BARGAINS

ginger

This week at Weis, Maxwell House decaf, the large container, is on sale for $6.99. It's usually $12.99 a can and goes on sale for $8.99. I don't drink it but my mother does.

CVS on Robinson St has Trak phones on clearance for $4.50. :) No I didn't buy one. As I mentioned on another thread, if you have children who lose or drop phones, these would be handy replacements.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips on the bargains. We only drink Maxwell House Decaf so We stocked up. I was thinking about finally purchasing a trak phone for that price but I bypassed that bargain. I must be the only person in the area without a cell phone.

I went all around trying to buy cheap minutes for the track phone. The best bet is to deal is to buy a Tracfone that is a little more expensive, say $10-$20. They come with "double minutes" So every time you buy 60 minutes for $20 for 90days, they double the minutes because you bought that specific phone. If you only want it for emergencies, then the $5 phone is OK with no double minutes.

Old news

Ummmm, no. Codes are updated daily and most online coupon code websites are confusing/fraudulent and number in the hundreds (probably thousands). The link I provided is for the #1 coupon code website. If you're buying anything online, that place probably has a code and you'll save money.

I like this thread topic. Good job, Ginger

• 1 month later...

Weis on Upper Front St outdid themselves this week! :) The funny thing is..I thought I spent about $100.00 but the bill was only $72 and change.

My*T*Fine chocolate pudding, the small package...2/$1.00 usually it's 2/$1.49 it's the only brand we use. My mother traditionally makes icebox cake for my brothers birthday and before you know it, Thanksgiving will upon us...chocolate pies.

Discontinued item-Hefty unscented tall kitchen bags 150 count for $9.98. I usually purchase Wegmans brand 120 count. Up until, I think last month, they were 10.99. They recently increased the price to $12.99 but sent me a coupon booklet with a $2.00 off coupon for the same item. :blink: So I could pay the same price I had been paying all along! I took the last 2 packages at that store and brought one over to moms house but you may find them at another location.

Also discontinued-Kuhne Red Cabbage 24 oz jar $1.99 usually $3.99-$4.29 a product of Germany...It's the only brand I really like but...shhhh don't tell anyone...sometimes when I go to Big Lots, I've been finding fabulous imported sauerkraut and red cabbage for the same $1.99- $2.49 price, and the product is not even close to being expired. I took the last jar on the shelf but again, maybe another location except for those of you who like to make me jealous by telling me you have a connection to contraband locally made kraut. Harrumph!!!Some friends you are! :)

I almost forgot...CVS- Original Maxwell House (medium) $4.99 for the large can. (State St)

Something else interesting. I have leftover ham in the freezer from Easter so I'm making pea soup. Maines has split dried peas for $1.29/lb. Weis has Goya split peas for $1.29/lb but the Weis brand is 2/$4.00. Strange? I wonder what the difference is, if there is any? They all looked the same just different labels.

The brand at Maines is Jack Rabbit... :) Well I'll be swizzled!

^ :) Tex! Do they have LeSeuer Peas where you are?

Not really a huge bargain but, I needed oven cleaner. Usually it's Easy Off at $4.99 a can. Last night at Maines I purchased Chempro foaming oven cleaner for $5.99. It's a bigger can and a far superior product. I just used it on the stove top burners but I'm betting this is going to be awesome for the grill.

• 3 weeks later...

CVS Robinson St.- Arizona white tea with blueberry and rapsberry half tea, half lemonade $.25/bottles. I normally don't drink flavored or sweetened tea but I saw these at CVS last week at the State st CVS and took the last six bottles. I was expecting a syrupy consistency but they were fine so I purchased more of them last night. I think the strawberry half and half is on sale as well.

On the other hand,,,,Hagen Daz almond ice cream bars were buy one get one free at $5.79= $2.90 for a box of 3. Not the hugest bargain but... When I got home I opened one of those up and it seemed like 25-30% was missing. They're usually a bit larger. I don't know if this size is going to be the new norm or if that's why the ice cream bars were on sale.

Everything is gettin smaller as the price goes up what's a pound of coffee now like 12 oz? Half gallon of ice cream etc. it's funny the price of gas dropped under two bucks last year yet the prices never went down. When you go grocery shopping how much tax is on your bill?

Weiss really? people actually shop there?

