Scott Pelley out at the CBS Evening News

PeteMoss

I have to say, I'm astounded at the # of posts laughing at how they don't know who this guy is...

I don't watch a whole lot of TV news either, but when I turn on the TV (in the 5 pm range), it's on WBNG, which I mute much of, then it segues into the CBS Evening News...which was anchored by the DB in the title of this thread.

When that came on was my cue to find something OnDemand, but somehow I've caught some of his BS before I could change the channel, and it was more than enough for me.

How you could've never heard his name is beyond me.

Again, I am glad he's gone.

Because I have zero need to watch the evenings news at 6:30. Zero. Have not turned on the evening news since I think the GW administration.

Never heard of him until this thread. That is a fact. I can't name one current anchor on local or nations news if you held a gun to my head.

I have to say, I'm astounded at the # of posts laughing at how they don't know who this guy is...

I don't watch a whole lot of TV news either, but when I turn on the TV (in the 5 pm range), it's on WBNG, which I mute much of, then it segues into the CBS Evening News...which was anchored by the DB in the title of this thread.

When that came on was my cue to find something OnDemand, but somehow I've caught some of his BS before I could change the channel, and it was more than enough for me.

How you could've never heard his name is beyond me.

Again, I am glad he's gone.

Big difference in media consumption.

For starters, I'm still working at 5PM. But even if I weren't, I wouldn't be tuning into the evening news... I've already read everything they have to say, hours (or more) earlier. TV news is old news by internet time standards.

Archived