2011 STAC Boys Soccer

DarkManX14

Again, good information, but inaccurate I think. Norwich was an A school last season, Elmira Notre Dame advanced to the Sectional Final last season and was in the IAC championship this season, Seton was in the Class C finals last year. Athens is always a quality program. I wouldn't consider those games on the same level as AA competition, but they were all quality programs.

I define success as a team that consistantly wins important matches. In the last 5 years, Elmira (or EFA) has won 2 STAC west titles, a STAC championship, has advanced to 3 Sectional Finals, won 2 sectional championships, and according to their website, have finished ranked in the state 3 of last 5 seasons. That's pretty impressive.

Are you kidding me??? to win the section they are in is a joke there is usually only 3-4 teams in the sectional playoffs. Bottom line is they may again make it to the sectional finals they only have to beat UE first and them Ithaca. Oh yea they could not beat UE this year because they have a player that thinks he is a one man show.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a Binghamton based forum, someone has a lot of information on Elmira/EFA. Would not happen to be their own coach tooting their horn would it? If so come on.............

Certainly not, just a parent of an ex-player on EFA who enjoyed a few good years. And of course I have alot of information on EFA/Elmira. It's on the website you provided.

VESTAL 2 ITHACA 1, VESTAL WINS STAC AGAIN...

Congrats to Vestal as they've established themselves a powerhouse. Congrats to Ithaca as well for scoring the first goal of the season against Vestal!!

Goals from Jaisen Clark and Mac Felton! Congrats! Even though the Shutout streak was snapped.

shuout streak means NOTHING that doesn't get you anywhere. Keeping the winning streak is much more important. I'm sure they'd trade a goal for a win everyday

JC-3 Owego-2 Great Game! Lots of great goals from JC.

I've seen JC play this season a number of times and i'm not kidding, they are probably the 9th or 10th best team in STAC. It's a shame they are moving onto the Sectional Final in such as weak class. This isn't a knock on JC, it's simply the facts. Whoever gets out of the section in Class A is by default, not because they are a state tournament quality team.

Predictions anyone??

Boys Soccer Class AA

Saturday's semifinals

4-Horseheads (5-7-2) at 1-Vestal (12-0), 2 p.m. vestal by 2

3-Union-Endicott (8-4-2) at 2-Ithaca (9-2-1), 7 p.m. ue by 1

Class B

Saturday's semifinals

5-Dryden (10-4-1) at 1-Oneonta (11-0), 2 p.m. dryden by 1 upset of the weekend

3-Trumansburg (11-4-1) at 2-Sus. Valley (8-4), 2 p.m. SV b y 1 in overtime

Class C

Saturday's quarterfinals

8-Unatego (12-1-1) at 1-Lansing (15-0), 2 p.m. lansing by 3

5-Greene (14-2) at 4-Spencer-Van Etten (13-1-1), 2 p.m. Greene by 2

6-Watkins Glen (13-2) at 3-Seton Catholic Central (9-4), 2 p.m. Watkins Glen by 1

7-Elmira Notre Dame (13-2-1) at 2-Marathon (14-1), 2 p.m. Marathon by 3

Class D

Saturday's quarterfinals

9-Edmeston (8-5-3) at 1-Cherry Valley-Springfield (14-0-1), 2 p.m. CV by 4

12-Milford (7-6-3) at 4-Southern Cayuga (8-9), 2 p.m. SC by 2

6-Margaretville (9-5-1) at 3-Morris (13-1-2), 2 p.m. Morris by 2

7-Stamford (10-6) at 2-South Kortright (14-1), 2 p.m SK by 3

I've seen JC play this season a number of times and i'm not kidding, they are probably the 9th or 10th best team in STAC. It's a shame they are moving onto the Sectional Final in such as weak class. This isn't a knock on JC, it's simply the facts. Whoever gets out of the section in Class A is by default, not because they are a state tournament quality team.

Umm pretty sure ME is ranked number 6th in the state, so that seems like a state tournament quality team to me...especially is you saw their last game against vestal

Predictions anyone??

Boys Soccer Class AA

Saturday's semifinals

4-Horseheads (5-7-2) at 1-Vestal (12-0), 2 p.m. vestal by 2

3-Union-Endicott (8-4-2) at 2-Ithaca (9-2-1), 7 p.m. ue by 1

Class B

Saturday's semifinals

5-Dryden (10-4-1) at 1-Oneonta (11-0), 2 p.m. dryden by 1 upset of the weekend

3-Trumansburg (11-4-1) at 2-Sus. Valley (8-4), 2 p.m. SV b y 1 in overtime

Class C

Saturday's quarterfinals

8-Unatego (12-1-1) at 1-Lansing (15-0), 2 p.m. lansing by 3

5-Greene (14-2) at 4-Spencer-Van Etten (13-1-1), 2 p.m. Greene by 2

6-Watkins Glen (13-2) at 3-Seton Catholic Central (9-4), 2 p.m. Watkins Glen by 1

7-Elmira Notre Dame (13-2-1) at 2-Marathon (14-1), 2 p.m. Marathon by 3

Class D

Saturday's quarterfinals

9-Edmeston (8-5-3) at 1-Cherry Valley-Springfield (14-0-1), 2 p.m. CV by 4

12-Milford (7-6-3) at 4-Southern Cayuga (8-9), 2 p.m. SC by 2

6-Margaretville (9-5-1) at 3-Morris (13-1-2), 2 p.m. Morris by 2

7-Stamford (10-6) at 2-South Kortright (14-1), 2 p.m SK by 3

any score on the oneonta game

does anyone thing any of the number 1 seeds will be upset next week end at the section 4 finals at the hall of fame fields? If so who gets beat?

I Honestly cant see Vestal, ME or Lancing (Im assuming they will get there) losing.

However I could see a "upset" in class B with SV over Oneonta. SV looked extremely impressive in their win over Trumensburg and they played Oneonta very close the first time around and they were playing with out a few starters. With SV at full strength and playing at top form i can see it happening.

Archived