:) Yesterday afternoon I realized I forgot to buy butter so I ran up to the convenience store...ouch$3.29 for 2 sticks of butter but dinner was almost done. I was laughing with the guys behind the counter as one of them was commenting his mother also shops certain stores for different items but invariably forgets to buy something because she's planning to shop elsewhere. ie after dinner I shopped Price chopper but did not purchase sour cream because I only use Breakstone. That's kind of strange because they have Breakstone cottage cheese. Also I'm shopping for 2 houses, mine and my mothers which is why I'm in CVS a lot. Plus, she uses the State st and I use Robinson st...Her prescriptions are due a different week than mine are and she recently had cataract surgery.

Speaking of bargains...This is the way I understand it....my mom was able to get the lens' in both eyes replaced because she had cataracts that needed to be removed. $200.00 an eye copay. She has regular medicare and her what's it called, part B plan? The doctor replaced one lens with a long distance and the other with short distance. She is still going to need reading glasses but my daughter gave her a gift card to an optical shop for Christmas so that should cover those. THAT'S CHEAPER THAN GLASSES! Last year, my glasses came to $585.00!

She's doing great and loves going without glasses. She still needs to put drops in for a few more weeks. Her doctor said she was the best patient he ever had. :)

Also Mulligan I almost exclusively purchase paper products at Big Lots. Up until the last month or so I was getting 108 rolls of Charmin for less than $20.00. They only had one case like that the last time I was there and the sales associate stated they had been getting fewer and fewer of those. (At the Binghamton location) IF I'm in Vestal, I go there but also I might add I work crazy hours and shifts so coordinating shopping to maximize spending power is a feat of it's own. Wegmans is nice for somethings but I don't always have the time to traverse that store, even though their prices are pretty much comparable or even cheaper than other stores You know what I recently discovered at Wegmans? Their low salt canned green beans are better than anyones. A few weeks ago their canned veggies were on sale for $.59 and yes :) I prefer fresh but in a pinch...if I don't have time to cook...

Everything is gettin smaller as the price goes up what's a pound of coffee now like 12 oz? Half gallon of ice cream etc. it's funny the price of gas dropped under two bucks last year yet the prices never went down. When you go grocery shopping how much tax is on your bill?

I spent $245.00 at Price Chopper last night. The 8% sales tax equaled $4.75. that was for glad ware, kitty treats, gatorade, crest, light bulbs, kitchen sponges, shampoo, 409...

:) A pound of coffee is 11.5 ounces now! How much is the sales tax where you are?

The state gets 6.25 but the city gets 1% and another 1% goes to the municipal transit but I spent a hundred at HEB and my tax was only $.66 and I can now buy Hoffman hotdogs an state fair spied i.e. products allthough I have my dads recipe but I love the lemon garlic for boneless breast.

I use State Fair lemon garlic too when I marinate however...if I call ahead, I can get 2 lbs of cooked chicken speidies at Lupos for $10.98 which is less expensive than purchasing them in the grocery store and grilling... :) and braving the cold weather in winter. Lucky me, I live on that side of town so I coordinate speidie salad day with moms prescription day.

SEE MULLIGAN! THERE IS A METHOD TO THE MADNESS! :)

Yeh but after they are cooked there isn't 2 pounds and they way them up uncooked. Spiedie marinate is so easy to make why buy them when boneless breast are $1.99 or less? I allways let them soak for at least 3 days but yo can do it overnight, I still like to make pork or lamb. Whatever works best for you is good. Hell I even make my own Italian sausage but I enjoy doing it and Oooooo its so good!

^ :) That's why I purchase 2 lbs cooked. I marinate and freeze by portion. I love bringing spiedies on vacation and sharing them with neighbors or other vacationers who've never had them. Especially those Cape Codders...mmmm MEAT! Meat sandwiches!!!! lol that's what they always say..."It's just a meat sandwich but it's so good!"

And they also wonder what would happen if they threaded the speidies on to a fishing hook. :lol:

I remember taking spiedies to the Cape, too.

The lady who owned the place we were staying at came over and asked what on earth we were cooking that smelled so good.

She didn't eat meat, but her handicapped husband did, so we sent some back w/ her for him.

FTR, they were venison marinated in bottled sauce...can't remember which one.