as goalie the 2nd half and the 2nd game he deflected countless balls, he is a good young goalie(12) the rest of the team failed at keeping the ball at the other end of the field.

you didnt go to that game, the 1st game he was in as goalie the 2nd half and the 2nd game he deflected countless balls, he is a good young goalie(12) the rest of the team failed at keeping the ball at the other end of the field.

If he is only a 7th grader then he would be strong for his age, I figured he was older as most JV keepers are. For his age yeah he would be very good, for his age he made some good saves but as a fresh or soph I would have thought they would have been made. Honestly I never realized they had switched GKs in the first game the game was very one sided and I honestly would have been hard pressed to say anyone on Windsor had stood out in my memory.

If he is only a 7th grader then he would be strong for his age, I figured he was older as most JV keepers are. For his age yeah he would be very good, for his age he made some good saves but as a fresh or soph I would have thought they would have been made. Honestly I never realized they had switched GKs in the first game the game was very one sided and I honestly would have been hard pressed to say anyone on Windsor had stood out in my memory.

that is cuz yer arguing with his mommy.

The quote about the poor coaching in Corning.

Poor coaching is accurate and "good character" is laughable as well. I've seen this guy scream at officials like no other and he got a red card last season as well. Corning always has good talent, but never wins anything. One winning season in 7 years shows that.

If he does alot for the kids, that's great. However, that doesn't make him a good "coach".

Archived