Who is the best local basketball coach

Guest Guest 1

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

I think playing in the Metro hurts M-E. They have to battle to win every game night in and night out. That dictates that they have a short bench. The 8-9-10 players don't play all season, but in the central they could play and develop? Ockers system dictates a miniuim of 10 players. They won the easier prize but in the end the lost the larger prize? Also, without a play called the M-E players are lost. Coach needs to teach the players to play ball? They need to be able to create and be a player?

true

Guest Guest

People at ME wonder that as well, except they know the answer.politics, though the siniki kid is soft, he can score some.

Might be soft but plays hard and is skilled. Can shoot pretty well too. It's a damn shame. Just like UE, ME is all politics. Sinicki, a all conference player most likely, doesn't start over a kid who probably won't even be all metro. It's pathetic over there. Only thing worse than the sparents are the Gallagher throne.

Guest Guest

I think playing in the Metro hurts M-E. They have to battle to win every game night in and night out. That dictates that they have a short bench. The 8-9-10 players don't play all season, but in the central they could play and develop? Ockers system dictates a miniuim of 10 players. They won the easier prize but in the end the lost the larger prize? Also, without a play called the M-E players are lost. Coach needs to teach the players to play ball? They need to be able to create and be a player?

Great post. I know Siniki, Kyle Gallagher, and Wisniewski all are talented players. It's a shame that Ocker doesn't have any ball screen action, isolation plays or anything such as that to use to his advantage.

Guest fact checker

Might be soft but plays hard and is skilled. Can shoot pretty well too. It's a damn shame. Just like UE, ME is all politics. Sinicki, a all conference player most likely, doesn't start over a kid who probably won't even be all metro. It's pathetic over there. Only thing worse than the sparents are the Gallagher throne.

SINICKI does not play every minute of every game...granted...however because maine endwell does not have a adequate ball handler , their best being Gallagher...sinickis minutes are lessened..but he plays plenty..his scoring is necessary..however he does not play much defense..which is imperative for coach ocker...eggy plays because he is money defensively..so the coach maneuvers a Gallagher for his defense and point guarding abilities..though slim..only a soph..sinicki for his very good offense..not so great in the ballhandling and defending..you can be sure politics is the last thing the coach is considering when he calls your number..

Guest fact checker

are you for real? how in the world does where you play dictate the ability of your players?..maybe WHO you play might help a player improve..there are twelve young men on the team..their abilities or lack there of is dependent on their gifts, how hard they work, etc..ever hear of a depth chart?? you earn your position..very rarely if ever is a team, any team comprised of all equal abilitied players..some are better than others..maine endwell has five players markedly better tthan their teammates..one player who is the designated pointguard..he is the best at this than the others..though has a lot of improving to do..the rest of the kids are are of reserve quality..at the level maine endwell competes..theyARE not in a different division..why even bring it up it has no validity..nor make much sense.. why not let the inmates run the asylum??coaches have systems..the players fit their skill sets to the system..if any maine endwell player has a skill..the coach will let him use it..drive to the hole..shoot threes ..no maine endwell player is told not to use his talents...the EASIERPRIZE..was won by maine endwell...NOT the other fifteen to eighteen basketballteams that also competed for THE EASIER PRIZE...

Guest guest

If M-E's #2 is the best point guard for his team, that is sad. Not only is he not their best ball handler by far, He doesn't know how to run the court.,

Guest Guest

SINICKI does not play every minute of every game...granted...however because maine endwell does not have a adequate ball handler , their best being Gallagher...sinickis minutes are lessened..but he plays plenty..his scoring is necessary..however he does not play much defense..which is imperative for coach ocker...eggy plays because he is money defensively..so the coach maneuvers a Gallagher for his defense and point guarding abilities..though slim..only a soph..sinicki for his very good offense..not so great in the ballhandling and defending..you can be sure politics is the last thing the coach is considering when he calls your number..

Sinicki is ME's best scorer. He's the only one who can create his own shot outside of offenses when you struggle to score and don't have your best scorer starting, I highly doubt you're the best coach around. Besides Sinicki isn't a liability on defense, as a matter of fact he's probably the second best shot blocker around, second to his teammate Chris Heimes. Ocker is just scared of the Gallaghers. I remember when we played ME, and our fan section was chanting "Gallagher Natiom".

