Who is the best local basketball coach

Guest Guest 1

Ocker best current coach. Dick Baldwin?.........need to get the dolorean up to 88 to talk about that fossil.

Ocker was great in "Independence Day!"

Independence-Day-Dr-Brackish-Okun.jpg

In 45 years, Baldwin's final numbers are staggering - 961 victories, a win percentage of 74% and 1,302 consecutive games coached. And he did it all at those 2 hotbeds of basketball. BCC and BU. Nobody before or since can or will even come close to numbers like that.

It's an insult to Baldwin to even mention a no-name like Ocker in the same sentence as him. Or any other douche currently pretending to be a basketball coach in this area. McFly, make like a tree...and get out of here. "Once this baby hits 88 miles per hour and you run into the legend that is Dick Baldwin, you're going to see some serious sh*t!"

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chuck Burger

Ocker was great in "Independence Day!"

Independence-Day-Dr-Brackish-Okun.jpg

In 45 years, Baldwin's final numbers are staggering - 961 victories, a win percentage of 74% and 1,302 consecutive games coached. And he did it all at those 2 hotbeds of basketball. BCC and BU. Nobody before or since can or will even come close to numbers like that.

It's an insult to Baldwin to even mention a no-name like Ocker in the same sentence as him. Or any other douche currently pretending to be a basketball coach in this area. McFly, make like a tree...and get out of here. "Once this baby hits 88 miles per hour and you run into the legend that is Dick Baldwin, you're going to see some serious sh*t!"

As many people said before me, you can't even comprehend the level of stupidity of your posts. Carry on Sir, carry on.

Ocker best coach.....facts equal facts......take a bow Ocker, take a bow.

Dick Baldwin was great in Revenge of the Nerds.

Guest Guest

As many people said before me, you can't even comprehend the level of stupidity of your posts. Carry on Sir, carry on.

Ocker best coach.....facts equal facts......take a bow Ocker, take a bow.

Dick Baldwin was great in Revenge of the Nerds.

I know Bill Ocker and trust me he would not be at all interested in having you touting him. He's got to much class to be associated with you.

Because I can count the number of truly great basketball coaches this area has had over the years on 1 hand, not use my thumb and have fingers left over.

Thing is, to me it was quite clear the thread is on present coaches of all levels, not former coaches all rolled together for a singular one greatest. So more than a few pages of responses do seem warranted to me. The fact that people took it upon themselves to mention former coaches easily is the reason we have 13 pages.

1st post on this thread:

I want to hear from the people on who they think is the best local basketball coach (High school, College, CYO)

Who is the best at what they do?

Who would you want to play for or have your son play for and why?

Guest Dan Quayle

I know Bill Ocker and trust me he would not be at all interested in having you touting him. He's got to much class to be associated with you.

I know Bill Ocker

Bill Ocker is a friend of mine

Guest, you're no Bill Ocker

Guest Dar of the Emerites

I know Bill Ocker

Bill Ocker is a friend of mine

Guest, you're no Bill Ocker

I love Lamp...........and Coach Ocker.

Take a bow.

Guest Guest

For those in the know. What are Ocker's stats?

I'm looking for Wins, Losses, Winning%, Years coaching, Where he played basketball, etc...

Guest Guest

For those in the know. What are Ocker's stats?

I'm looking for Wins, Losses, Winning%, Years coaching, Where he played basketball, etc...

*****Crickets*****

Guest Guest

Lets see? 3 or 4 DWI championships (second most wins in DWI history?), 1 STAC divisional title (metro), 1 STAC title, and 2 trips to the Elite 8 of the NYS playoffs. Somewhat impressive, he has won 4 or 5 team camp championships at Siena college in a row. I would guess his record to be about .600 or so. Not bad for 6 years?

Guest Guest

How can that happen, then how will all the Gallaghers get their schollarships for college if there is no school sports???

The Gallaghers are as good as the Connelly's were.

Guest Coach K

Lets see? 3 or 4 DWI championships (second most wins in DWI history?), 1 STAC divisional title (metro), 1 STAC title, and 2 trips to the Elite 8 of the NYS playoffs. Somewhat impressive, he has won 4 or 5 team camp championships at Siena college in a row. I would guess his record to be about .600 or so. Not bad for 6 years?

Ocker played for BHS in 1996 and never played again at any level.

Those who can...do!

Those who can't...coach!

Ockers limited success is due to the tremendous athletes he has had. Lets see if the ME sheep are still Ocker fans when he has a no-talent team.

Guest Guest

Those who can...do!

Those who can't...coach!

Ockers limited success is due to the tremendous athletes he has had. Lets see if the ME sheep are still Ocker fans when he has a no-talent team.

He's done. He won't make the cut of all the teachers that are going to get the axe.

Guest guest

He's done. He won't make the cut of all the teachers that are going to get the axe.

. The voice should only post from people who know their talking about and and it isn't you what does teaching for a living have to do with coaching the girls basketball coach is a dentist

Guest Guest

. The voice should only post from people who know their talking about and and it isn't you what does teaching for a living have to do with coaching the girls basketball coach is a dentist

I take it you're an English major?

Is Oaker going to make 40-50k coaching the ME boys hoop team?

To get a job he will be leaving the area.

Guest BoyRUDum

Is Oaker going to make 40-50k coaching the ME boys hoop team?

To get a job he will be leaving the area.

and the dentist makes more money than he needs...basketball is his hobby...

Guest fact checker

Those who can...do!

Those who can't...coach!

can you please name one coach....any sport ..that wins without talent?.. there are many coaches who coach their talent, short of their capabilities...according to your comments ocker does..not..one of his many attributes that makes him one of the best coaches in this area...

can you please name one coach....any sport ..that wins without talent?.. there are many coaches who coach their talent, short of their capabilities...according to your comments ocker does..not..one of his many attributes that makes him one of the best coaches in this area...

Bo Ryan. Seriously, name 1 player that man has ever coached in the past 30 years. I know I can't, yet Ryan's numbers boggle the mind. 674 wins, 216 losses and a .757 winning%

Guest fact checker

Bo Ryan. Seriously, name 1 player that man has ever coached in the past 30 years. I know I can't, yet Ryan's numbers boggle the mind. 674 wins, 216 losses and a .757 winning%

great coach..great answer...though at wisc ryan has had some all americans..coach gets the max out of his players blending into a harmonious team effort....I think the maine endwell basketball coach in question has a similar approach..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest localsportsfan

Not much mention of local girls coaches. Pete Hyde (Maine Endwell) and Al Hebbard (Binghamton) were both highly successful.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Those who can...do!

Those who can't...coach!

Ocker played at BHS? I was a year ahead of him at SCC, he wasn't a very good player at all. A good guy, just not very athletic by any stretch. Must be he transferred for his senior year.

Guest been around

Ocker played at BHS? I was a year ahead of him at SCC, he wasn't a very good player at all. A good guy, just not very athletic by any stretch. Must be he transferred for his senior year.

the not very good playerat all did do this ....started at point guard during his sophomore year at seton...started at point guard his junior year for coach ward at seton...transferred to bingo..made the squad as a back up...Bradford started for bingo...the coach was not as bad a ballplayer as his... former saint classmate makes him out to be.....hmm...

Archived