Who is the best local basketball coach

Guest Guest 1

Guest fact checker

I guess back-to-back sectional titles with no height and players totally unsuited to the standard NHS dribble-drive offense is an example of poor coaching. Norwich had no business being in the STAC championship or Sectional championship game according to all the area arm chair coaches, especially after losing Abbott last year in such a sudden and tumultous way. Yet I do believe they're now the reigning two-time Section 4 Class B champs. Without the talent- and height- of this year's Spartans, they managed to pull off a pretty impressive season and gave M-E a serious challenge.

Hats off to Norwich. I thought this would be Sus Valley's year, and they were a decent team to be sure, but it's been a fun year to travel to the gyms of STAC.

congrats to section four champion Norwich...twice beaten by the MAINE ENDWELL SPARTANS.... congrats to the section four champion Binghamton pats.....beaten twice by....THE MAINE ENDWELL SPARTANS...

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

congrats to section four champion Norwich...twice beaten by the MAINE ENDWELL SPARTANS.... congrats to the section four champion Binghamton pats.....beaten twice by....THE MAINE ENDWELL SPARTANS...

And you morons don't understand why almost everyone on here view people from M-E as classless losers, no matter what happens in HS sports. You make 2 types of posts. Mostly to brag about yourself and the others to put down everyone else's accomplishments. You're clueless about having any level of class.

Guest Guest

Both those teams kicked Elmira's a$$ and you lost to them once and squeaked by a 2nd time. Like another poster said, go back over the past 5 years and look at your head to head record against either of those schools, I guarantee you lost more than you won. You can probably do the same with SCC and Vestal too. You'll find you've lost more than you've won.

Guest Guest

Both those teams kicked Elmira's a$$ and you lost to them once and squeaked by a 2nd time. Like another poster said, go back over the past 5 years and look at your head to head record against either of those schools, I guarantee you lost more than you won. You can probably do the same with SCC and Vestal too. You'll find you've lost more than you've won.

ME won STAC and Section IV class A.. No question, they're te best team in Section IV right now. Gallagher and Sinicki are both phenomenal basketball players, Gallagher played fantastic in the STAC championship and Sinicki did in the Section championship... Look for them to give the next team Saturday some tough competition. And as for Norwich vs ME.. They really haven't played too often in the past years cause ME plays in a much tougher metro division, but i believe Norwich may have a few more wins over ME...Stating facts

Guest Guest

ME won STAC and Section IV class A.. No question, they're te best team in Section IV right now. Gallagher and Sinicki are both phenomenal basketball players, Gallagher played fantastic in the STAC championship and Sinicki did in the Section championship... Look for them to give the next team Saturday some tough competition. And as for Norwich vs ME.. They really haven't played too often in the past years cause ME plays in a much tougher metro division, but i believe Norwich may have a few more wins over ME...Stating facts

I haven't read anyone on here say M-E isn't a decent team. It's the M-E people who can't acknowledge anyone else's success. As far as how often M-E has played Norwich, until last year (prior to joining the "much tougher" metro division) they were in the same division and played twice a year, Norwich routinely beat M-E. I know because I'm from JC and we were in the same division. M-E never won the division, we did the last year they were in our division. I also know Norwich beat them last year in a non-league game. Comparing win/losses to Binghamton over 5 years is even more crazy. The thread is about the best coaches and M-E is having a good year. So of course the M-E fans proclaim themselves and their coach the best of all time. Losers.

Guest fact checker

And you morons don't understand why almost everyone on here view people from M-E as classless losers, no matter what happens in HS sports. You make 2 types of posts. Mostly to brag about yourself and the others to put down everyone else's accomplishments. You're clueless about having any level of class.

Wll you please elaborate..??..my post offered congratulations to two fine basketball programs..very good teams..what and where is the lack of class in this gesture...I then depicted a team that this season...not two years ago, nor five years ago..that beat each of those champion caliber teams..twice apiece...this season...thereby possibly fueling food for thought...that that particular team might be pretty good ...this season...you now brand me a classes loser??my son you have to give credit where it is earned....you have anti maine endwell leanings , so be it, they to may have been earned..however you should think before thou spaketh...