Guest Guest

Adam Gallagher never should have started. Sinicki is way better and would have created tougher matchups for Burke. I would also like to say that the ball handlers on m-e are awful. All year they beat up on teams because they were bigger. When u get out of the section u actually play size and faster players so u need better guards which me didn't have

Guest Guest

Adam Gallagher never should have started. Sinicki is way better and would have created tougher matchups for Burke. I would also like to say that the ball handlers on m-e are awful. All year they beat up on teams because they were bigger. When u get out of the section u actually play size and faster players so u need better guards which me didn't have

ME's forwards (Sinicki Wisniewski and Gallagher) were better than Burkes, while their guards were much worse. When your guards have the ball the whole time and don't do anything with it, or get it to the forwards, it's extremely difficult to when in the state playoffs. Gallagher starting over Sinicki is a joke, but hey gallaghers run the whole school over there so it's not surprise.

Guest fact checker

Sinicki is ME's best scorer. He's the only one who can create his own shot outside of offenses when you struggle to score and don't have your best scorer starting, I highly doubt you're the best coach around. Besides Sinicki isn't a liability on defense, as a matter of fact he's probably the second best shot blocker around, second to his teammate Chris Heimes. Ocker is just scared of the Gallaghers. I remember when we played ME, and our fan section was chanting "Gallagher Natiom".

sinicki is mes best scorer you say..over a twenty game season he averaged LESS than k Gallagher...ergo...sinicki is NOT their best scorer..even you might see the wisdom of ...FACT..he is the player who CAN get his shot..agreed..sinicki not starting is not the almighty wrong you seem to think it is....he plays significant minutes...also there ARE games when he started...whats the big deal...NOW here is where you are really lost ...the defensive side of the ball...sinicki is NOT the defensive stalwart you portray...he can not guard as well as a. Gallagher, nor eggy...period.. he plays mostly at the three...some four and little two..burke crushed maine yesterday not with their guard scoring...instead of fabricating...making jake in to what he wasn't ...the coach into what he wasn't..congratulate them for what they are .....a very good coach...a very good player who should be even better next year..

Guest Guest

sinicki is mes best scorer you say..over a twenty game season he averaged LESS than k Gallagher...ergo...sinicki is NOT their best scorer..even you might see the wisdom of ...FACT..he is the player who CAN get his shot..agreed..sinicki not starting is not the almighty wrong you seem to think it is....he plays significant minutes...also there ARE games when he started...whats the big deal...NOW here is where you are really lost ...the defensive side of the ball...sinicki is NOT the defensive stalwart you portray...he can not guard as well as a. Gallagher, nor eggy...period.. he plays mostly at the three...some four and little two..burke crushed maine yesterday not with their guard scoring...instead of fabricating...making jake in to what he wasn't ...the coach into what he wasn't..congratulate them for what they are .....a very good coach...a very good player who should be even better next year..

Gallagher scores all his points through isolations, and plays set for him. Sinicki can create for himself. And first off, I'm not saying Sinicki is a fantastic defender, however Gallagher was dominated by Curtis three times this season, Nierdstat and Edwards. He is not the defensive expert you proclaim him to be. Not in the category of Eggleston, who is the best defender in upstate New York. Also, 'fact checker' did you know Sinicki sprained his knee earlier this season, and still managed to average only two points less than KG? For being a fact checker, you don't know many facts, and you also do not know much about the game of basketball.

Guest Guest

The Wizneeski kid is ME best player right now. Tough as nails and great work ethic, stuff you cant teach. KG and the Siniki kid have more skill but are soft as charmin, no toughness. The younger gallagher is not a basketball player, just an athlete that is better than what is left to chose from.

Guest Guest

The Wizneeski kid is ME best player right now. Tough as nails and great work ethic, stuff you cant teach. KG and the Siniki kid have more skill but are soft as charmin, no toughness. The younger gallagher is not a basketball player, just an athlete that is better than what is left to chose from.

You say that cause you have seen one game, and it was his best. Sinicki was in foul trouble and still had 14 points. Gallagher had an off night. The Wisneiwski kid is just a ball hog. Athletic and tough, but zero ball handling or shooting. Pretty dumb post if you ask me.

Guest Guest

You say that cause you have seen one game, and it was his best. Sinicki was in foul trouble and still had 14 points. Gallagher had an off night. The Wisneiwski kid is just a ball hog. Athletic and tough, but zero ball handling or shooting. Pretty dumb post if you ask me.

