Where are the toughest, most pothole filled streets in Broome County?

The West Sider

Wow, I was just on Leroy yesterday, near Beethovan, and it was awful!

There is some kind of "work" being done in the Riverside area, but I'm not sure what.

I heard a local DJ mention it was closed Thursday in the Murray St area, but didn't hear anything Friday, so I headed in that direction, to get caught in some very very slow traffic, which is why I went over to Leroy.

There are still some very bad spots on Prospect, too, near the school.

Wow, I was just on Leroy yesterday, near Beethovan, and it was awful!

There is some kind of "work" being done in the Riverside area, but I'm not sure what.

I heard a local DJ mention it was closed Thursday in the Murray St area, but didn't hear anything Friday, so I headed in that direction, to get caught in some very very slow traffic, which is why I went over to Leroy.

There are still some very bad spots on Prospect, too, near the school.

I agree but add Grand Boulevard to the list as well! Binghamton streets are very bad for your vehicles health!

Nothing will ever be worse than the tank proving ground that was prospect st before the state resurfaced it. Pardon me, I mean before Rich David personally replaved it himself.

Why you lazy good for nothing...why don't you get off that couch and find yourself a job and make something out of yourself. Rich David repaved the street, personally? That's the stupidest thing you said all day!

17 east right at the spot where 17E and 81N split, where the construction is taking place and has it down to one lane. That's getting worse and worse, and it can't be avoided by, say, taking another lane. At least they try to cold patch it once in a while.

When will that construction end? 2016? 2017? Going through it twice a day is getting less and less fun.

17 east right at the spot where 17E and 81N split, where the construction is taking place and has it down to one lane. That's getting worse and worse, and it can't be avoided by, say, taking another lane. At least they try to cold patch it once in a while.

When will that construction end? 2016? 2017? Going through it twice a day is getting less and less fun.

It won't end for 4 or 5 more years, but that part should be on the new pavement, which is already laid, and new bridge fairly early in this construction season.

Our car does not set to far off the ground after going to check out the new Wegmans liquor store to compare prices, We will be driving our truck more often and to think Binghamton was setting on seven million dollars they didn't even know they had, that could have put a dent at least in the pothole problem.

This sounds nasty...where exactly was it?

Potholes caused a messy scene on State Route 17 East Saturday evening, popping more than 15 tires.

New York State Police slowed down traffic so crews could come in and patch the two potholes near the 81 South on ramp.

The road was patched around 5 p.m.

Crews will be back on scene to repair the potholes Monday.

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Potholes-pop-at-least-15-tires-on-17-East--246704891.html

I guess the folks were supposed to walk to work, like Tarik.

Our car does not set to far off the ground after going to check out the new Wegmans liquor store to compare prices, We will be driving our truck more often and to think Binghamton was setting on seven million dollars they didn't even know they had, that could have put a dent at least in the pothole problem.

I love the "stay in lane" sign on Prospect going east.

It's like they're saying:

"We know the road is going to do major damage to your car and tires. We know you drivers are swerving into the oncoming lane to avoid the unnecessary expense of many thousands of dollars to your cars.

You must, however, not veer out of your lane regardless of how much traffic is on the road, even at 3 am on a Tuesday. Just drive through this labyrinth of enormous holes and take it like a man."

It's great that they paved a portion of Prospect. Now the other half is breaking out, pretty much as we all saw coming.

How "Business Friendly" did Ryan leave a city in which cars and trucks can't even traverse the roads?

when spring gets here they should start the milling machine at the city line mill off about 3 inches and have the paving crew behind them and not stop till the snow flys again! forget curb and sidewalks till the roads are fixed, sure it wont last forever but its been 8 yrs. since we've had smoothe roads!!

when spring gets here they should start the milling machine at the city line mill off about 3 inches and have the paving crew behind them and not stop till the snow flys again! forget curb and sidewalks till the roads are fixed, sure it wont last forever but its been 8 yrs. since we've had smoothe roads!!

yes, forget the sidewalks. More than half the pedestrians don't use them anyways.

Ryan called the potholes "speed bumps", to keep the pedestrians in the streets safe from traffic.

I love the "stay in lane" sign on Prospect going east.

It's like they're saying:

"We know the road is going to do major damage to your car and tires. We know you drivers are swerving into the oncoming lane to avoid the unnecessary expense of many thousands of dollars to your cars.

You must, however, not veer out of your lane regardless of how much traffic is on the road, even at 3 am on a Tuesday. Just drive through this labyrinth of enormous holes and take it like a man."

It's great that they paved a portion of Prospect. Now the other half is breaking out, pretty much as we all saw coming.

How "Business Friendly" did Ryan leave a city in which cars and trucks can't even traverse the roads?

Guest The Devils Advocate

“Frankly the condition of many of our roads are unacceptable, and potholes the size of craters litter many of our central roadways...I am directing city resources to begin immediately repairing many of the largest potholes in Binghamton."

Rich David - 01/13/2014

It's almost like a country dirt road with the road cinders turning it a shade of brown.

Intersection of Beethoven, Riverside, and Lourdes. Two of them large enough to get lost in. Rest of Riverside Drive to Memorial Bridge, like the country roads that the Duke boys used to drive on when fleeing Rosco P. Coltrane in Hazzard County.

Archived