Guest fact checker

I haven't read anyone on here say M-E isn't a decent team. It's the M-E people who can't acknowledge anyone else's success. As far as how often M-E has played Norwich, until last year (prior to joining the "much tougher" metro division) they were in the same division and played twice a year, Norwich routinely beat M-E. I know because I'm from JC and we were in the same division. M-E never won the division, we did the last year they were in our division. I also know Norwich beat them last year in a non-league game. Comparing win/losses to Binghamton over 5 years is even more crazy. The thread is about the best coaches and M-E is having a good year. So of course the M-E fans proclaim themselves and their coach the best of all time. Losers.

I am a maine endwell people..i will factually discredit your assertions...under the current coaching staff..me tied Norwich for the div..Norwich beat them for the title..all their games ...after the present coach was there about two years have been competitive..not as one sided as you would have all believe..maine e the last two seasons has toiled in the metro.please do not suggest their record would not be better if they played either Norwich or jc schedule in those years maine endwell played jc three times a couple years ago beating them twice, the next year they beat jc in sec championship..this is not being competitive? maine endwell has played for four straight sec 4championships and won two...losing to jc without the Spartan 6ft5 allstar center because of his problem with authorities...no especially me hasd proclaimed maine endwell the best of anything all time..what I proudly proclaim is they are metro div... stac..and section 4 champions..THIS YEAR...led by a excellent, young coach who has certainly elevated the program from his first year...

Guest coach knight

I hate to bring up former coaches .. But its to levelset the standard that defines a good coach. Jack hollaran coached for over 35 years and had only one losing season. Those are the kind of things we need to talk about. Im sure he had some years with marginal talent. Taricone same thing.

Guest Guest

I am a maine endwell people..i will factually discredit your assertions...under the current coaching staff..me tied Norwich for the div..Norwich beat them for the title..all their games ...after the present coach was there about two years have been competitive..not as one sided as you would have all believe..maine e the last two seasons has toiled in the metro.please do not suggest their record would not be better if they played either Norwich or jc schedule in those years maine endwell played jc three times a couple years ago beating them twice, the next year they beat jc in sec championship..this is not being competitive? maine endwell has played for four straight sec 4championships and won two...losing to jc without the Spartan 6ft5 allstar center because of his problem with authorities...no especially me hasd proclaimed maine endwell the best of anything all time..what I proudly proclaim is they are metro div... stac..and section 4 champions..THIS YEAR...led by a excellent, young coach who has certainly elevated the program from his first year...

Seriously, is reading comprehension not taught at all at "me"? Please put your finger up to the screen and follow along under each word before you write another incoherent response, maybe it will help. First of all, nothing in that post said "me" hasn't been competitive. It started with acknowledging this years team is pretty good. I'm sorry but if you lose a tie breaker game ..... you lose. You're not the champ. I have a feeling you're the same person who wrote post after post here in the past about the DWI championships "me" won when they entered every year in the lowest regional bracket against MAC schools and smaller STAC schools. The post also didn't say "me" hadn't been competitive vs Binghamton or Norwich. It said both teams probably had a winning record against "me" over the past 5 years. Now stop ... and just pause, think for a second. Do you see the difference? Before writing another P envy type response please think back to what your parents tell you all the time. You're not very bright and you were educated at "me". When you open your mouth or write, it makes it obvious to everyone.

Guest STAC-Fan

It seems you my good fan are capable of being wrong comparing ME wins/losses with Binghamton wasn't all that crazy over the last five years ME has 4 wins and 3 losses if you would like the dates and scores I can give them to you. Now on to Norwich over the last five years ME has 3 wins and 1 loss again if you would like the dates and scores I can give them to you or you could go to www.section4hoops.com its in black and white for you to see. You can also read about the good 2010-2011 Johnson city had winning the STAC Central division beating Seton for the STAC Championship 54 to 47 before falling to the mighty Spartans in the Section 4 championship game 69 to 64

Guest Guest

It seems you my good fan are capable of being wrong comparing ME wins/losses with Binghamton wasn't all that crazy over the last five years ME has 4 wins and 3 losses if you would like the dates and scores I can give them to you. Now on to Norwich over the last five years ME has 3 wins and 1 loss again if you would like the dates and scores I can give them to you or you could go to www.section4hoops.com its in black and white for you to see. You can also read about the good 2010-2011 Johnson city had winning the STAC Central division beating Seton for the STAC Championship 54 to 47 before falling to the mighty Spartans in the Section 4 championship game 69 to 64

I'll take you up on your offer, yes please provide the dates and scores. It'll be much more fun to prove you wrong

Guest Guest

How about 2009-2010 when JC beat ME in both the football and basketball section 4 finals!