Nobody actually asked you but it is a pretty obnoxious reply if you ask me.

Guest Guest

It doesn't matter.

Nine times out of ten when a section four team plays another section they are going to lose. The talent level here both from player and coach is way below what it was in years past. I think the major reason for this is attitude. The player's do what they want and the coach's have no control over them.

Guest Guest

It doesn't matter.

Nine times out of ten when a section four team plays another section they are going to lose. The talent level here both from player and coach is way below what it was in years past. I think the major reason for this is attitude. The player's do what they want and the coach's have no control over them.

I think you're partly right, there probably is less talent in both coaches and players. I really don't understand why you believe the kids attitudes here would be any different than anywhere else though, I think you're wrong about that. I think the biggest issue is poor coaching in Sect IV. This thread was supposed to be about the best local coaches but quickly became the normal M-E vs everyone else food fight. The fact is, all that aside there are very few really good coaches in Section IV. There's a very short list of coaches who put in the time in the off-season and most important, find a way to win when they don't have superior talent.

Guest fact checker

Gallagher scores all his points through isolations, and plays set for him. Sinicki can create for himself. And first off, I'm not saying Sinicki is a fantastic defender, however Gallagher was dominated by Curtis three times this season, Nierdstat and Edwards. He is not the defensive expert you proclaim him to be. Not in the category of Eggleston, who is the best defender in upstate New York. Also, 'fact checker' did you know Sinicki sprained his knee earlier this season, and still managed to average only two points less than KG? For being a fact checker, you don't know many facts, and you also do not know much about the game of basketball.

..... son..to be the teams leading scorer..to be hailed as such..as you proclaimed for sinicki..youNEED...NEED. to score the most points...FACT... FACT...FACT...SINICKI DID NOT...DID NOT SCORE THE MOST...KYLE GALLAGHER..KYLE GALLAGHER did....ergo....he not jake WAS maine endwells leading scorer....it does not matter if he scored standing on your head...fact... fact ..Gallagher maine endwell..top gun.....wake up...fyi..I saw every maine endwell basketball game this season..please ..show us the post that I said adam g was a expert defender...he is adequate at best..however he guards his man a little better than sinicki can stay with his..jake at this point is a fine offensive threat who hopefully will get betterat all aspects of his game..a g. soph..played the point..not ready this year..but best option..played mostly against pressing teams..eight assists..eight turn overs against burke sums it up..next year..better point play and some scoring should be his goals...spew anti all you want..please do not...question...the fact checkers...FACTS..you will be a bigger loser than those all Spartan that you designate as such...

Guest Guest

..... son..to be the teams leading scorer..to be hailed as such..as you proclaimed for sinicki..youNEED...NEED. to score the most points...FACT... FACT...FACT...SINICKI DID NOT...DID NOT SCORE THE MOST...KYLE GALLAGHER..KYLE GALLAGHER did....ergo....he not jake WAS maine endwells leading scorer....it does not matter if he scored standing on your head...fact... fact ..Gallagher maine endwell..top gun.....wake up...fyi..I saw every maine endwell basketball game this season..please ..show us the post that I said adam g was a expert defender...he is adequate at best..however he guards his man a little better than sinicki can stay with his..jake at this point is a fine offensive threat who hopefully will get betterat all aspects of his game..a g. soph..played the point..not ready this year..but best option..played mostly against pressing teams..eight assists..eight turn overs against burke sums it up..next year..better point play and some scoring should be his goals...spew anti all you want..please do not...question...the fact checkers...FACTS..you will be a bigger loser than those all Spartan that you designate as such...

Nice post Matt and Julie. Maybe next one you'll talk about your prodigy son Drew? Sure he will be playing all varsity sports next year right?

Guest Guest

Next years line up:

Point guard, Drew Gallagher; shooting guard, Jake Sinicki; small forward Adam Gallagher; forward Wiz; and Kyle Galagher at point forward. Bench players? Not really much there except zidmale, felease and palmer? Another STAC title and section 4 title but nothing after that.

Guest everybody not spartan

I can finally hear the crickets on this thread............Ocker and family not on this thread for 24 hrs. Me thinks ME losing and the way he handled SV game puts him in the middle of the "land of average coach with much to learn.

Archived