Who is the best local basketball coach

Guest Guest 1

Guest Guest

I can finally hear the crickets on this thread............Ocker and family not on this thread for 24 hrs. Me thinks ME losing and the way he handled SV game puts him in the middle of the "land of average coach with much to learn.

How should he have handled the SV game? He handled the whole situation excellently. Plus they played a school that recruits kid and has potential D2 to D1 talent on it, and gave them a hell of a game. To say Ocker is not one of the better coaches around is laughable.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chuck Burger

Somebody, mod., please end this thread/ topic. It is getting real stupid.

. Smarty pants. When did having half a brain become a requirement to post on the bcvoice? Have you not read most of the anti spartan posts?

Guest Fact Checker

Next years line up:

Point guard, Drew Gallagher; shooting guard, Jake Sinicki; small forward Adam Gallagher; forward Wiz; and Kyle Galagher at point forward. Bench players? Not really much there except zidmale, felease and palmer? Another STAC title and section 4 title but nothing after that.

Thy spirit is willing, thou brain is weak. Mighty spartans of morrow....... Sinicki -- K Gallagher -- Wiz-- A Gallagher -- Wischausen?-- off the bench -- Zidmal -- Palmer -- and young man who injured his wrist......most likely, unlike Burke Catholic the spartans will not get any all american transfers. This will be the preseason top 8.....just a little old stac title, how many stac titles are won each year? .........#1........ Ohh by the way, another sect 4 crown....... Ho hum. ...... Young man , if only it was as easy to do as you make it seem......

Guest Guest

Thy spirit is willing, thou brain is weak. Mighty spartans of morrow....... Sinicki -- K Gallagher -- Wiz-- A Gallagher -- Wischausen?-- off the bench -- Zidmal -- Palmer -- and young man who injured his wrist......most likely, unlike Burke Catholic the spartans will not get any all american transfers. This will be the preseason top 8.....just a little old stac title, how many stac titles are won each year? .........#1........ Ohh by the way, another sect 4 crown....... Ho hum. ...... Young man , if only it was as easy to do as you make it seem......

Wow, it's scary to think that 1. you are likely an adult who may actually have a drivers license and be out in public (thankfully you slither mostly in Maine or Endwell) and 2 are so delusional that you believe your posts suggest some level of intelligence. Do yourself and your community a favor and stop embarrassing yourself.

Guest Guest

Wow, it's scary to think that 1. you are likely an adult who may actually have a drivers license and be out in public (thankfully you slither mostly in Maine or Endwell) and 2 are so delusional that you believe your posts suggest some level of intelligence. Do yourself and your community a favor and stop embarrassing yourself.

You can read him a couple days a week in P&SB. It's KS

Guest Guest

Next years line up:

Point guard, Drew Gallagher; shooting guard, Jake Sinicki; small forward Adam Gallagher; forward Wiz; and Kyle Galagher at point forward. Bench players? Not really much there except zidmale, felease and palmer? Another STAC title and section 4 title but nothing after that.

Sports is being done away with due to the budget.

Guest Guest

The UE Girls BB coach is fantastic. I don't know his name, but I have seen him interact with those kids. They respect him tremendously. He offers constructive thoughts, knows his game and praises the standout and smallest successes.

Guest Guest

Next years line up:

They will need a new coach. Oeaker is a low man in the system. He will not survive the cuts at ME.

Guest Chuck Burger

They will need a new coach. Oeaker is a low man in the system. He will not survive the cuts at ME.

You obviously are not the sharpest tool in the shed, You can coach even if you do not teach in the District

Guest migsion Society

Sonny Spera the best coach this week!!!!!!!!

For once we don't have to listen to how great the ME boys are!!!!

It's the girls that win!!!!! Congratulations!!!

win with grace. win with dignity.

so happy for the team.

Nice to hear.

Guest Guest

You obviously are not the sharpest tool in the shed, You can coach even if you do not teach in the District

He'll have to leave the area to find a job. He's not going to stick around this area just to coach hoops.

Guest Guest

He'll have to leave the area to find a job. He's not going to stick around this area just to coach hoops.

Sadly, you are probably right. The unions voted poorly when picking (literally per centage points) raise over smaller raise. No union vote. No district vote. The union ate its young and consequently the vibrant teachers and thereby coaches got whacked. ME loss, another districts gain. Unfortunately for upstate n y.... It will probably be some warm vibrant climate where collective bargaining and tenure are realized for what they really are, largely a tool for the lazy. The union teachers get what they wanted even secondarily... Sticking it to the sports programs. Sad really. Shame on the few that screwed the many.

Guest Guest

The UE Girls BB coach is fantastic. I don't know his name, but I have seen him interact with those kids. They respect him tremendously. He offers constructive thoughts, knows his game and praises the standout and smallest successes.

This must be sarcastic. The so called U.E. girls basketball coach should be fired at once. He is incompetent.

Guest Guest

Praising the smallest successes is what makes every Average Joe think they deserve a trophy and a D1 scholarship. That's not good coaching. That's a wussy attempt at keeping the moron parents happy.

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Vail has to be in the conversation.

But another who has to be in it these days is Kurt Ehrensbeck at Harpursville. Who among us didn't think H'Ville would drop back into the pack once the Kimmel girls were all finished there? But no ... they're still contending for small-school state titles. Kurt's a solid tactician.

Guest Friends of Spartans

Sports is being done away with due to the budget.

How can that happen, then how will all the Gallaghers get their schollarships for college if there is no school sports???

Guest Guest

I can't believe this topic has made it to page 13 :wacko:

The all-time best coach is Dick Baldwin and it's not even close.

As far as current coach, kinda like asking for the Best Candidate for Mayor of Binghamton

Why wouldn't this topic get a lot of replies? It's actually a great topic a lot of people have strong opinions about. Funny that surprises someone who has over 1,400 posts himself.

Why wouldn't this topic get a lot of replies? It's actually a great topic a lot of people have strong opinions about. Funny that surprises someone who has over 1,400 posts himself.

Because I can count the number of truly great basketball coaches this area has had over the years on 1 hand, not use my thumb and have fingers left over.

Guest Guest

Because I can count the number of truly great basketball coaches this area has had over the years on 1 hand, not use my thumb and have fingers left over.

So? That means it isn't an interesting topic for a lot of people or does only your opinion matter? Thank you for your opinion and extending the thread.

Guest Chuck Burger

I can't believe this topic has made it to page 13 :wacko:

The all-time best coach is Dick Baldwin and it's not even close.

As far as current coach, kinda like asking for the Best Candidate for Mayor of Binghamton

Ocker best current coach. Dick Baldwin?.........need to get the dolorean up to 88 to talk about that fossil.

Archived