BARGAINS

ginger

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came from the Price Chopper in Binghamton where I met a very nice young man  who is skipping his senior year and going straight to college for engineering. His parents must be exceptional. :) Binghamton Proud!

But that's not why I'm posting....Carroll Shelby's Chili Mix Kit, the box. is on sale 2/$3.00. BUT, it's also on the clearance rack, which is now located before you get to the shampoo, for $1.44. The expiration date is August of next year. This is all a little curious to me. I usually pay $2.39 up to $3.29 for the CS Kit or the Little Brown Bag kit but when I looked at the normal price on the shelf of the CS kit is was $1.59. I googled the Walmart prices and they seem to fall in line with what I normally pay.

In any case I bought 4 boxes. I'm positive they'll get used.

36 minutes ago, ginger said:

I just came from the Price Chopper in Binghamton where I met a very nice young man  who is skipping his senior year and going straight to college for engineering. His parents must be exceptional. :) Binghamton Proud!

I don't see how he can do that UNLESS he has so many credits, he just has to take 1 or 2 courses to finish high school.

Many colleges have programs like this, especially since their enrollments will be down for the upcoming school year.

16 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I don't see how he can do that UNLESS he has so many credits, he just has to take 1 or 2 courses to finish high school.

Many colleges have programs like this, especially since their enrollments will be down for the upcoming school year.

Well Pete I figured he must have enough AP/IB credits to do that, hasn't it always been that way?

38 minutes ago, ginger said:

Well Pete I figured he must have enough AP/IB credits to do that, hasn't it always been that way?

I know a relative went to BCC in his senior year of HS.  He only had 2 course at the HS and then he drove to BCC and completed a year of college..

6 minutes ago, PeteMoss said:

I know a relative went to BCC in his senior year of HS.  He only had 2 course at the HS and then he drove to BCC and completed a year of college..

I remember a few people doing that in high school..gym and english. We didn't have ap english back then.

• 3 months later...

psst. I was at Price Chopper on Front St yesterday...I was looking at the meat they had advertised. It's certified angus eye round or bottom round for $3.49 a pound. What I ended up purchasing...right next to it was certified angus rump roast for $2.49 /lb. So I bought 2 large $11.00 apiece. I just butchered them into 5 hunks, leaving one larger for stew beef and let me tell you...that raw beef cut like butter and had a very nicely trimmed layer of fat. I think I got the better bargain and I'm wondering if somebody made a mistake.

Once again I said I wasn't going to bake this year. I picked up and put down a tray of Christmas cookies for $12.99. Then I picked it up and put it down again. Then I picked it up, put it down and grabbed 2 cans of cherry pie filling $1.99 each sitting right next to them...but but but I already have all of the other ingredients to make my cherry almond bars! And now I have 48 oz of chocolate chips because they were on sale for $1.99 too. I don't know who I think I'm baking for but I'll do it anyway and throw them in the freezer. 

• 6 months later...

I just came home from the new Ocean State Job Lots store. It's located where Toys r Us used to be in Johnson City. I had actually forgotten the store opened last week. I was headed to the Christmas Tree Shop and never quite made it . I was tired and my back was killing me so I only shopped the perimeter of the store. They have name brand swimwear ie Caribbean Joe and Spicy Tuna...for $10-15.00 They had a variety of summer clothing, nothing expensive. I bought a pair of tan Michael Kors boots for $25.00. Up close, the materials and workmanship is cheap but they'll look nice enough come fall. I bought a 2 pk of bed pillows for $12.00...Zep toilet bowl cleaner...I just paid $4.99 at Price Chopper...it was $3.29 at OSJL. Dark brown Cedar mulch...2 cubic feet was $3.50 a bag. I think that was a good price.

They have a ton of outdoor items...I saw 2 kayaks... beach stuff, pool supplies. They have area rugs, carpeting. It's almost like shopping Ollies but the this store is brightly lit, organized and there is room to move. I'm definitely going back to see what I missed. The store was busy and everyone was happy and chatting with each other "Is there anything they don't have?" Best part about this store which will make me go back...I didn't have to walk a mile from the parking lot. There are 2 handicapped spots per aisle and that's it. Swear to God Walmart in Oneonta has 200 handicapped, pick up order and woman with child parking spots. It's ridiculous. I'm shopping at 7 in the morning and have to walk a mile just to get into the store.

https://images.app.goo.gl/WRWXUq3p3Zb7qz317

Look at this parking lot...I have a bad back but I really feel badly for the elderly who don't have a handicapped tag. They should be able to park where they want, but they don't break the rules. It's disconcerting watching them use up all of their energy just to walk in the door.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5sh8t5fkLYohS9WW7