Guest Guest
How about 2009-2010 when JC beat ME in both the football and basketball section 4 finals!

Hold on tight to those wins Wildcat fans. You haven't beat M-E since, and might never do so again. Once a decade or so, JC gets lucky. The last time JC beat M-E in football before that I think was 2005? Dominatation.

Guest Guest

I'll take you up on your offer, yes please provide the dates and scores. It'll be much more fun to prove you wrong

. Like your going to believe the guy if he wrote the dates and scores down I just looked on that web site and it's like he said it was those numbers were right look it up for yourself that's the only way your going to believe it I was surprised myself.

Guest Guest

. Like your going to believe the guy if he wrote the dates and scores down I just looked on that web site and it's like he said it was those numbers were right look it up for yourself that's the only way your going to believe it I was surprised myself.

They're right if you only count 4 games. They've actually played 8 in the past 5 yrs. It's 5-3 Norwich.

Guest Guest

Hold on tight to those wins Wildcat fans. You haven't beat M-E since, and might never do so again. Once a decade or so, JC gets lucky. The last time JC beat M-E in football before that I think was 2005? Dominatation.

It was worth it just to see the Connelly boys leaving Alumni Stadium and the Broome County Arena in tears. I don't care if JC beats them in anything for the next 20 years.

Guest Guest

This post is a joke. JC is ME's little brother. Occasionally gets lucky and wins a game or two. ME destroyed JC in football this year and would absolutely destroy them in basketball too. Too bad JC can't even make it to the sectional games to play ME anymore.

Guest Guest

They're right if you only count 4 games. They've actually played 8 in the past 5 yrs. It's 5-3 Norwich.

Where are you STAC Fan? You were called out and you've gone silent. Just admit you're wrong and show some manhood.

Guest Guest

Where are you STAC Fan? You were called out and you've gone silent. Just admit you're wrong and show some manhood.

And in the past 5 years who has gone farther in the state playoffs? Plus, ME plays in the more difficult class A, where there are more private schools, and so forth. Just stating facts.

Guest Guest

And in the past 5 years who has gone farther in the state playoffs? Plus, ME plays in the more difficult class A, where there are more private schools, and so forth. Just stating facts.

The question was who has won more games in the past 5 years head to head. STAC Fan got it wrong, are you him and not man enough to just admit it? Why are you trying to change the subject?

Guest Guest

The question was who has won more games in the past 5 years head to head. STAC Fan got it wrong, are you him and not man enough to just admit it? Why are you trying to change the subject?

Ok so Norwich may have more wins by one or two. But let's change the subject to who plays in a more difficult class for the past 5 years? Who plays in a more difficult division? Who STILL has gone farther in the state tournament? I talk big picture.

Guest grubdle

Ok so Norwich may have more wins by one or two. But let's change the subject to who plays in a more difficult class for the past 5 years? Who plays in a more difficult division? Who STILL has gone farther in the state tournament? I talk big picture.

More difficult class. BAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Guest Guest

I"m talking head to head, just those 2 schools but if the fact you lose on that measure means you have to move the goal posts that's fine. BTW, they were in the same division until last year and M-E didn't win it in recent memory. In the same time span, Norwich won Class A once and Class B twice. The whole debate started not because ANYONE claimed "me" is horrible. You are just a perfect example of a typical "me" fan, nobody else can get any credit for anything, it's all about you all the time. By that measure, you're still a loser.

Guest slammin"

I"m talking head to head, just those 2 schools but if the fact you lose on that measure means you have to move the goal posts that's fine. BTW, they were in the same division until last year and M-E didn't win it in recent memory. In the same time span, Norwich won Class A once and Class B twice. The whole debate started not because ANYONE claimed "me" is horrible. You are just a perfect example of a typical "me" fan, nobody else can get any credit for anything, it's all about you all the time. By that measure, you're still a loser.

This isn't even what this thread is about...start a new one or get back to the point of this thread. Last 10 posts or so haven't even mentioned a "coach".

Guest Guest

This isn't even what this thread is about...start a new one or get back to the point of this thread. Last 10 posts or so haven't even mentioned a "coach".

Bob Lane - Windsor/Johnson City 60's & 70's

Archived